“A friend's home in Paris”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Manoir de Beauregard
Ranked #4 of 132 Paris B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A friend's home in Paris”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a three night stay at Manoir de Beauregard. We booked this delightful accommodation, formerly a hunting lodge, based on previous TripAdvisor comments and were not disappointed. Madame Marie-Rose Girard is a charming and attentive host who takes great care in making sure that each guest feels that they are staying in a friend’s home in Paris. When we first arrived around 8 o’clock in the evening she greeted us with the offer of an aperitif and some nibbles while she told us (in excellent English) about our room, the house and the neighbourhood. We had taken a taxi from Charles de Gaulle airport - the metered cost was almost exactly 50 euros. Breakfast is served at a communal table hosted by Marie-Rose and we enjoyed both the interesting conversation and the delicious food – freshly-squeezed orange juice, the legendary hot chocolate and French toast, fruit compote with yogurt, together with a selection of baked goods including a variety of home-made cakes and jams: the artisan-made butter and cheese had a wonderful flavour that mass-produced versions cannot achieve. We stayed in two different rooms – the Garden Room and the Chinese Blue Room - both quiet, beautifully furnished and very comfortable. Therese, the housekeeper, ensures that everything in the house is kept in tip-top condition. Central Paris can be reached quickly - the Manoir is within a short walk of at least two Metro stations – Place de Fetes where there is an excellent market and Botzaris near which there is a very pleasant park. We had an evening flight home, and near the Metro station at Place de Fetes we caught the No. 48 bus which took us to Gare du Nord where we used the excellent left luggage facilities so that we could enjoy the day in Paris before returning to take the RER train to the airport. There are several nearby restaurants but we liked Le Zephyr, recommended by Marie-Rose, which is about a fifteen minute walk. It is in a completely un-touristy neighbourhood, very French and serves good food at an affordable price.

We warmly recommend the whole experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Seattle
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A lot of planning went into our family retreat to Paris. Where to stay, as part of the overall experience, was of key importance to me as I researched to design a great get-away for our family of three including our 11 year old daughter. Our first time in Paris, with the exception of a business trip for me years ago, this was all about discovery and adventure. I couldn't be more pleased with Manoir de Beauregard and the most hospitable couple we met, Mary-Rose & Georges. The Girards welcomed us into their home and exceeded every expectation. The home is exquisite and has been in Mary Rose's family for generations. We stayed in the blue room...one room for my husband and I and a connecting room for our daughter. We loved it. She loved it. Breakfast each morning at the time of our request was complete with fresh baked croissants, breads, and cakes. Preserves made from the fruit trees of Mary Rose and Georges country house. Hot chocolate made from melted chocolate and fresh milk, fresh squeezed orange juice, lovely french toast and omelettes added in to the options. Everything served in a beautiful dining room set with linen and china and lovely antiques. I can't even describe how grateful I am for this experience for my family. Travel, for us, is about meeting people and discovering cultures and learning perspective. We thoroughly enjoyed being guests in this home and my daughter will have a memory of a lifetime for her first exposure to France. We learned quickly how to navigate the metro. Easy, just follow Georges directions, and learn the map. It all comes together. Quickly and with little effort we knew how to get anywhere in Paris. Upon returning every evening, we had a comfortable place to rest and recap our days. Rooms are quiet, beds are comfortable, black-out shades make for a perfect rest. There is a supermarket nearby and a smaller market too. An open-air market three blocks away happens three times weekly. 'Santa Monica' was an easy restaurant choice for us in walking distance (at Place des fetes) with pizza, pasta, salads, etc. Half of our time was spent exploring Paris on our own, but we also took private tours (home and garden of Claude Monet in Giverny, Versailles, etc) on four days plus a trip to Disneyland on one full day. Manoir de Beauregard was the perfect 'home base' for our Paris adventure. We are forever grateful to Mary Rose, Georges and Therese' for being our Paris family these past two weeks.

