“Very comfortable; great location!”

Holiday Inn Paris - Notre Dame
Ranked #412 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Madison, WI
“Very comfortable; great location!”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stayed here 5 nights - 2 nights using reward points, and 3 nights that we paid for. The hotel has been open as a Holiday Inn for 6 months, and they apparently did a complete renovation of whatever was there before, because everything was very modern. For the 2 free nights, we had booked a queen leisure room, but none were available, so we were upgraded to a king executive room. The room was fairly large (for Europe) with air conditioning. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was pretty cool with a large shower that could shoot water from above, straight ahead, or through a removable hose, or any combination of the above (although the drain couldn't keep up with multiple options for very long). Privacy in the bathroom might be an issue for some--There was a huge window between the bedroom area and the shower (with the rest of the bathroom in clear view beyond the shower). There was a shade for this window on the bedroom side where someone using the bathroom had no control. Also the bathroom door was a sliding door made of frosted glass. Stay here with someone you love.
For the 3 paid nights, we were in a room with an Eiffel Tower view. This room was smaller and much more conventional, but still very modern and comfortable. The only negative was a tiny bathroom sink with no counter space. The room had a small balcony with a couple chairs and had a clear view of the Eiffel Tower. We saw an amazing sunset. I would say the view is worth the extra cost.
Hotel breakfast was good, but not worth 19 Euros when there are so many cafes in the area. The lobby area was nice, and the staff was very good. Elevators were very good, which isn't that common for Europe.

1 Thank jcd016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 22, 2010

During our trip to London we took the Eurostar to Paris, booking Tower View rooms at this hotel. From Gare du Nord station, the hotel can easily be reached by the #4 (Purple line) of Paris Metro then a 1 block walk from St Michel station.

The hotel itself is impecibly clean and modern and though I cannot vouch for the standard room, the Tower View rooms are WELL WORTH the added cost. Each room is comfortably equipped and comes with a balcony that is perfect to relax on with a glass of wine while looking out at the city and Eiffel Tower.

Some consider th staff to be standoffish however I found them highly efficient and professional from my experience. Two added bonuses to the hotel are a peaceful lobby level courtyard and a rooftop deck that provides a 360 degree view of Paris.

Location is the biggest asset. As I mentioned previously, it is a short Metro ride from Eurostar. The Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triumph can easily be reached by the C Line (yellow) though due to construction buses were running during our stay. Notre dame Cathedral is a 5 minute walk from the front door ... ok 15 if you stop to take 100 pictures along the way.

The hotel offers a restaurant however dining options are endless in this neighborhood though I would advise to avoid the restaurants that cater to tourists and venture down the narrow streets. My steak at Le Delart St Michel ran the preakness just prior to being served.

Overall our 36 hour experience in Paris was nothing short of harrowing. Torrential thunderstorms drowned us, gangs waited for us to lose grip of our bags and cameras to perform a grab-&-run, bands of beggers followed us like lonesome puppies and the Metro system's electronic pass readers left us trapped in stations too many times to count.

Today we can look back and laugh however we agree that this is only possible because our hotel provided a safe and comfortable environment from an otherwise chaotic trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank PittsburghDavid
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 21, 2010

As a first timer I couldn't have made a better choice!! You are a block from the Seine and a bridge length from Notre Dame. The Metro station St Michel also serves RER B & C for both CDG airport & a trip to Versaille.
St Germaine includes both walkable high-end shopping one way (a far less crowded Louis Vuitton than Champs Elysee) and lower cost shopping (Zara,etc) the other way; also 2 blocks to a Monoprix supermarket). Rooms have a small fridge and their is a small shop next door for drinks and great fruit.
Other posters have shown the absolutely stunning views from the roof deck. That alone is worth the price of the room, which was excellent value. The added bonus, the room has a small balcony for two. Ask for a room on the front side of hotel as I didn't see balconies in the rear.
There are numerous cafes in every direction and you are also steps to the beginnings of the Latin Quarter for less costly meals if that's your choice.
The beds were fantastically firm and pillows great. We slept like babies. While you're in a busy
area, it was surprisingly quiet with the balcony door and windows closed.
Only downside was the bathroom. We had a shower stall only, which is fine, but the room itself is tiny and the modern style of sink leaves no room (or shelving) to hold any of your belongings. Also, I'm a pretty small woman and I actually split my elbow ,whacking it on the shower stall, while trying to dry off. There is literally only enough room to turn around. It was pristine as far as cleaniliness though.
Hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming.
All in all, the location and access to so much so close really helped make our first time to Paris wonderful.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Holiday Inn.

