“Notre Dame Studio”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bed and Breakfast Delareynie
Ranked #50 of 136 Paris B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed in the Notre Dame Studio in June 2014. The location is centrally located to the metro which makes it easy to visit all the major sights. The Notre-Dame Cathedral can be seen when you walk outside of the apartment's main doorway. Ghislain was a pleasant host and was flexible with our last minute change of plans. The apartment is perfect for a couple visiting Paris! Thank you again, Ghislain!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ARice13

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed at Temple St apartment. Originally booked Notre Dame, but host Ghislain had issues with the plumbing when we arrived in Paris, so moved us to Temple st instead. At first I was a little put out, as all my plans and maps had been for Notre Dame, but Ghislain was the perfect host and made us feel very welcome to his beautiful city.
It really didn't matter in the end because Temple st is still close to everything and within walking distance to all the attractions I wanted to visit. I had read about the club accross the street, but we really did not suffer from any noise at all and after about 10.30pm it seemed to all go quiet, so unless you are an early to bed person (and really? When in Paris early to bed?) there didn't seem to be a problem at all.

The apartment is all it needs to be and after travelling for 5 weeks through europe with my 15 year old daughter she tells me this has been her favourite place to stay out of them all. So I felt compelled to add this accomodation to trip advisor, even though it has been several weeks since
our visit. She liked the fact that we could walk outside and be right amongst the city with great
places to eat and see.
I liked the quirkiness of it all, from the wooden staircase, to the tenants with their dogs, the old wooden beams and that you went up to a mezanine floor to bed (please note that you cannot stand up at the mezzanine level and I am not that tall, so maybe hard if you are really tall or in any way disabled as the stairs etc are a bit if a challenge) I liked the beautiful wooden door to enter and that you felt very safe once inside the iron gated court yard.
All in all I give it a 4 star and well worth the money.
Ghislain emailed me many times before our arrival, so I felt like I knew him by the time we arrived.
He had information for us about the immediate neighborhood and we had everything we needed.
Thank you Ghislain for a wonderful stay, we hope to return some time.
Paris remains our top location on all of our travels.♡♡

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed in the 'Notre-dame' studio flat - This flat is situated in a great location, right next to Notre dame, so is perfect for a tourist visit - you are close to all the sights and have good metro links. The owner provded some bread, juice and jams to kick us off, which was a nice touch.

The flat itself is a good size for two people - with a kitchenette,table, double bed and a nice bathroom with shower. It has one window which looks into the block of flats (which means there is no view, but then also no real noise from the street). It can get pretty warm but the owner has provided a cooler fan to help.

Only slight concern would be the flats internal staircase, which is very narrow and has some repair work going on, which given the flat is on the third floor, could be an issue for someone slightly older or not nimble on their feet.

Overall the flat is pretty good value (considering this is Paris) and probably more charming than most places would be in this price bracket.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Engarde_1984
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Studio Notre Dame for three nights in May. The location is fantastic! When you walk out of the apartment building you can see the Notre Dame Cathedral. and are literally steps away from the famous Shakespeare and Company bookstore. The studio is centrally located, so you really can walk everywhere. And if you don't like walking, public transportation is very close by. The apartment is newly renovated, clean and comfortable. It has everything you need and then some...a fully equipped kitchen, wifi, iron and ironing board. Ladies, there is a hairdryer and straightening iron that work well. The bed was comfy. The bathroom was clean and the shower worked great. The apartment is small and in an old building, but for the price and location, it can't be beat!

The owner Ghislain was really nice and met us at the apartment. We were running very late, Ghislain waited for us and was very understanding. He then took the time to show us in and give us recommendations for restaurants and sites nearby.

Overall our stay was wonderful!!! I would highly recommend this apartment to family and friends!

Thank you Ghislain for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed in Studio Notre Dame January 2012. Unbeatable location, you can walk where ever you want to go and will save so much on transport as you are very central. Yes, it is a small apartment but you don't need something bigger as you will be out and about in Paris. We really had good quality sleep here. You are close to grocery shops, you are in the Latin quarter and barely 100 meters from Notre Dame. My husband was freaked out by the supporting scaffolding of the stairs etc, but this is a very old building. There is no lift, and the stairs are steep and it is a challenge to get your luggage to the 3rd floor, but it is worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SuperK1
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at Studio Du Temple and absolutely loved the accommodations. Beautiful floor to ceiling french door windows that open up to the street. Updated, clean and modern loft style apartment. Ample closet space. More spacious than any hotel you will get. Best value ever. Absolutely loved the neighborhood. Only complaint is the club across the street...can get loud after hours. I'd advise bringing ear plugs. I loved the routine of all the locks and codes and keys and lights needed to get into the apartment building and front door. After 5 days I felt like I lived there and didn't want to leave! Ghislain was a great host and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Lauren A
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My spouse and I stayed at Chambre d'hôtes Delareynie's St. Merri studio apartment for four nights in March 2014. It was perfect for our long weekend in Paris. Here are our highlights and things to consider when booking St. Merri.

Highlights:
- The studio is small, but spacious enough for a queen bed, kitchenette, sitting area and our luggage. We were cozy, but comfortable. It was equipped with a coffee maker, microwave, stove top and fridge. We didn't cook (it's Paris!) but it was nice to be able to stash a bottle of wine in the fridge.
- The location is amazing! It's a five minute walk from Notre Dame, Centre de Pompidou and from several Metro stations. Also, a 20 minute, scenic stroll from the Louvre. Lots of shops and restaurants close by made it easy to find anything we needed.
- Our host was easy to reach if we needed something and made great recommendations.

Things to consider when booking:
- St. Merri is a second floor (third in US) walk up. You must be able to carry your luggage up narrow stairs. We packed light and have young legs, so this wasn't a problem for us!
- It's located in an old building in a hip neighborhood. In other words, it was loud late into the night. We had ear plugs and a comfy bed, so it never bothered us a bit!
- It's small, definitely not fit for more than two adults. The bathroom was tiny. The shower was tough for my 6ft.1in. husband to use.
- It was clean and had all the basics we needed, but it's not luxurious. Perfect for a budget trip to Paris, but maybe not for your honeymoon.

I would highly recommend Delareynie's accommodations to younger (we're in our early-30s), budget travelers. You can't beat the location or the price. Loved it!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple