“Highly recommended!”

Small-Group Paris Bastille District Pub Crawl
Ranked #1 of 445 Nightlife in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Free Tour meets daily at 11:00 and 13:00 in front of the fountain at Place Saint-Michel in the Latin Quarter. This famous 3.5-hour walking tour covers all the main historic sites of central Paris. Their unique style of combining history with entertainment has made them the most talked about tour company in Europe.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We spent six days in Paris and did our free walking tour with Daniel, right at the beginning of our stay. It was fantastic! We are a family of four (children aged 11 and 9), and were travelling with a family of three, who also joined us on the tour. We all loved it. Young and old! Our tour took three hours, and we felt it just flew by! Daniel's love for Paris, his knowledge of history, humour, and ability to put things in layman's terms made our tour very enjoyable. We will definitely do other Sandeman's tours in future vacations, if available. (FYI, they do ask for a donation after the tour is complete, if you feel it deserves one......)

There are newer reviews for SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My sister and I first took the free tour with Adam and we had an amazing experience. It was a good overview of the city, and our guide was really funny and was able to tell us Paris's history in a really interesting way I definitely learned a lot. It was very insightful. The tour was not too long nor too short, and afterwards our guide gave us advice on where to go after to eat (which we followed) and wanted to say thanks!

We liked that tour so much we bought tickets for both the Versailles tour and the Montmarte tour. Danielle (our guide for Versailles) and Onno (Montmarte) proved to be both just as excellent. I enjoyed every tour with this company and highly recommend it to any family or student! I definitely would not have gotten as much out if Paris if I had just decided to visit these places on my own.

So thanks Sandeman!! I'll definitely be using your company again!!

ps- this tip is for the ladies: but our tour guides were not only funny but attractive as well!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were fortunate enough to get a tour with Onno. His knowledge and quick wit are superb, and help to make a really long walk enjoyable or even exciting. The sights are amazing thanks to the French, but this tour was superb because of our guide. I would say amazing, for the price, but in this case I would have paid for the tour and tipped the guide well. AWESOME.

1  Thank Addyzdaddy
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We took the free tour with Onno and it was the highlight of our trip to Paris. We got a real feel for Paris and only regret that we didn't have more time to explore all we learnt from Onno.
Onno put a real human face on the sites he showed us and I would recommend this tour as the best way to start a trip to Paris.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just came back from a long weekend in Paris. One of the thing we did (unfortunately) was to take the SANDEMANs New Europe Free Paris Tour. This was a huge mistake and a total waste of time.
Let me be clear, we have been to many different very successful free walking tours in Europe (the best ones were in Berlin and Barcelona) but this tour was defiantly the worst we've been to.
The guide of tour was very nice and welcoming but had ZERO knowledge about Paris and its history (didn't know anything about art, culture, etc).
The tour was basically walking from point to point showing you where the Louvre is, where is the Notre Dame and where is the old city etc. it felt like the guide was reading from the lonely planet tour guide (the lonely is much better…).
I think this tour is suitable only for those who came to spend weeks over weeks in Paris and know nothing on the city or just want to kill some time. I really think that even just walking around and getting lost in the streets of Paris will be much more enjoyable than wasting your time with this tour.
The only thing the guide did all the time was to try and sell different guided tours for his company (Louvre tour, Versailles tour, night tour, etc).
I urge you to spear your time on better things in Paris and to avoid this free tour (your time worth much more!)

1  Thank Jacob S
Alex_P_SNE, Manager at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Jacob S,

Thanks for your review. As the operations manager for SANDEMANs NEW Paris Tours, I'm disappointed to read how bad your experience was. One important thing of leaving feedback is having the opportunity to interact and give us the chance to improve whatever you think that we did wrong or that we need to improve on.

I tried contacting you several times and unfortunately got no response whatsoever. As you can see, from the 1839 reviews we have on Trip Advisor, 97.49% of them are considered possitive reviews. One hundred and fifty thousand travellers per year can't be wrong about their free walking tour choice. We encourage you to be open to interaction next time you post a response.

Kind regards,