“A Wonderful Evening”

La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes
Ranked #2 of 144 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: La Cuisine Paris is a cooking school in the centre of Paris offering hands-on cooking classes and food tours in English. Our school is located in the heart of Paris just minutes away from Notre Dame, the Marais, and the famous Hotel de Ville. Our classes are taught in a warm and friendly environment and are small and hands-on - we like everyone to get stuck in! Join us to learn to make beautiful macarons or buttery croissants, or to learn how to use seasonal products inspired by a French Market visit. Or spend time with us outside of the kitchen and indulge your taste buds on a food tour, from our fromage and wine workshop, to our sweet Pastry and Chocolate tour, to our historical tour of the Kings kitchen garden in Versailles, there is something for everyone. Come and join us to learn some tips and secrets so that you can recreate French cuisine in your home kitchen!
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Even if you are already an experienced cook, this is a fun way to delve a bit deeper into the culture and spend a lovely evening with fellow tourists from around the world sharing travel stories over a glass of wine and a meal you cooked together. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with Chef Christian and our classmates--even the owners stopped in to check on how we were doing. Next time we're in Paris we're definitely signing up for another class!

1  Thank LosAngelesAnonymous
Write a ReviewReviews (2,110)
All reviews
"making class"
in 28 reviews
"sauces class"
in 27 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
in 40 reviews
in 23 reviews
"learn how"
in 70 reviews
"making macarons"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed January 22, 2011

I booked the Gallette de Roi course for myself and 3 of my friends visiting Paris and we had a blast. The group kitchen was gorgeous, clean and well equipped. Chef Diane was both professional and engaged with the group, even though some guests were not native English or French speakers. The proprietors were tuned-in throughout the course, answered all of our questions and even suggested a great cafe nearby after we finished. It was a superb experience. I would like to book a class for my husband and I soon. Great for a couple!

1  Thank DesireeParis
Reviewed January 21, 2011

What a fantastic experience! We had such a lovely afternoon learning how to make the Galette des Rois. The class instruction was exceptional; we even learned how to mix chocolate filling with the traditional. Everyone was super friendly and outgoing, which immediately put us all at ease. It will be a treat to make this for my family now that I am back home. We even made a special trip to a kitchen store where we were able to purchase a packet of porcelain feves! The experience was a definite highlight of my time in Paris and I would highly recommend taking a class with La Cuisine Paris, you will not be disappointed!!!!

2  Thank RMHunter124
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I took the Market Class and loved it! We visited a local market, and several small specialty shops and as a group planned a lunch based on what was available. Our chef/tour guide was so helpful in answering and translating questions about the local produce and other offerings. This part of the class alone was worth the price. We then walked back to the very professional and attractive kitchen and had some warming coffee while the chef organized our purchases. We then spent the rest of our time creating our market meal and learning more tips about French style cooking. I loved having the "living like a local" experience. I recommend taking a class - a truly memorable way to enjoy Paris.

2  Thank Javakwn
See more reviews
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I had a fantastic experience at La Cuisine Paris! I took several classes there during a series of business trips to Paris.

It's a great idea whether you are a first-time visitor or you know the City of Light like the back of your hand. I enrolled in both French and English courses each time and was delighted by the charm and friendliness of the chefs and the owners. Not only do I learn to make some delicious dinners but I had a chance to interact with locals and practice my French. I also learned about some natives spots that were off the tourist track.

The facilities were beautiful and inviting; the location perfect and the price just right. A great way to spend an evening when you can't handle yet another museum or another restaurant full of tourists.

Check in to La Cuisine Paris and you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank BEMNYC