2 Thank flannan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel the last few times I've gone through Paris and it is my favorite. When I went through Paris the last time, the hotel was completely booked and I stayed at a "4" star hotel which was worse than the Holiday Inn. Enough people have talked about the location. It's all true. The staff is pleasant. I arrived at 6am and I was given a room. The first time I stayed, I was upgraded to an executive room, then I stayed in a regular room with a balcony and view of the Eiffel Tower. The rooms are small, but all rooms are small in France. I wouldn't spent weeks in this hotel as there is not a lot of storage space and the wardrobe is small, but then again, you should not be spending all of your time in the hotel room since there is so much to do within close proximity to the hotel! My only complaint is the awkward placement of the window in the bathroom in some rooms. There is a window directly looking into the bathtub. I'm not sure why they placed it there. The rooftop deck is lovely and if you are able to get a room with a balcony, you can sit for hours and sometime between midnight and two am, the Eiffel Tower has a "light show" where it dazzles and dances and you have the perfect view. I did not eat breakfast there as there are so many cafes within 5 minutes where you can sit and have breakfast. The room is clean, the beds have the pillow top comfort that I love and many rooms have the BOSE iPod charger sound system. It was a very pleasant stay. I hope to be able to stay there next time when I go through Paris.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank citoyennea
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I booked this hotel some months ago for 3 nights to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. After a pretty hairy taxi ride from the Gare du nord train station we arrived at the hotel.
I had asked at the time of booking, if we could have a complimentary upgrade due to our anniversary, and sure enough we had been upgraded to an executive room with a balcony and eiffel tower view (room 807) at no extra cost (I will be forever grateful, thank you).
The room was simply fabulous, Large flat screen TV, Bose I pod/phone dock, great shower, Gowns/slippers, Mini bar and even a UK socket!
A French window opened out onto a large balcony with furniture and a stunning view of the city, simply gorgeous - see pics.
My only criticism would be the the bed and duvet, the bed was a little too soft and the duvet far too warm.
Staff were very helpful and spoke perfect english.
Breakfast was excellent with a great selection of hot and cold food.
The location of this hotel is one of the best in Paris, you walk out one way and are immediatley surrounded by bars and cafes, walk another and some of best shops in paris are at your disposal, and the metro is a 2 minute walk away.
We had a great time at this hotel and would highly recommend it to all!

Scotland
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Lovely new hotel in fantastic location, my only gripe would be that the rooms are definitely NOT designed by a woman - very poor lighting making it almost impossible for us girls to put on our make up, no drawer space, very little hanging space and what there was was restricted in length by the in-wardrobe safe (so no good for dresses etc), nowhere to put your toiletries in the bathroom, either by the sink or when having a shower. Can't comment on value for money as this was a couple of reward nights through Priority Club. Avoid the very touristy area near the hotel, turn right when leaving reception and head down that direction, much nicer. Would return if we could get a good deal but definitely wouldn't pay the full whack for the room that we had. Oh, one major plus point - fabulous roof terrace with 360 deg view of Paris, surprisingly better during the day than at night. Had a problem with our booking prior to arriving in Paris, however the hotel fixed it very quickly to our satisfaction with no problem. Quiet hotel at night, taking into consideration the central location.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Notre Dame for two nights in late August 2010. The hotel is still quite new and my cab driver had never heard of it. But we headed for Rue Danton and you couldnt miss it. It is in a perfect location, with the Latin Quarter within 2 minutes walk on your left and the Notre Dame Cathedral straight ahead. At check in I was not greeted as Priority Club Member however was upgraded from the Leisure Class Room to the Eiffel Tower View Room on the 7th Floor. I have to say this was much appreciated after a whole day of travelling and the view was just stunning (especially since I arrived around 8pm and it was dusk and the Tower was all lit up!) I did not ask for the upgrade and it was a lovely suprise and was great to see the standard of those rooms as that is definetly the room type I would pick on my next stay as the view and the balcony is so worth it!

The bed is amazing and there is even a pillow menu for you to choose what type of pillow you would like! A flat screen tv but all channels are in french. The bathroom is small and compact but its fine and I think small hotel rooms are quite the norm in Paris. The decor of the room was lovely too.

I would definetly recomend this hotel to others, particularly if it is your first visit to Paris like myself. I found it very easy to find my way around Paris from here (St Michel tube stop is just at your doorstep) and the girls at reception were more than happy to point out places of interest on my map.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo