“Family Trip February 2013”

ibis budget Paris Porte de Montmartre
Ranked #1,641 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am an extremely fussy traveller and before I booked this hotel I did lots of research. We were on a budget as we had 6 people (2 adults and 4 teenagers) to accommodate. The hotel was very adequate for our needs. The rooms were clean, warm and perfect for a couple of nights. We did not, however, like the area very much but as my husband was with us we felt very safe. I would not have felt comfortable being on my own with just the children. Having said that we did not experience any issues outside the hotel. Overall a very pleasant stay with absolutely no complaints.

Room Tip: We stayed in triple Rooms 315 & 317 which faced the peripherique but it wasn;t very noisy. Car...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here as a part of our Contiki tour. So be prepared to have groups of 18-35yr olds coming and going.. Wasn't as bad as i was expecting. Rooms were good size. Just note the shower is basically a frosted glass door. One of my friends was given a key for a room people were already in :\ bad mistake by staff. Location is not the best, wouldn't feel safe here alone, lucky i had the group. Would definitely look at other places to stay in better location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a budget hotel and clearly so. The product almost conforms to the price paid in most aspects however there are some things that are not acceptable. I checked in late in the evening and the room was very cold - 10C. So I switched on the electric heater - which I though looked a little small. I went out returned to the hotel quite late yet the roonm was still cold. The bed clothes were light - a sheet and a light blanket. No extra rugs available. Too cold to sleep - I dressed again, and returned to bed using my coat as a blanket... In the morning the room was a somewhat warmer (about 14C). The towels in the bathroom are light, non-aborbant.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Patrick_France55
Reviewed January 18, 2013

It's just one of billion "factory like" hotels without a slightest touch of individual approach to guest, where everything is the same and the machinery is working.

The room was quite nice. However I felt there a bit like in a space shuttle, especially in the bathroom department. I call it department, because it was not a separate room, but somehow a part of the room.

The receptionist was terrible! Worst experience in my life. She did not speak any english. I have never seen such a rudeness, non-willingness to help, visible disgust from every question I asked. The PR manager was probably at the vacation when they accepted this woman.

The hotel parking was terrible, smelly, humid and extremely expensive.

To sum up, I would not go there again and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recommend this hotel for a one night stay only. The rooms are very small which I understand is the norm in Paris but there are many other issues with the hotel that make it a less than desirable for more than one night.

The underground parking garage is expensive and had a horrendous odor of sewer. The hotel location is in a questionable neighborhood. I would not have felt comfortable walking to the metro if my male cousin was not with us (I made a side trip to Paris with my cousins while visiting my family in Germany). I don't recommend this location for a group of ladies only.

The front desk was not very polite and I would go as far as to say they were somewhat condescending. For full disclosure purposes, I used to work in the hotel industry as a customer service manager; I expect more from the front desk staff.

The rooms are very small but that is standard for Paris. The rooms are fine if you only plan to sleep in the room or if you only need it for one night. There is very little room to move about. I didn't care much for the shower. It was very cramped and the mood lighting serves no real purpose. The beds were comfortable and I slept peacefully. The window was broken and would not open. We had to get a special "tool" from the front desk in order to get it opened. We were told to return it promptly so other guests could have use of it. Not a good sign. The elevators are extremely small and I did not see a stairwell to walk up to the rooms.

There is a breakfast included in the rate. It was nothing special but was sufficient to get us fueled for the day ahead of us. It consisted of yogurts, pastries, coffee, juice, and cereal.

The hotel is not bad considering the rates but I don't think I would stay there again. I would rather spend a little extra money stay somewhere else. It has the feel of a hostel rather than a hotel. But, you do get what you pay for and if you don't intend to use the room for anything other than sleeping and have a male with you, it isn't as bad deal.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lormae
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel is located on the North west side of Paris just near the Periferique. Parking garage is right under the hotel. Metro station Porte de St. Ouen is less than 10 mins. walk from the hotel and give you quick access to down town Paris.

If you stay for one two days (weekend) it's just okay to stay here. Room is suffcient for 2-3 adults plus one or two small children.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family