“Booked five nights and checked out on two..”

Maison Nabis by HappyCulture
Ranked #268 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 19, 2013

First time in Paris and booked the hotel for five nights. Flew to CDG and spent around $50 euro for cab to the hotel. Good things about the hotel-free internet and breakfast, friendly staff, location is OK, quiet area. Problems-inconsistent water temperature issue ( hotel confirmed issue-hot-cold-hot-cold), then toilet issue -toilet tissues ( and everything else-you know what) doesn't flush down..had to try few times and finally fed up and spoke to manager and she acknowledged the "building" issue and "agreed" to let me check out by 12pm.

The manager was very cold and has no sense of the room's issue or customer services, she is more interested in reselling the room then accomenate another customer from a foreign country, very disappointed. It was 10:30 am when I spoke to her and she "insisted" that I checked out by 12pm. i had to rush to find a hotel and move. I ended up moving to a better hotel-which is in sa better area and everything works! (yay!)-somewhere that I can finally enjoy my vacation and not worry about toilet.

Other than the manager, the staff are very nice and helpful, at least they tried to resolve the issues. As a foreign tourist, we spend lots of money and fly long way to Paris, I would not suggest this hotel to anyone...unless you are really lucky! Take your own chance.

Room Tip: do not stay 42 or 52!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Directeur_Clarion, Directeur général at Maison Nabis by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Madam,

I thank you for your message and your nice comments about the location, the staff and the services of our hotel.

I am a little bit confused with your comments about the maintenance.
Indeed, we have made you try two different rooms and each time, you found technical problems in them. When my housekeeper and myself came to check and fix the failures, we could never see what was the problem you saw.
That is why I let you reduce your stay, as I did know how I could satisfy you. I thought you understood that as there were no works to make in the rooms, I had to resell them for the same night. That is why I asked you to check out like a regular guest. We also offered you to keep your luggage in the luggage room, to use our Internet corner to find a hotel a to negociate a special offer in the other 4 stras hotel of the area. Once again, I could not satisfy your needs and I am really sorry about that.

Be sure that our main purpose is to make our guests happy and feel like home.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights with my boyfriend on our recent trip to paris.
Small but welcoming hotel.
Our room (24) was big for Paris, had a huge bed, double wardrobe and a balcony (nice touch)!
The room was impeccably clean and the cleaner came in everyday.
The breakfast was a nice addition...although we only ate here twice, the dining room is small but wasn't overly busy.
We didn't eat the dinner, but there was a spread of pasta, cous cous, cheeses and cold meats.
The free mini bar was a nice touch - especially after plenty of walking!
you're given a free welcome glass of champagne, one glass between the two of us, but it was still a nice touch.
The hotels location is great - no more than an hours walk to all the main attractions - we didn't get the metro once! although the bars in restaurants in close proximity closed early, so if you're looking for lively, you may have to walk a bit.
Reception staff were very helpful and booked our trip to disneyland and our taxi to the airport - the less things for us to worry about the better!
If we ever return to paris we would stay here again, very happy guests :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A1210
Directeur_Clarion, Directeur général at Maison Nabis by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guests,

I warmly thank you for your nice message.

I am really glad to hear that you liked our hotel, its ideal location and all our free services. Thank you for taking the time to make this full description of you stay. It will be very helpful for Tripadvisor's users.

All the staff is very happy to know that they could satisfy your needs. It is very important for us to make our guests feel like home.

We are looking forward the pleasure to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2012

arrived for a 2 night stay to find they had overbooked and put us into a hotel next door,
not happy but the hotel next door was ok and they upgraded us into a lovely room the next night which was lovely, great breakfast and the hotel is ideally located for the metro and also quite lively for a drink and restaurants nearby, so overall, if you get into the hotel you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: the upgraded rooms are great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Directeur_Clarion, Directeur général at Maison Nabis by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Mister, Dear Madam,

First of all, I would like to apologize for having relocated you in another hotel. I is very unusual for us to have those kinds of problems. That is very kind of you to understand so easily. I am really happy to hear that you liked the hotel we chose for you.

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment on our hotel. It is nice to hear that you liked your room and the area.

