“Discover Paris with Karen”

Sight Seeker's Delight Unique Walking Tours
Jewish Marais tour with Synagogue visit & Lunch
Ranked #4 of 176 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "Edu-tainment" Paris walking tours: education + entertainment in small group tours of all major Paris attractions. Join one of our 6 unique tours to see what everyone is raving about: Paris Along the Seine, Tickle Your Tastebuds Food, Time Travel to Montmartre, Jewish History, Secrets of the Night, or Pere Lachaise tours are available to book today!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in Paris for the weekend, and decided to do a few tours to enrich our stay. I came across Sight Seeker's delight, and man, were we impressed! Karen greeted us just like we were old friends, and she took genuine care of all of us on the tour. She took the time to get to know each and every one of us, and took pride in her work. She has an excellent knowledge of the City, and talks like a Parisian and gives the city from a Parisian point of view. This was refreshing.

During the tour, Karen points out things that other tour guides just skim over, and she goes into great detail about the smallest of things that turn out to be interesting! It's just great to have a historian and lover of the city touring you around!

For lunch, she took us to an authentic Parisian Café where we had the most delicious éclair au chocolat I have ever tasted!

The tour ended with a big hug from Karen - what else can you ask for!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a wonderful, moving walking tour that blends the broad history of the city as a whole with stories of its Jewish residents past and present. Karen is extremely knowledgeable about all aspects covered and has fostered strong relationships with the local synagogues. As a result, she is able to offer a unique insight into the Jewish community in Paris. She can even secure a table right away in the legendary L'As du Fallafel (though be prepared for some jealous stares from those queued down the street for one of their delicious sandwiches!). Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Well, if you are taking the time to read this review you must be considering signing up for one of the Sight Seeker's Delight tours. Here's my recommendation: don't hesitate, just go for it! Karen made three hours of walking on a bitterly cold January night feel like it passed in mere minutes. She was warm and funny and did a great job of blending historical fact with many of the myths and legends that add colour and intrigue to this fabulous city. Karen and her team have a wealth of knowledge that they are very willing to share. Just make sure to wear your most comfortable shoes!

1  Thank LauraRS
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I were on two walking tours with Karen two week ago. Even though we have stayed in Montmartre before, Karen showed us a Montmartre that we did not know before. We had watched Amelie before, and did not know that some of the scenes were shot in Montmartre, but Karen pointed those out to us. To our surprise we had walked by them countless times without ever knowing about it. Karen is very professional, and her passion for what she does shows. We had a great time, and would not hesitate to take another walking tour with her.

1  Thank Ph0enix_AZ_Travelers
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently took the Montmartre tour with Karen and we had a great time. She is funny, accessible and full of unique stories that really paint a vivid picture of the area we covered. Had we stayed longer in Paris we would have definitely taken another tour with her company. I have not taken many tours in all of the places I have travelled to over the years as many are informative but rather bland. This is not the case here, highly recommended, have fun.

1  Thank D_Solo_13