2,690 results
All reviewssaint georgesfree drinks and snacksmoulin rougesacre coeurgaleries lafayettefree wifilovely hotelwalking distancebreakfast roomloved this hotelquiet streetcroissantsmini barminute walktwin roomlovely roomwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed at Hotel Joyce for 5 nights with my partner as a base for our sightseeing trip.

Rooms:
The rooms are a good size, clean and beautifully decorated. ipod docking station a plus :)

Location:
The hotel is in a good location but a bit close to the red light district for my liking, which wasnt mentioned in many other reviews to my surpirse. 5/10 minute walk to moulin rouge 15 minutes to sacre coeure. Metro station just round the corner from the hotel, making it super easy to get around the city.

Staff:
The rooms were cleaned daily, complimentary toiletries were not replaced once used though. Could not find fault with the reception staff,fluent in english, always willing to help with directions and booking tours/moulin rouge etc.

Breakfast was fit for purpose and fairly basic.
We made our own way to the hotel via the train and metro from CDG airport,cheaper than a taxi,below are the directions we used to navigate our way there.

From Airport Charles de Gaulle: Take the RER B (blue) train and get off at 'Gare du Nord'
From there, take metro line 4 direction 'Porte de Clignancourt' for 1 stop and change metro at 'Barbès Rochechouart'.
Change to metro line 2 direction 'Porte Dauphine' and change metro again at metro stop 'Pigalle'.
Change to metro line 12 direction 'Mairie d'Issy' and get off at metro stop ‘Saint-Georges’.
Exit 'Saint Georges' station and walk left, take your first left, the hotel is about 3 minute walk up the road on your left hand side.

BOOK THROUGH THE HOTEL WEBSITE, ITS CHEAPER.

Overall we had a good stay, reasonably priced, clean rooms and good location. I would have preferred to have been in districts 1/3/5/7.
I feel Hotel Joyce also has so many highly rated reviews as more of a reflection on the quality of the reception staff rather than location (which is more important to me)
Didnt like that i wasnt even on my flight home before receiving a e-mail requesting a positive review on trip advisor! I feel my review is a reflection on what i personally look for in a hotel, which is location, cleanliness and how safe the hotel is.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank faye5752016
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Spent 3 nights at Hotel Joyce and loved it!

Had some difficulty getting to the hotel because there was no transfer from airport to hotel (but available from hotel to airport). Best way is to take Roissy bus to Opera and walk there.

Location is very central, near Galeries Lafayette and many metro stations. The rooms were big by Paris' standards. Loved the decor and the "greenhouse" breakfast area. And the bed was so comfy and nice!

Commendable service was provided by Samuel who was always on night shift. Great service attitude and still so smiley whenever we came back at midnight! He even went to the hotel across the street to get us cola cause we were craving for it. He took the effort to find out how we found out about the hotel, our experience thus far etc instead of just pushing us a comments form on check-out.

It's great being able to walk in at 12pm to get a cold drink and some nice pastries for tea at their "open bar" from 12-10pm. Not sure if it's a norm at all Paris hotels but I loved it!

I will most definitely stay here when I go to Paris again!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed at the Joyce for 3 nights in Paris and it was a joy. Welcoming, helpful and friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room with lovely bedlinen. Good location for restaurants and cafes as well as the Metro. Breakfast was a real bonus with good choice and fresh food.
Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Lovely clean room, with a cute balcony. Room was small, but that's standard for Paris and there was adequate storage and all expected facilities. Bed linen was lovely and very nicely decorated bedroom. No problems with noise, even though our room overlooked the street. Breakfast in the charming dining room was excellent, both varied and plentiful, and it was a bonus to be able to use this area through the day for complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and snacks. Staff were universally helpful and friendly. Good location, two minutes walk from Saint Georges Metro.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bernig1
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My friends & I recenly stayed at Joyce Hotel. At first, my thought was, this was "out" of location (for me). Well, there's always a taxi and if you're just a few days in Paris, it isn't that bad. From the Opera, its just a few minutes walk. Healthy, I would say!
Service was good. Met Mr. Samuel from the Front Desk. He was so kind & helpful and I think he has the quality of a good Public Relations Officer and/or Hotel Manager. Keep it up, Mr. Samuel! And thank you for everything. Of course, the other staffs were also good & helpful. They speak & understand English otherwise we would have tried our best with sign language ^_^
Well, me & my friends did have a great time staying at your hotel.Till next time...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends