“Best vegetarian food in Paris”
Review of Rose Bakery

Rose Bakery
Ranked #175 of 289 Bakeries in Paris
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Normandy
“Best vegetarian food in Paris”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I only bought a takeaway, but the food itself was wonderful. Cannot therefore comment on the cafe itself, but it looked fine.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Go-to-nesle

• Korean first
Cape Town
“All good things must come to an end”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I've been going to rose bakery since it opened or thereabout.

Every trip I do to Paris I try to eat a brunch or a salad there. Unfortunately the last few times have been less good.
The food has become more patchy hit and miss kind of thing. And the service has gone from patchy to quite unpleasant.
It used to be that you found nice young expats doing work there and that you could have a nice chat. Last time I went, I still found young expat. But I had the distinct feeling that they had already braced for a very tough day and that they were trying to rotate you as fast as possible so that you could get out and they could get through.

The customers also have changed. From people lazy taking a very nice plate of homemade vegetable to people that have read about it in a tourist guide and are trying to stuff this in today's busy day.
I guess the food became more patchy when they started to have many many of their cafés around. It is always a very difficult task to balance the home made feeling with volume production.

Well we're glad new places have opened.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Cute place, delicious food”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Got a tip about this place and was not disappointed. It was quite crowded, but I managed to get a table for lunch. The staff is very friendly and will answer your questions about the menu gladly. They speak English very well. I liked the way the place looks, with a lot of the menu choices on display behind the glass counter, planks with bottles of oil and packs of sugar above the table and an open kitchen. I ordered a tarte salée (a quiche) with salmon that comes with two different salads which was all very good. I love how everywhere in France you get a bottle of (tap) water, complementary. When I left, someone was very disappointed the carrot cake was not available anymore, so if you want to have a choice, go early. Would definitely visit again.

• Visited August 2013
Paris, France
“It's a piece of cake...”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We are Paris residents, but visiting friends are gluten-free, and wanted to go to Rose Bakery, so we did. I wouldn't do it again.

The service is hyper-chaotic - and this is saying a lot, for Paris. There are people in line waiting for tables, those waiting for just a slice of cake to go, it's all mixed up...and nobody seems to care. We waited 20 minutes for one of the 3 people behind the counter to acknowledge us.

Hoping the cakes would be worth it...but they weren't. Cake au citron (gluten-free), and cake au citron (regular) were indistinguishable, except for the glaze on top. Neither had much flavor. The cake aux cerises (regular) was pretty, but didn't taste like much, either. At 2:30PM, there was almost nothing left to buy, so our gluten-free friends were disappointed. For 15 EU for 3 slices of cake, we had hoped for a better experience. We tried other gluten-free places around town, and were happier: Helmut Newcake, NoGlu, Cafe Pinson. Too bad - we had been looking forward to the goodies we had heard about here...

PS - for those hardy souls wishing to dine in, be aware there is no air-conditioning, and only a scant breeze finds it's way through the small front door. It was hot as Hades in there!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank pattyinparis
Sydney, Australia
“Food good; service hit & miss”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stumbled on the Rose Bakery II during a week long stay in Paris when buying freshly baked goods to have back at our appartment. First visit - purchased scones & lemon poppy seed cupcake/muffin. The lemon & poppy seed cupcakes very nice, the scones ok. Served promptly & quickly on my way.

After the first experience I thought it would be a good place for brunch -wrong. The table service was appaling & 15 mins & no acknowledgement we asked a waitress for assistance, unfortunately the best she could do was tell us that her colleague would be with us shortly. Bemusing given the number of staff onsite. Our patience lasted another 10 min before we decided to leave -dissapointed. Acknowledging customers even to say it will be a wait of x before I can take your order could have helped...

• Visited June 2013