“Baguettes and Fougasses!”

La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 170 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: La Cuisine Paris is a cooking school in the centre of Paris offering hands-on cooking classes and food tours in English. Our school is located in the heart of Paris just minutes away from Notre Dame, the Marais, and the famous Hotel de Ville. Our classes are taught in a warm and friendly environment and are small and hands-on - we like everyone to get stuck in! Join us to learn to make beautiful macarons or buttery croissants, or to learn how to use seasonal products inspired by a French Market visit. Or spend time with us outside of the kitchen and indulge your taste buds on a food tour, from our fromage and wine workshop, to our sweet Pastry and Chocolate tour, to our historical tour of the Kings kitchen garden in Versailles, there is something for everyone. Come and join us to learn some tips and secrets so that you can recreate French cuisine in your home kitchen!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently did the baguette and boulangerie baking class with my mother, grandmother, and sister while vacationing in Paris. We had a blast! The class was nice and small, only four other people attended, for a total of 8 students; it was a perfect size. Chef Diane is great! She was pleasant, helpful, and made the experience one that won't be forgotten. Although all four of us love cooking, only my sister and grandmother frequently bake bread. Both said the class was informative and helpful despite their advanced skill sets. All of our breads turned out delicious and I can't wait to try my own at home. Schedule early! We wanted to take more classes but everything was sold out! Unique experience and well worth it!

LaCuisineParis, Owner at La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Bonjour Stephanie T
What a pleasure to have three generations of you ladies all in the kitchen together with us! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the time with Diane, and with different levels of experience, you all were able to walk away with something....including your fresh made breads =). A family that bakes together, stays together =)...so keep up the good work, and let us know when you make them at home!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,402)
All reviews
"souffle"
in 23 reviews
"learn how"
in 73 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
in 40 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went to the dinner class from 5 to 8. Our instructor was originally from Texas, he was very helpful and made the dinner/class so much fun! We didn't know anyone else in the class - everyone was very friendly and we all learned at our own pace. We made pistachio creme brûlée as soon as we walked in. We got many tips and felt very French when we left.
I wanted to take the croissant class, but it was full on the day that worked for me.
I highly recommend La Cuisine Paris!

Bonjour 7Alexandra7
Thank you for taking time to share your comments! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the evening here with us. Its always a pleasure to have a lovely group of people together from all over the world. It sounds like you particularly enjoyed the pistachio creme brûlée - we always say that the perfect way to start a meal is with dessert =)....hope you will make it at home!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A great tour of Versailles which is different and takes you away from the crowds. Karen is excellent in her explanation of the history and interweaves the details with a good narrative. This was especially great for me as I am not big on the history side but enjoyed this. I was mostly there for the excellent market and lunch trip.

I would highly recommend.

LaCuisineParis, Owner at La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Bonjour SimonCNZ
Thank you for joining us on our Fit for a King Tour of Versailles! This is one of the newest expereinces we have for those that want to see the 'outside of the French kitchen', and we are very excited about it. It really is the center of where gastronomy started in France, and we are so pleased to have shared it with you!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was given a two class day of cooking at La Cuisine Paris by my wife and kids for Fathers day - and I have to say it was a great gift. I took the croissant class in the morning and the macaron class in the afternoon - both with Chef Diana and they were great! The croissant class was excellent in teaching techniques and process - unfortunately due to time constraints you end up using the dough from a previous class to make your croissants - fortunately the previous class did a great job and they turned out well! The croissants and pain chocolate were delicious both in class and they were well liked when I got them home!
As far as the macaron class goes - macarons have been my own personal waterloo!! Trying to make a swiss meringue without the right equipment is nigh impossible (damn you you tube and googe!!) I went through probably 4 dozen eggs trying to get it right and you know what I needed - it was this class! Chef Diana had us making an italian meringue that was just about effortless and the results were fantastic! The finished product looked and tasted great!
Definitely recommend both classes and my wife and I are planning to come back for one of the market tour and cooking classes!

Bonjour Jim M
We are so pleased that you feel like you can now make Croissants and Macarons!! Both are tricky in their own little way - but we love to hear that you picked up the necessary skills from Diane to be able to master them at home! Dont forget like anything else, practice makes perfect with these things - so keep cooking up a storm over there in London!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My two grandchildren and I thoroughly enjoyed our morning going to the market and cooking lunch together with Chef Eric and a very congenial group of visitors to Paris. We were not sure what to expect, and the young people, especially the grandson (17) were a bit nervous. There was much to do and learn, and Eric was patient and encouraging. Everyone was made to feel part of the "team" , and the results were delicious! I have made the fish wrapped in paper and steamed with vegetables twice since I came back home. The chocolate mousse(!!) will have to wait a bit until I am together with my granddaughter again. Great instructor, wonderful people, great market experience! Easy to book online. I have found another reason to return to Paris, (as if I needed any.) Merci Beaucoup.

LaCuisineParis, Owner at La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Bonjour Mary S
We are so pleased that you and your grandchildren enjoyed the lunch class with Eric - and we are super happy to know that all of you enjoyed it and took something away, including fond memories! We do beleive the cuisine is best when it is shared, so love to know what all of you felt a part of the team. Keep working with your recipes at home - you might change them up a bit and make your own family recipe - if you do, share it with us!