Room Tip: Blue room is fantastic for family of three or four. Upstairs apartment is amazing as well and could...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SFSeattle
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This place is incredible!! Absolutely fantastic trip to Paris and truly wouldn't have been as special without our stay here. My boyfriend booked this B&B as a surprise for my birthday, it was the best birthday yet. On Arrival Mary-Rose and Georges met us with a bottle of wine and we had a few glasses to celebrate, they had also bought me a birthday card and some flowers! How wonderful?! They showed us round and told us about the history of the house then handed over the keys and with a smile said "Treat this as your home!" You are given the keys to the main gate, the house and your bedroom, it truly feels like you are returning home after a long day in Paris and you have your own private quarter of the house.
The location is perfect, literally a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro "Place des fetes" and the area is very peaceful to return to after a long day. The house is absolutely beautiful, we stayed in the garden room and when the weather was hot we had the shutters open and sat in the garden, it's so clean, complete with fresh linen and towels everyday. I wanted to take the bed home it is soooo comfy!
The breakfasts are absolutely divine. Croissants, pain au chocolat, fresh bread, fruit and yogurt, cakes freshly baked that morning, the most amazing French toast, omelettes... better than any restaurant!! The table is beautifully laid out with china and silver. There is freshly squeezed orange juice too, one morning my boyfriend asked for another glass of it as it was so yummy, then the next morning Mary-Rose had remembered and placed two glasses in front of him smiling. So thoughtful. You chose what time you would like breakfast and Mary-Rose will have it ready. One morning we got up late (about 11am) after a late night at the Moulin Rouge, and we thought we had missed breakfast so were planning on where to go for lunch, however on exiting our room Mary-Rose came and greeted us and with a smile said "Breakfast is served!"... you would NEVER get that in any hotel!!!!
Every morning Georges draws little maps and writes directions on what metro lines to catch, and Mary-Rose gives excellent tips on sights to see and restaurants to eat at. On our last day my boyfriend lost his metro day ticket and Mary-Rose gave him another for free!! Also our Eurostar train was not until 9pm that evening and Mary-rose let us keep our luggage at the house and when we returned to pick it up around 8pm she let us back into our room to use the bathroom, get changed and freshen up... again, where would you ever get that in any hotel?!
We brought champagne with us which they allowed us to keep in the fridge and when we were ready to drink it they gave us two beautiful champagne glasses! It truly is the "little things" with this hotel that make it so perfect and special, such attention to detail. We felt like King and Queen being waited on hand and foot.
We said goodbye with hugs all round, it felt like we were saying goodbye to family. Such an amazing experience and the other 2 couples we met there couldn't speak of it highly enough. If we return to Paris (which we will!) we will definitely be staying here again!!!
P.s Mary-Rose if your reading this thank you so much for everything. You and your husband are exceptional hosts and we hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gina C
Lowville, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This fabulous home became our "soft place to land" after busy days of exploring Paris. We found the rooms to be gorgeous and immaculate, the breakfasts fabulous (really), and the hostess tremendously warm and caring. She speaks excellent English and gave us great travel advice, restaurant recommendations, and general mothering the whole week we were there. She also gave our daughters french lesson at the breakfast table! It is in a residential area, so there are grocery stores, a debit machine, post office, a laudromat and metro stations very close by. There is also a lovely neighborhood market three days a week to buy fresh food/meat/cheese, etc. It was an unusually cool April, but she kept our heated rooms toasty warm and kept nice linens and down comforters on our beds. We also had plenty of hot water for our showers. Of note, she is planning on offering her third floor as an apartment for short term rentals; lovely rooms with comfortable beds and a nice little kitchen. It is ideal for families who want to cook some of their own meals, easy to do with the stores nearby. (Just don't book it when my family wants to return!!!) Seriously, stay here if you plan on using the metro to get around Paris (very easy to use, just requires walking). We had a fabulous time!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was our fourth stay at the manoir situated in the 19th arrondissement. With our 10 years old daughter we stayed for the first time in the elegant ,nicely decorated and calm suite Sacré-Coeur . We could not imagine a better place to explore neighbouring Belleville or central Paris , easily reachable by metro or bus. Thanks to the helpful advices and good addresses given by Mary-Rose and George you will be sure to find the most interesting places in Paris. Each time we returned to the manoir we felt like visiting old friends and we hope to come back many more times.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I took our 12 year old daughter and her friend to Paris over spring break. I hoped to suprise the girls by staying in a home with Parisian hosts. I must say it was a genius idea. It is the best way to learn about what it is like to live in Paris. Marie Rose and Georges were the perfect hosts. I have fallen in love with them and will always claim them as family! I though about them everyday since our return and are tenatively planning a return trip for the summer. You are staying with them in their home and they go to all extremes to make you feel very welcomed and as comfortable as possible. There were many days that we did not leave the house until after 1 or 2 because it was so nice to be in a home and I wanted to spend time with them more than see the sites. They however were probably ready to send me on my way :-D The rooms were very large and had everything we needed (including blackout shutters that came down with the push of a remote button). There was wifi, hair dyer, very confortable bed, everything we needed! Mary Rose is doing fantastic speaking english. My french was far more rusty that I had thought. Georges can write and read very well in English and will write you directions to go where ever you wish to go. Teresa is so animated and sweet though there was a language barrier.
They are located at the place de fetes subway station. It is approx a 5 min walk if you do not stop. The subway station in Paris is (in my opinion) the easiest to navigate. They are color coded and marked with a number or letter. With two 12 years old we never took a taxi except from the airport to the home and back to the airport. I wish the last taxi trip we had taken the subway as the roads were closed due to snow and after over a 2 hour drive we made it to the airport 45 minutes before our international take off. They were not happy with us and we almost missed our flight. Mary Rose and Georges live less than or roughly 30 minutes from the airport without traffic.
Overall, I will NEVER stay anywhere else as long as they are accepting guests. They are not walking distance from the eiffel tower but I did not want to be walking distance. I wanted to be in a Paris neighborhood and embrace the culture as much as possible.
The morning breakfast were filled with pastries and jam and fresh breads. The fresh orange juice squeezed right in front of you was the best ever! I cannot say enough things about these wonderful people. I truly love them and they will always have a place in my heart. I think you are selling yourself short to not stay with this lovely family on your visit to Paris.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kelerica
Woodstock, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2013

There is no way to describe the ambiance of Manoir de Beauregard without imagining yourself back two centuries in a splendid home with elegant cloth wallpaper, a surfeit of beautiful flowers and period furniture -- together with all of the modern conveniences, the graciousness of Marie-Rose and Georges, and magnificent breakfasts including home-made jams and pastries and real hot chocolate. The Manoir is indeed not in central Paris. As Marie-Rose and Georges explained, the 19th arrondissement only became part of Paris a century or so ago. But it is an easy Metro ride away from all of the popular sights in Paris. We explored restaurants nearby where food was wonderful and tourists were few.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple