“Highlight of Our Trip”

La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 183 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: La Cuisine Paris is a cooking school in the centre of Paris offering hands-on cooking classes and food tours in English. Our school is located in the heart of Paris just minutes away from Notre Dame, the Marais, and the famous Hotel de Ville. Our classes are taught in a warm and friendly environment and are small and hands-on - we like everyone to get stuck in! Join us to learn to make beautiful macarons or buttery croissants, or to learn how to use seasonal products inspired by a French Market visit. Or spend time with us outside of the kitchen and indulge your taste buds on a food tour, from our fromage and wine workshop, to our sweet Pastry and Chocolate tour, to our historical tour of the Kings kitchen garden in Versailles, there is something for everyone. Come and join us to learn some tips and secrets so that you can recreate French cuisine in your home kitchen!
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We took the Wednesday market class and had a fabulous time. While touring the Marais district we visited specialty shops and the outdoor market with the unique perspective of seeing it through the eyes of a Parisian chef. When we returned to prepare our finds, we were met with a friendly staff and wonderful glass of wine. We learned some wonderful new cooking techniques and sampled the amazing French food we prepared! It was the perfect meal. I would go back again and again and again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,097)
All reviews
"making macarons"
in 28 reviews
"learn how"
in 69 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed June 11, 2011

Arrived in Paris last Monday for a solo trip - but registered for two classes at La Cuisine Paris before I left California - based on the reviews here. Loved both classes and then registered for a third!
This is my fourth trip to Paris and the cooking classes stand out one of the best experiences. (I also have loved my evening visits to a calm Louvre and this trip I have loved staying out of the metro and walking up top everywhere I can.) I would register for more classes but they are sold out for my remaining few days...
I took the croissant class with Jenni - she is a good listener and patient with answering
basic questions. You WILL be able to do this when you get back home. (Take additional notes on the recipe paper provided.)
I also took the market class with Justin and made a delicious lunch with a fun group that was so educational that I registered for the dinner class that night. Justin is serious about what you learn - he was invested in showing us cooking skills and facts about cooking tools that he could have easily skipped over.
People in my classes came from all over: Singapore, Australia, California, New York City, Tennessee, Toronto, Korea and South Africa.

2  Thank Robin S
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I've taken two cooking classes and I just signed up for two more! This is a marvelous experience that I highly recommend to anyone interested in learning from the BEST in perfectly appointed kitchens. Plus you'll get to devour your wonderful creations in the company of new friends.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Here we had what can only be described as an out-of-this-world experience.
We met Justin at the markets and decided on the menu - and then under his watchful eye and wise advice - selected the ingerdients.
Next is was back to the school to begin the preparation... duck breast, asaparagus and hollandaise sauce, potatoes in a perfect way, and a divine desert.
We all became immerseded in the process, aprons at the ready, sharp knives a go-go - and created a meal that will remain oin our memories for ever.
It would be fair to say that this experince was 'delish', in every way.
We would recommend this 100 times over!
We loved this expoerince - we have raved about it.
Get the picture!

1  Thank 1frog_11
See more reviews
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Wow learned so much. I took a market and cooking class that lasted five hours. There were people from all over the world including a chief. It was so much fun and now I know what to look for when buying cheese, sausage, veggies and more. After we shopped the cooking began and then it was time to eat and drink wine. There was plenty of everything. It was one of the best meals I had in Paris. I've been cooking since I got home. The owners are lovely people and our chief Julie was the absoute best. Julie is so knowlegeable and charming. The business is run very professionally and so clean. This is a must if your going to Paris! Julie if you read this I went back to the market and tried the aged gouda cheese. It was amazing. Thank you

1  Thank Argentum55