“Best food in Paris!”
Review of Ma Salle a Manger

Ma Salle a Manger
Reserve with
Ma Salle a Manger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #840 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ile de la Cite / Ile Saint-Louis
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Oh wow! I love this restaurant. Not only is the food amazing, but the restaurant itself is charming, and the staff is among the most friendly and fun that I've ever encountered at a restaurant. I have to admit, I ate here three times during my five day stay in Paris because there was so much on the menu I wanted to try. They have the best confit de canard I've ever eaten. The foie gras was delicious, as was the ravioli, beef bourgiuignon, stuffed peppers....really everything! For a great meal of Basque/Southern French food, this is a place not to be missed!

I blogged about it too: http://hungry-games.com/2013/05/03/ma-salle-a-manger-paris-france/

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ate at Ma Salle a Manger last week with my two college aged children last week. we did not reserve so when we showed up, the place was full but we were able to be seated in 15 minutes.
The food is different than your everyday Paris Bistro and they made a lovely vegetarian meal for our daughter.

Prices are very reasonable for that neighborhood, the staff is super friendly and they are happy to make suggestions if you are not familiar with some of the Basque specialties.
We had fish (salmon) and the duck confit as well as a delicious warm camembert with honey, foie gras and a few of the daily specials.
It is a tiny restaurant with tables that are very close to each other so if you are looking for a larger setting with more room, you will not be happy here. Bit if you want to feel as if you have stumbled upon a small jewel I the heart of Paris, try it. We will certainly go back again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This s my favorite restaurant in Paris! The atmosphere is so comfortable and so French. The food is fantastic, I have eaten there several times and make a point of returning each time I'm in Paris. The staff are friendly and fun, at my last visit they were singing long to famous opera tunes. The chef is talented and good natured. We have pent full afternoons in this wonderful restaurant. A must go!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I stumbled across Place Dauphine on one of our last trips to Paris and always thought it looked so idillic and wouldn't it be nice to have lunch here some day. Cut to yesterday we were on the tail end of a French vacation with kids, 2 and 5. We were wandering around Notre Dame and the crowds were ridiculous. We needed a break. So we walked along the river to the point of l'isle de La Cite and tried our luck. We tried a nice looking spot called Rose de France. My wife asked the owner if they had a kids menu and we were given a very rude brush off. We are fluent in french and know how restaurants work here, she was just a _____! So we tried Ma Salle a Manger worried that maybe Place Dauphin wasn't our vibe after all. To our delight the server was wonderful and warm and couldn't be happier to serve us. The food was clean and solid. It's not a michelin star kinda place but it was very good. The kids had a small Basque style lasagne and we had a lovely salad. The kids then played in the park as we drank a lovely rose. The kids desert was the most amazing almond cake. Usually kids get a ball of ice cream. They loved it. We loved it. If you want something really nice in a tranquil Paris oasis give it a try.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I stumbled on this cute place whilst looking for a quick meal before a tour due to commence nearby. We were intrigued by the cosiness of the place and were well looked after by Astrid who helped us by translating the menu so we could choose something different. We both ordered the same meal - a dish of fish and potato wrapped in capsicum and served in a saffron sauce which was incredible.

We were so impressed we decided to have a relaxed dinner the following night and indulged in the baked camembert, duck, beef stew and the unbelievable gateau basque. You will not be disappointed if you come here but try not to be in a rush so you can enjoy it!