“Excellent stay and service at Hotel Joyce Paris”

Hotel Joyce - Astotel
Ranked #61 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited Paris and Provence this March 2013 and my stay in Hotel Joyce Paris is excellent. The room and toilet are nice and clean and the hotel is located just few minutes walk to the metro and within 10-15 minutes walk to Lafayette shopping district and Montmarte which is fantastic.

Thank you to Samuel, their receptionist who kindly helped me out on one early snowy morning in Paris to catch a taxi urgently to TGV train to Avignon in Provence. The taxi I booked didn't turned up that early morning and the help of Samuel and the help of another staff from Monterossa Hotel (which I stayed the night before) are highly appreciated.

I would highly recommend Hotel Joyce in Paris to my friends and next time I visited Paris!!

Room Tip: Request for a higher room and non-smoking room during your booking online
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dianawychan
There are newer reviews for Hotel Joyce - Astotel

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We've just returned from a two night stay here. It cost about Euro. 200 a night including free breakfast and wifi.

Location: Good location, you can get to Sacre Coeur in about 20-25 minutes (walking), Opera in about 10-15 minutes, and the nearest Metro is about 3-4 minutes away (St. Georges I think). Gare du Nord about 10 minutes by taxi (about 10-15 Euros).

Breakfast: Basic but fine

Mini-bar: No mini-bar but instead a free soft drinks bar through the day (very good idea!!)

Wifi: Good speeds and free of charge

Room: Comfortable, not huge. Our room overlooked the road and we didn't have much noise and slept well. Mattress was comfy (soft but not lumpy). Electronic safe in room worked fine.

Overall value: A bit steep but that's what you expect in Paris city centre. Would stay again / recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Gentle 20min walk from Eurostar. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Lovely bistro a few doors down. 10min walk to Moulin Rouge. (We got upgraded to room 606 - the biggest / best in the hotel as we stayed for our anniversary and mentioned it in our booking)! Just 15mins walk to the Opera for the starting point of "L'open tour" the green and yellow open top bus tours. An excellent 3* (3.5*) hotel with multi-lingual staff, always ready and willing to help! Instead of a mini-bar here is a "free bar" from noon to midnight for soft drinks and hot drinks downstairs. iPhone alarm clock Docks are a great touch. We often choose 4* but weren't disappointed with this choice. Breakfast is usually better in 4* places, but there is plenty to choose from here. We actually walked to Arc de Triomphe in about 30 mins or so, and then wandered down to the Eiffel Tower. So a great location, and an even shorter walk to Sacre Coeur.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My friends and I recently stayed for 10 days at the Hotel Joyce. We had a lovely time. The hotel is in a nice neighborhood with many good restaurants nearby. All the staff at the hotel made us feel welcome and were very helpful in answering our (many) questions. The rooms are well decorated and comfortable. The breakfast is a good value. I hope I get the chance to stay at Hotel Joyce again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I loved this hotel, it is perfect for a short stay in Paris. Great hotel, great value and free wifi! It looks as it is in the pics, it is clean, tidy and has a stylish simple design in the rooms. I also love the reception area, the stairs, and how they have used the space.

The location is great, close to restaurants and metro stations, about a 5-10 min walk to the Opera and large shops, I have a friend who lives on the same road so that is how I originally saw the hotel. I thought it looked nice on the outside, and it was definitely nice on the inside. Front desk staff are super helpful and friendly giving directions, advice and opinions when asked.Especially Jennifer. I left a necklace in my room which I hadn't noticed, she put in an envelope for me and I collected later.

I would definitely stay again when returning to Paris, as all my trips are short. However for a longer stay it may not be ideal as the rooms and bathroom are not huge. It just depends what you are used to when you stay in a hotel. If it is just a base to sleep it is wonderful. They also have drinks and snacks in the lobby at all times available for the guests which is handy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

A friendly, clean hotel just enough away from the madding crowd but at the same time close enough to the main attractions. Reception were extremely helpful and friendly which we appreciated. Breakfast OK, rooms small with small bed compared to most modern hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josephine60
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Chose this hotel due to them having an excellent summer promotion including breakfast & wifi which seems to be a dissapearing rarity especially in european hotels so Hotel Joyce was already onto a winner with me, I emailed ahead to advise them my arrival time,and when we arrived just before midday ( check in at 2pm ) they got us a room in approx 15 mins and we even got a coffee whilst we waited.

They as like all paris hotels have 1 tiny lift , though waiting wasn't a problem. The room ( twin ) was great ( pictures to follow ) very boutique in feel and had decent linens, each bed had its own reading lights table and plug sockets important for keeping the mobile command centre running . The wifi was fast and strong never lost a connection though you do need a code which you get a reception. Bathroom was clean & functional but sorry to report the shower was a tad dribble more than power shower but i'm guessing it's due to the water pressure more than the shower itself and the organic toiletries was a nice touch. though they do need to address the lack of fluffy towels issue.

Whilst the room did not have a mini bar free tea , coffee, water and soft drinks were avalible for free in the reception downstairs which you were free to take up to your room or put in your back to drink on your day out which was also welcomed as it was sweltering outside during my trip.

The only issue i had with the room was the lack of english tv channels , why does everyone assume that brits abroad want to watch cnn news or the bbc world service ? i dont go away to watch tv but it would be nice if you want to relax before heading out for dinner it would be nice if there was 1 watchable channel rather than having to watch the tennis is german , in the end we just turned the sound off.

Found all staff members efficient , happy and professional and happy to help their guests special mention for Kevin on reception who went over and above at times.

With regards to location the hotel is situated approx 5/10 minutes walk from eitheir St Georges or Pigelle metro stops and approx 20 min stroll from the seine.

Very happy with my stay would definately reccommend and look forward to maybe trying another hotel in their chain on my next visit.

Room Tip: anything on a high floor for the view hotel has 6 floors .
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends