“A real treasure......something unique to do on a weekend in Paris”

La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes
Ranked #2 of 143 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: La Cuisine Paris is a cooking school in the centre of Paris offering hands-on cooking classes and food tours in English. Our school is located in the heart of Paris just minutes away from Notre Dame, the Marais, and the famous Hotel de Ville. Our classes are taught in a warm and friendly environment and are small and hands-on - we like everyone to get stuck in! Join us to learn to make beautiful macarons or buttery croissants, or to learn how to use seasonal products inspired by a French Market visit. Or spend time with us outside of the kitchen and indulge your taste buds on a food tour, from our fromage and wine workshop, to our sweet Pastry and Chocolate tour, to our historical tour of the Kings kitchen garden in Versailles, there is something for everyone. Come and join us to learn some tips and secrets so that you can recreate French cuisine in your home kitchen!
Reviewed February 18, 2011

We had been looking for something special to do on a weekend break in Paris and found this on Tripadvisor. I cant speak highly enough of the level of professionalism and courtesy that the staff displayed, in a very natural and understated way.
To start the experience, we met with the chef/instructor and 2 other couples at a local market on Saint Germain and spent a most informative, enjoyable hour touring the market, deciding what we wanted to cook as a group for lunch, and tasting all sorts of delicacies, with commentary from chef Julie and market stall owners. Walked across the Seine to La Cuisine and had what amounted to a guided tour, led by Julie, on the way!
Prepped and cooked under Julie's expert coaching - dishes & ingredients that we never would have considered - and then enjoyed a fab lunch with excellent wine. All staff from Olivier, the owner and his wife, Jane to Chef Julie and others were most helpful in recommending restaurants, other markets to explore and activities. We look forward to joining the team at La Cuisine when we visit Paris again. Excellente!

2  Thank Dromadamusic
Write a ReviewReviews (2,115)
All reviews
"making class"
in 28 reviews
"sauces class"
in 27 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
in 40 reviews
in 23 reviews
"learn how"
in 70 reviews
"making macarons"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed February 16, 2011

Excellent facility, easy to find and centraly located. The Staff is very professional, friendly and helpful.
We attended a class with Chef Justin, Classical French Pâtisseries. He taught us so much, in such a relaxed setting!
He made sure everyone participated and spent time with everyone, answering every question, demonstrating constantly teaching and making the class so much fun.
Every one in the school was attentive and accomodating to every one.
I attended with my adult daughter and it will be for sure a highlight of this journey, and a memory maker for many years.
I would make it a point to attend other classes at La Cuisine de Paris in my next visit, and for sure recommend to friends and family.
Thank you!!

2  Thank pedidoctx
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Even if you are already an experienced cook, this is a fun way to delve a bit deeper into the culture and spend a lovely evening with fellow tourists from around the world sharing travel stories over a glass of wine and a meal you cooked together. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with Chef Christian and our classmates--even the owners stopped in to check on how we were doing. Next time we're in Paris we're definitely signing up for another class!

1  Thank LosAngelesAnonymous
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I booked the Gallette de Roi course for myself and 3 of my friends visiting Paris and we had a blast. The group kitchen was gorgeous, clean and well equipped. Chef Diane was both professional and engaged with the group, even though some guests were not native English or French speakers. The proprietors were tuned-in throughout the course, answered all of our questions and even suggested a great cafe nearby after we finished. It was a superb experience. I would like to book a class for my husband and I soon. Great for a couple!

1  Thank DesireeParis
See more reviews
Reviewed January 21, 2011

What a fantastic experience! We had such a lovely afternoon learning how to make the Galette des Rois. The class instruction was exceptional; we even learned how to mix chocolate filling with the traditional. Everyone was super friendly and outgoing, which immediately put us all at ease. It will be a treat to make this for my family now that I am back home. We even made a special trip to a kitchen store where we were able to purchase a packet of porcelain feves! The experience was a definite highlight of my time in Paris and I would highly recommend taking a class with La Cuisine Paris, you will not be disappointed!!!!

2  Thank RMHunter124