We are looking forward the pleasure to welcoming you in our hotel.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me and my boyfriend have just got back from a stay at the Clarion and were very impressed. On arrival we were upgraded to a deluxe room which was a lovely surprise - The room was clean spacious and very modern. The only fault I would say was the shower (it wasnt very powerfull or hot)

Breakfast was good - very small - but has everything you need to keep you going till lunch.

Staff were very helpfull - booking us restaurants and taxis.

The hotel is just around the corner from the moulin rouge and 15/20 minute walk to Sacre Couer. 30 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower. We used the metro one day which was handy as Liege metro is 2 minutes from the hotel

Overall very happy and would reccommend,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte G
Directeur_Clarion, Directeur général at Maison Nabis by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, we want to thank you for having taken time to write us.

It is a pleasure for us to see that you liked the location of the hotel, in the heart of Paris. We are also pleased to know that you liked your room and our services.

We apologize for the loss of pressure you have noticed. Indeed, we have had a little engine problem at the begining of the month, which is now solved.

In the name of all the staff, we hope to receive you again in a next stay in Paris.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel itself was disappointing but the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The rooms were very small, even by European standards and the rooms were in disrepair. We had some damage to the walls and furniture which just made the room look run down. The bathroom had a very high bathtub which made it hard to enter and there was no door/curtain so it was hard not to get water all over. They offered free wifi and breakfast both of which were not great. They also offer a courtesy mini bar that they said they stock every 3 days but they forgot ours. My biggest issue was that although we were on a non smoking floor, I got woken up on 3 occasions due to cigarette smoke.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alilogo
Directeur_Clarion, Directeur général at Maison Nabis by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Mister, Dear Madam,

I thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience in our hotel.

I am really sorry that you were disturbed by cigaret smoke.
Indeed, smoking in our hotel is forbidden and this rule is written on each door. You shouldn't have met this inconvenience.

I apologize for not having satisfied your expectations. We make a point to have clean and comfortable rooms. It would be very usefull if you could tell us in which room you were so that we can check better to fix the damages you are describing.

I will tell the staff about your nice message. They make their best to make our guests feel like home.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you another time in our hotel. Maybe you will like to visit our larger rooms (Superior and Deluxe ones).

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Not a 4star hotel by any stretch of the imagination. Room very small. Breakfast room extremely small and poorly organised. Very limited selection of food. Dishes washed in sink behind bar at side of breakfast room. Service extremely poor. Overall very disappointing and would not book again or suggest to family and friends.

Room Tip: Don't choose hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Directeur_Clarion, Directeur général at Maison Nabis by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Madam, Dear Mister,

I thank you for the time you took to write your message.

I a really sorry that we couldn't satisfy your expectations.
We have different kind of rooms, from 13 to 20m². If you want to come another time in our hotel, it will be a pleasure to make you a little visit to help you make the best choice.

I apologize ifyou did not find what you were looking for in our breakfast. We try to propose a large choice of fresh products, sweet and salted. Our breakfast room will be renovated soon to offer our guests all the comfort they did.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I chose this place to take my boyfriend away for his birthday for the weekend. Location was excellent, with THREE metro stations within 2/3 minutes walking distance! (FYI your location on the metro map is Place De Clichy). Literally takes about 10 mins to get to the Eiffel tower and once your there you can walk anywhere anyway. It's brilliant.
The hotel in itself is down a nice quiet road with a police station just up from it so you know there is going to be no trouble at all!. Rooms were lovely, bigger than i expected, and CLEAN!!!! Suited with everything you needed, down to a nice refresshing orange in the fridge after a long days walking. The only fault i have for the hotel is the breakfast, one morning i was starving and all to offer was a hard boiled egg, and a croissant. Other than that, the two members of staff i had dealings with, were absolutly brilliant. They spoke excellent English, helped with directions and ordered a taxi for us. They even looked after our bag for the day after we'd checked out. If i was going back to Paris. I'd definately use this hotel again.(But take my own cereal with me!)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Directeur_Clarion, Directeur général at Maison Nabis by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you for having shared such a great review with other travelers.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed location and staff so very much.Your compliments have been transmitted. It is also nice to hear that you liked the room and our All for You offer, with breakfast and minibar inluded.
I remember that I helped you when tou came down after breakfast time. I am really sorry that almost everything was already eaten... I hope that you could have enough to continue visiting Paris !

We all look forward to welcoming you on a next occasion.

Kind regards,