“Extremely good”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
London, United Kingdom
“Extremely good”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This place was absolutely heaving, and we only squeezed ourselves in for a quick beer. But there was a friendly, fun atmosphere so we stayed for a second...and then ate. The steak was absolutely outstanding, as good as any I've had, and my girlfriend's meal was just as good.

The crowd are mostly Parisian after-work 30-something boozers, which is basically us too, but I did feel that would put some people off. Don't let it. It's a really great place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mailliw82

San Francisco, California
“Exactly what I wanted.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

After touring the nearby Musee Nissim De Camondo, I wanted a substantial lunch salad in a classic local cafe.
There were 3 such places at this busy intersection, all bustling and inviting.
We viewed the clientele and the menus, I found my salad, and thus chose Cafe Monceau.
It was full of locals, and after a brief wait for a table to clear, we were seated, the only Americans in sight! That alone was noteworthy.
My superior salad was topped with Canadian bacon, aubergine and enough feta cheese to open a fromagerie. My wife's chicken club sandwich was equally substantial, and quite tasty.
The clatter of a busy espresso machine, the hustling waiters carrying desserts to the businessmen meeting upstairs, and our very pleasant & accommodating server all added up to exactly the experience I wanted.
Dishes at nearby tables all looked terrific.
Despite being the only tourists in the room, we felt welcome and at home, and I definitely recommend Cafe Monceau.

• Visited May 2013
Virginia
“Comfort”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Warm and comfortable interior with excellent food.
They had a good price fixed menu choice including excellent fish and reasonable wine.

Visited October 2012