“Great Introduction: Paris Along the Seine”

Sight Seeker's Delight Unique Walking Tours
Ranked #4 of 163 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "Edu-tainment" Paris walking tours: education + entertainment in small group tours of all major Paris attractions. Join one of our 6 unique tours to see what everyone is raving about: Paris Along the Seine, Tickle Your Tastebuds Food, Time Travel to Montmartre, Jewish History, Secrets of the Night, or Pere Lachaise tours are available to book today!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Introduction: Paris Along the Seine”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I were in Paris for our honeymoon. We only had four days before we left for Italy. I would strongly recommend this tour, especially for first time visitors. Christopher was an entertaining and informative tour guide. After the tour he gave us a list of restaurants and movies set in Paris. The restaurant list was a life saver! Many of the restaurant reviews on trip advisor more so reflected their willingness to placate to American tourist, versus the restaurant's authenticity or food quality. I will also note that we scheduled a tour in September, which was original tour date prior to our trip being cancelled. Sight Seeker's Delight gave us a full refund along with a kind note hoping we would return soon.

Visited March 2013

Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Entertaining”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked the Paris along the Seine tour with Sighseekers! It was really good and a fun way of exploring the city. I can't praise Karen enough, she knows her stuff. Her bubbly personality was just infectious! We also stopped for a really yummy lunch along the way. Def worth doing so just book it!

Visited March 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A review of 2 tours”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went on 2 walking tours.

The Jewish Tour of Marais was very basic and there were a number of inaccuracies. I would certainly not recommend it.

The Along the Seine tour with Lousie, on the other hand, was very good. It interwove the history of Paris with the sites along the walk.

The company is professional and well run and the cost is very reasonable.

One of the disadvantages is that the guides were not French themselves and so we didn't feel like we were getting much of an insiders' view.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank DaveSas
Karen R, Owner at Sight Seeker's Delight Unique Walking Tours, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hi David,

I am so glad that I was able to provide you with the research behind the historical information on the tour through email! I hope that the articles and sources I sent you have put your mind at ease about the tour's accuracy. As I say at the beginning of my tours, though I am not a PhD, all of my tours are intensely researched and fact-checked - the last thing we want to do is spread inaccurate information. I learn a lot from the travelers on each tour, and sometimes I even incorporate their information or personal anecdotes into the tours (for example on the Jewish History tour there are often Rabbis and Holocaust survivors or their families who are gracious enough to share their stories). I also incorporate lots of insider information that I have learned from Parisian friends and family (and just from living here for 15 years), and I truly apologize that one of these stories was misinterpreted as inaccurate when in fact it was only an observation that I have heard and experienced countless times during those 15 years!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to send you my research and explanation through email, and ease your mind. I also appreciate you providing me with a suggestion of new research on Lubavitcher Rebbe that I should incorporate onto the tour; I agree that it will be a nice bonus, even though it is a bit outside of the focus of the tour (Jewish community in Paris).

I truly hope that now you are able to retrospectively enjoy the tour. See you next time!
Vancouver, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“PARIS ALONG THE SEINE TOUR (4 hours)”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We booked the tour online. 40 Euro per person.
Very good introduction in Paris.
We enjoyed listening to the stories while enjoying our walk in Paris.
Very informative tour :)
The tour guide was great, she helped us to take a group photo and sent us back the photo via email as promised! :)

more photos on janyvr.blogspot.ca

Visited September 2012
“Great tour of Jewish Paris”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Karen of Sight Seekers Delight tours conducted a facinating, fun , and funny tour of Jewish Paris. It exceeded our expectations and we look forward to taking one of Sight Seekers other tours on future trips to Paris. J & P Baltimore

Visited April 2013