“Back street heaven”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My vegetarian sister book us eight a table last Sunday night. Hidden down a charming backstreet near St Germain it is full of convivial atmosphere and stylishly modern at the same time. Our charming Tri lingual waitress from the restaurants of Lake Como treated us like family. I went for a classic Carpaccio spoilt only by the ravings of those who ordered The Mezza. Now hungry for truffle I had a delicious Tartufata di parma only to have to argue which of us had ordered the best main course, they were all great. Only one of us could manage a dessert and that Panna Cotta was perfect and so big, a top chef among us said they had cheated to get the perfect texture by making it wider rather than taller. It didn't stop her stealing it from the rightful owner.
They wine were unfamiliar to me but a lovely discovery as both our whit and red were classy and tasty. Including wine we spent an enjoyable £50/head.
Not surprisingly we recognised some faces from the previous night at the Cafe de Flore

Reviewed February 10, 2013

After a chaotic week in our Paris office eating nothing much more than leftover croissants I was ready for a little glamour. On my last night in Paris before flying to India for 10 days, I wanted a great meal with a side order of ambiance and I found it

La Bocca Della Verita is hidden away down a tiny, narrow cobblestone street in a picturesque neighborhood. The restaurant was crowded but my concierge managed to secure a charming table (thank you Sheraton CDG - most convenient airport hotel)

The wine list was more than adequate but less than intimidating, which I always appreciate. That night my dinner companion was someone who only enjoys red wine. Due to allergies, I only drink white. We both found plenty of options by the glass or split

We started with bruschetta and crisp fresh salads with a lemony type of dressing that was perfect but not overdone. We are both veal fans. I had Milanese which was tenderly perfectly cooked and accompanied by the sublime pasta ala olio that few other than my mom or aunts can make well. My friend had veal saltimbocca. By the time I had my wits about me to ask for a sample his plate was empty!

He indulged in a chocolate bombe for dessert accompanied by fresh cream and old Scotch. Again - gone in a flash. I am a big custard fan - from the flan at Canyon Cafe in Houston to frozen custards the world over. I enjoyed panne cotta here that was delicately flavored and perfectly molded, then garnished with raspberries. A great ending to a wonderful dinner

When we exited and walked a few blocks to find a cab, the fog was starting to fill the streets and the lights of restaurants, clubs and street lamps cast a surreal glow over everything. Soon we were speeding toward the airport and got one last look at the twinkling Eiffel Tower. Indeed, the perfect Saturday night in Paris

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Excellent food, wine and atmosphere. Great value for money and fantastic service - very knowledgeable about the menu and winelist and couldn't do enough for us. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visit this Italian restaurant for a lunch on Saturday at 13h, We were 3 adults + a baby of 2 months. I had mentioned this when I made the reservation, and they were so friendly to make space for the stroller.
The restaurant was full, and at first, the 2 waiters could not follow, so we had to wait for 20min before we could order our aperitif. But that young staff is very friendly and helpful.
The menu was very good: we could choose between all the antipasti. I saw a lot of burrata, what is not so common in an ordinary Italian, and truffle on the menu, for a reasonable price.
The prices of the mains was on the high side (30-35€), but very good of quality and taste. Overall, this was a great experience.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Staff very friendly. Managed to get me a table late at night even without reservation. Food perhaps a bit overrated (?), although well above average. The saltimboca was excellent! Small and cosy. Absolutely worth the money.