“Apartment #026 on Ile Saint Louis”
Review of Special Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Special Apartments
Ranked #36 of 177 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was our 2nd trip to Paris & our 2nd stay in this wonderful apartment. We both love Paris so much & I'm sure part of that is because of this apartment & the area it is in. It is absolutely wonderful. Regis & Geraldine are such wonderful, caring people & it was so lovely to finally meet them after all my many & I am sure sometimes annoying emails, nothing is ever a problem to them or too much trouble & all emails are answered so fast & with a very friendly effeciency, I would recommend this company to anyone wishing to stay in Paris we would never use anyone else or stay in any other area, absolutely love it!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy B
SpecialApartments, Owner at Special Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Sandy B,

Wow! What a wonderful review. All we can say is : Thank you!!! We're very happy that you were happy with everything and definitely look forward to having you back next time you come to Paris,

There are newer reviews for Special Apartments

Reviewed July 25, 2012

From the day I e-mailed Regis with my request, communicating with Special Apartments was a pleasure. Everyone is so professional and extremely helpful every step of the way... and based on my experiences with trying to book with other apartment companies in Paris, this was by far is the easiest and logical process I've come across.
I stayed at the apartment for 4 weeks in July and needless to say it very much became home. The apartment was spacious, let's in a beautiful amount of light and is extremely chic. Everything was exactly how it was pictured and having a friend come to stay with me for a week proved that the apartment can easily accommodate two people comfortably.
The apartment is decorated beautifully and it's the small things (like the book case full of coffee table books) that really make it feel like you are home indeed.
The street itself is very cool but I don't recommend it to people who prefer 'elegant Paris', the area is full of character and people from all walks of life (which I personally love because you are far from any touristy spots.. but some might find it a bit too much).
The location in regards to Paris geographically is so fantastic! With the metro just at the end of the street it was so convenient to get everywhere and even close enough to the Seine, the Marais, the Pompidou etc.. that if you feel like a nice walk it is always an option too.
A couple of things to note is that there is no safe in the apartment but since the building/apartment is pretty secure that didn't bother me so much.. The photo of the bedroom shows a storage cupboard that stretches across the whole wall which I was really excited about when I booked so I could hang up all my clothes and not have to access my suitcase at all- but it turned out that all the cupboards were locked for the use of the owners and I only had access to one little section which was a bit of a shame.
Overall though I would HIGHLY recommend the company and especially this apartment to anyone going through Paris, it was an absolute delight!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Itzsem

Dear Itzem,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! I'm so glad you enjoyed the apartment and the area. We've since asked the owners to liberate more storage space in the bedroom, so now there is 60% of the storage space in the bedroom and the chest of drawers in the living room available for guests. Thank you so much for pointing this out!
I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back some time soon,

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Apartment 36, on the Rue de Rivoli directly opposite the Louvre, is small but beautifully appointed and perfectly situated. The apartments are a "special" way to experience Paris - you can live like a Parisian even if it is for a few days only. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohanMoolman

Dear JohanMoolman,

Thank you so much for your review of apartment 36; it's true it's a great location and I'm so glad that you enjoyed experiencing Paris by staying in one of our apartments,
I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back some time soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We have just returned from a 5 day stay in Paris. Apartment #32, on Isle St Louis. My toddler son came with, and the apartment was best suited to our needs. It was clean, spacious, and had all the ammenities that a mother of a young child needs. Special apartments even provided a cot, and basic groceries, to get us settled in, so that we wouldn't have to go looking for food stright away. The location was central, and easily accessible. The apartment is also situated on a quite street with very little vehicle traffic, only padestrians.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank liezel d

Dear Liezel d,

I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at Ref. #032, it's true it'is a wonderful location. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us; it really means a lot to us,
I do hope we have the chance to have you back some time soon,

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed in apartment #026 in April this year. Two years ago we stayed in another Special Apartments apartment, which is no longer listed, with our 17-year-old son. Both times we have been impressed with this company, and would recommend them. The apartments were both as portrayed on the website, the booking procedure was straightforward, and being met at the apartment as we were the first time, or collecting the keys as we did the second time, went according to plan. We found our apartment quaint and comfortable (although the heating was not quite warm enough for us, a comment that John has responded well to and has referred to the owners for rectification). It was on the 7th floor, lift to the 6th, walk up the last flight, and with a view across rooftops. It was wonderfully quiet, but in a great location near shops and restaurants.

