“Good but expensive”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Valbonne, France
“Good but expensive”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We went with the family and for our entree paid 14 Euros for 6 snails. A few days later we paid 10 Euros for a 3 course meal in the Latin Quarter. So in future I would save this for a special occasion.

Visited January 2012

Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Words are not enough to do justice to this restaurant”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

For a romantic-get-away we stayed one night in Paris. As a BIG event for my girlfriend was about to happen ;-) I had to find a restaurant out of the ordinary. At TA I read that this restaurant is supposed to be the best in that area while still having a good price/quality ratio ;-) so I decided to go there.

I made reservations at their website in the morning but I didn't get any confirmation so when we arrived at our hotel I asked the hotel to check. They still had place (somehow the reservation didn't come through or so?) and when we went there I was happy that I made a reservation as the restaurant was packed with mostly locals.

The restaurant is fine dining but with an informal atmosphere. We decided to take the full menu and ordered water and wine. Wine was excellent and the food came from another world. Words are not enough to describe how well it was. What we also liked were the amuses that we got in between the meals. We weren't charged for it and after eating them we only wanted to eat more.

Unfortunately we were already so stuffed by the beautiful escargots home-made, foie gras, dorado, T-bone steak, chocolate pie and Crème brûlée that we couldn't eat anymore. In total we spent around 110 euro; even though a lot of money we felt the whole experience was worth it.

Special mention deserves the staff. Hospitality at its best and while not everyone was so fluent in English they all made the evening a very special one. When we are back in Paris we will definitely return.

We are not so sure about the closing times. The latest time mentioned for reservation is 21.30 although when we left around 23.00 people were still coming in and others still continued eating.

Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2011
Paris, France
“Perfect neighborhood restaurant!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We live down the street. Easily the best French food in the area. Delightful service. We are thrilled to have this gem nearby!

1 Thank Harley226
NY
“Wonderful evening”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

A Trip Advisor find, and it lived up to its rep. Very pretty family-owned restaurant. We messed up the res, and they took it all in stride. Food terrific. Worth, what might be a detour for most tourists. Although it is not near most hotels, we walked from ours near the Eiffel Tower. One note: It was warm out the week we were there, and the restaurant was warm. I presume that they have AC, but if they do, it was not on.

• Visited September 2011
N.Ireland
“Fabulous food + pleasant staff =wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We were staying nearby and called into this restaurant for dinner on the saturday evening. The restaurant filled up quickly and it soon became apparent why. The staff were charming and attentive, and the food was just glorious. We had a wonderful traditional french 3 course meal complete with an amuse bouche, a good wine and some dessert wine and the cost was on a par with some of our best Belfast restaurants and much better value than a lot of other Paris restaurants. I only wish we had discovered it earlier, we would have made a second trip.

• Visited May 2011