“A quaint and pleasant place to eat” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Maison Rose
Ranked #7,946 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Description: A cozy little restaurant on the Monte Martre hill, slightly outside the main square, quiet and worth spending a lunch.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A quaint and pleasant place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just a street or two away from the bustle the top of Montmartre is this little cafe. My family and I ate there for an evening meal and whilst not cheap, we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, whilst watching the other tourists outside (apparently it was the home of some famous painter!) We had the taglietelle withe duck, the Chicken in Tarragon sauce and the Spaghetti Bolognese. All very good and my daughter raved about the chicken dish. For sweet, we had crepes, chocolate mousse ( a little grainy) and the creme caramel (very very nice). The only downside was that I paid a euro extra for Chantilly cream for my daughter's crepe and it was squirty cream from a can. Come on guys...you can do better than that. It would have been 5 points not 4! Watch out for the drinks as they are not cheap and that is what pushed us over 100 euros for the four of us. So, not cheap but a very pleasant meal in a pretty cottage type cafe.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Peter G

• Turkish first
Sacramento, California
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Even though I put that I visited in April 2012 (no other choice) it has been almost 10 years since I was in Monmarte but I remember La Maison Rose well. It was a quaint small cafe that had the best French Onion Soup. It sounds as if nothing has changed. I highly recommend this cafe.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank msaardvark
“Off the beaten track in Montmartre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Found this picturesque restaurant whilst walking the back streets of lovely Montmartre. We would have had the very good value set menu at 18 euros, but just did not have the time to spend. My husband had a jambon omelette and I had the caesar salad. Accompanying this we both had a glass of wine each. The food was delicious. The omelette was a substantial size and perfectly cooked with very tasty ham inside. My salad was heavenly. Loads of chicken, haricots vert, tomatoes, salad leaves, croutons, with a stunning french dressing - both dishes mopped up with bread. We sat outside in the February sunshine, watching the world go by. It is down a side street and away from the main drag, but worth just walking another hundred yards for. There are tables inside also. Lovely couple who seem to run it, both charming.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sheruns
“Lovely little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We stopped off here during a walk around the Montmartre area on our way to the Sacre Coeur. Surrounded by tiny winding roads and little stalls selling bread, cheese, meat and fruit, the whole area was very interesting and well worth a visit. My partner and I enjoyed an omelette each, cooked nicely and served with fresh salad. My favourite part was the crepe au Nutella afterwards! Staff were friendly and spoke good English, and prices were not too bad either. Overall a lovely place to stop for lunch.

1 Thank LieutenantDW
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Capture the essence of Montmartre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

A lovely little cafe tucked in the ground floor and conveniently located by the museum, yet off the beaten path for most tourists who don't want to do a lot of walking. Helped rewarm us after tromping around on a wintry day.

Visited December 2012