We found that staying in an apartment makes the experience of being in Paris so much more relaxing - being able to shop for groceries (at the wonderful fruit, patisseries and cheese shops around Isle de St Louis) and eat in if we felt like it, or just lounge in comfort after a day's sightseeing, enabled us to enjoy Paris in a way that made us feel a little like a local.

We returned to Paris a couple of weeks later before our flight home to Australia, and stayed at a hotel for the night. Both of us felt disappointed and restless in the hotel room. We missed 'our' attic apartment on the Isle de St Louis, and also reflected on what excellent value it had been compared with what we were paying for a small hotel room.

We won't hesitate to use Special Apartments again.

Room Tip: Ask questions if you have any doubts. I found the staff at Special Apartments helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deborah S

Dear Deborah S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us, it really means a lot to us to know that you were happy with your stay. As promised, the building managers have reviewed the heating, so things should be warmer in the colder months.
Of course we'd be absolutely delighted to have you back some time soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My friends and I stayed in Apartment #013 the last week of May and had a great time. The apartment was very true to the photos on the website, with the exception of the wall decorations—but we didn't rent it for the artwork!

The best thing about the apartment was its location on the Quai du Louvre. It was just a few minutes' walk from The Louvre and the Metro, and had a beautiful view of the Pont Neuf.

It was a warm week for Paris with highs in the mid- to upper 70s (°F), and with no A/C and only one fan, we needed to keep the windows open when we were in to get the air circulation going. With the windows open, the noise from the traffic could be loud; with the windows closed, we never heard the traffic.

One thing that could have made our stay a little more convenient would have been a map of the immediate area showing where the grocery stores were. The SA rep who let us into the apartment told us where they were, but having just gotten off a super-long overnight overseas flight, our brains weren't exactly fully engaged.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank grubsneerg

Dear Grubsneerg,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the apartment and its location. I've taken well note of your comments and will ask the owner to consider maybe installing a portable AC unit for the few warm periods that we have here. I'm working on a detailed welcome brochure for the apartments with the kind of infos that you mentioned and we should have that running soon for this apartment. We're also happy to help out guests if they give us a ring during office hours with this sort of info. Thank you so much for your input, we value it dearly,
The pictures of the new artwork on the walls have also been updated on the website since then!
Hoping to welcome you back some day, until then
Warm regards ,

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have just completed a week's stay by myself in Paris. The entire experience I had with Special Apartments was perfect. I rented #32, a studio in on Rue St. Louis en I'lle, and I could not have been more pleased. The place was beautifully furnished, clean and bright.The space is separated into a living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen is modern with a new refrigerator, a freezer,a
3 burner stove, a coffee maker, a pot for hot water and an oven. Everything anyone would need is here. If I had wanted to cook, I might have had a great time with this kitchen, but there were other tasty Paris treats calling my name and I answered. The bed here is very comfortable and there is a pull-out bed in the living room couch. If you are alone, or if you like to sleep very close to your special someone, there is room for both of you in the bedroom, but if one person thrashes a bit, or snores, you might want to make use of the pull-out in the living room. The big treat is the bathroom. Anyone who has been to Paris knows that bathrooms are notoriously small. Not here. There is a nice sink, tub with a great shower head, and room to move about with ease. A scale, a hair dryer, and even a washing machine are also included should you need them. The location is fantastic, too. The I'lle St. Louis is a beautiful little area right behind Notre Dame, and only a 2 minute walk to the Sully-Morland Metro.The Berthillon Ice Cream store is just down the block, and there are some wonderful restaurants, galleries, and shops in the area. The views are wonderful everywhere you look, and musicians of every type play on the street and entertain the crowds. Some people might be bothered by the children's voices from the day care next door, but although the voices carry a good part of the day, it did not interfere with either my work or my naps! It was also nice having the free calls to home so that I could check in everyday and let my husband know I was safe and doing fine. The online booking made everything easy to do, and everything was ready on my arrival. One thing you should consider if you are renting this apartment is that there is no lift, and it's on the third floor. I was fine making it up the 64 steps to the door, but on some days, a lift would have been welcome after walking for hours around Paris. If you are in good shape, it won't matter, but it might be something to think about if you are older. I would happily rent from this company again. In fact, I will, as I am coming back to Paris next summer, this time with my husband. What more can I say? My stay with Special Apartments was magnifique!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mermac

Dear Mermac,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and helpful review of Apartment #032 and the service that we offer. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you and your husband next summer,

Until then ...

Warm regards from a very rainy Paris!