“#34 - Great Location, Small Space”
Review of Special Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Special Apartments
Ranked #35 of 173 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Denver, Colorado
“#34 - Great Location, Small Space”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I would give this a 3.5 if I could. The location, about 50 meters from the Louvre Rivoli metro stop on line 1, is excellent. I love walking places and using public transportation. It was so easy from here. The apartment is on the 7th floor. You can take the tiny lift to the 6th floor, if you trust it, and walk the last flight. It's quiet, it has great views over rooftops, and it's relatively clean. The shower had signs of mold on the caulk. The place is half of an attic, basically, and the roof slopes like half of an A-Frame roof. So, when you walk to the bathroom or down the living room, you have to tilt your head to not hit the ceiling. Even sitting on the couch, I couldn't sit normal. It was irritating, but we survived. I could have noticed this from the pictures online but the wide angle lens makes it look much larger than it is. The loft for the bed is small and we hit our heads on the wooden beam down the middle at least a few times a night. The washer dryer combo was a nice perk because we had to do laundry (and part of why we chose this one) but it takes about 3 1/2 hours per load because the dryer just blows heat. There is no exhaust to dry them normally. Just pointing out some things, not griping. Again, great location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank librahi
SpecialApartments, Owner at Special Apartments, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Librahi,

Thank you so much for your comment. I'm glad that you enjoyed the location, which is effectively prime property in Paris, being right next to the Louvre.

I am sorry however that you found that the apartment was small, but to be fair, it is our least expensive one bedroom apartment and we clearly state that it is only 26 square metres (280 sq. feet), so we are very upfront about that. The pictures are also very accurate and make it quite evident that it is under a roof top with limited head space under the roof
( http://specialapartments.com/10_bailleul_sacre_coeur.html )
The lift is brand new and is for four people, so I don't really understand why you say that it is 'tiny' or why you wouldn't trust it, for Paris that is quite a big lift.
As far as the washer/dryer combo goes, yes I know its quite slow to dry (they always are), but, as you gathered there is not much space, so we couldn't really have a separate dryer installed. It was a choice between two evils.
I'm really sorry if there was some signs of mold in the shower and will get that seen to straight away. Thank you for letting us know!
If you do ever consider staying with us again, I might recommend an apartment not quite as central in a more typical Parisian neighbourhood. That way you'll have much more space for an economical price. All of our apartments are within a few minute metro ride at most to the heart of things,

John, Regis and all the team at Special Apartments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Melbourne
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I rented an apartment from these guys in March, and the whole process from start to finish was simply flawless. I was able to email through my questions beforehand and book everything over the internet (very handy when you're coming from another time-zone, half way aroudn the world).

I was met prompty at the agreed time at the apartment, and given a tour of the facilities, which was a nice touch.

The apartment itself was super clean (and I'm very picky) and had just about everything I needed (and a supermarket across the road made it complete).

I can't recommend these guys highly enough. And I'm already planing my next trip back to Paris in July and will definitely be staying with these guys again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Kamal,

I'm so glad that you were happy with our service and that you enjoyed the apartment that you stayed in. We have since made some more improvements and will be happy to welcome you back next time around,

until then,

Warm regards from all the team at Special Apartments!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2012

After trying different options when staying in Paris, I discovered Special Apartments. Their site offered character accomodation throughout Paris and prices which seemed competitive. Two years later and based on personal experience plus feedback from work collegues who I recommended to use Special Apartments, my overall appreciation is AAA. First A for location, character, space (a real luxury in Paris!) and comfort: the choice is great and the booked flats completely met expectation (my personal preference goes to Ile St Louis). Second A for service: a very professional team, caring for their customers and doing their best to continuously improve. Third A for flexibility: I fly to Paris a few times a year, but never stay long (between 1 to 3 nights). Regis, Geraldine or John always accomodated me...and my arrival time!
I am already looking forward to my next stay. My suggestion: do not hesitate to open branches in other French or international cities !

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Liliasolaregunt
Dear Liliasolaregunt,

Thank you so much for your kind comment. I'm so glad that you are happy with our service and hope that we can always keep up to the standard that you expect from us,

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

John, Regis and all the team at Special Apartments
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We are very satisfied clients of Special Apartments and often recommend Regis and Geraldine and their places to friends and colleagues.
My husband and I and subsequently our son and his partner have used their apartments now for many visits to paris and have not been disappointed.
Their pre-bookingcontact is excellent; they seem not to tire of one's endless 'Just another question' emails! The greeting and on-site service makes for a welcoming feel and the apartments themselves are great. We have stayed in Rue Chapon a couple of times as has our son; we have used Rue de Grevilliers for a quick one night pre-flight visit.
Highly recommended and I am an experienced apartment renter in other countries!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaryJB_inMelbourne
Dear MaryJB,

Thank you so much for coming back with us each time and for sending family, friends and colleagues our way.

Hope to see you again soon!

John, Regis, Geraldine and all of the team at Special Apartments
Centerville
Reviewed April 25, 2012

To John, Geraldine & everyone who makes Special Apartments -- Ridiculously Special!

We have returned to the States after the most wonderful 11 days and nights living in Apartment #30 on the Ile St. Louis. My mother, daughter, niece and I had the most perfect "first time in Paris" trip and we are definitely spoiled. The location of the apartment couldn't have been more suited for novices like us. Such wonderful access to all of the city -- by foot, metro, boat and/or taxi. By day 2 we were feeling like experts, walking for our baguettes and croissants every morning.

The booking process was so easy and the hugely warm and always comforting emails from Geraldine, both leading up to the trip and even asking a question while on-site, made me feel sad not to have met her in person. A huge highlight and definitely recommended option was booking a foodie tour with Ute (Uteinparis.com) which I found as a link on the Special Apartments sight. We spend a glorious half day walking the Marais with the beautiful and knowledgeable Ute getting access and hints on all the "hot foodie" spots. We followed Ute's recommendations and really feel like we had a taste of Paris most tourists miss. Her map and what she shared became invaluable information we used the entire trip.

The apartment itself was glorious. The beds so comfortable (even the pull-out!), the duvets and pillows fluffy and everything so clean and neat with all those little extras -- the paintings, books, chandeliers, copper pots and lovely courtyard.

Leaving was difficult -- but we all realized that we'll be back and I'm already making my booking plans for next year with Special Apartments.

Thank you all so very much for helping make our trip everything I had dreamed it would be ... and even more.

All my best,
Lisa Nickerson
Centerville, MA USA

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa N
Dear Lisa,

We're so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay in the apartment #030 on the Ile Saint Louis, its also a personal favourite of mine, with its old world features and excellent location! I'm glad you enjoyed your tour with Ute, she very much enjoyed your company too.

Of course we'd be thrilled to have you back next year!

Until then warm regards from Paris where it is warm and sunny at last!

John, Regis, Geraldine and all of the team at Special Apartments
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Very happy to recommend this company and this apartment to all and sundry
(as I already have to friends here in Australia). In future for any stays longer than 2 or 3 days in Paris, I would not consider
anything else than an apartment, and yours was a perfect example.
Your staff were helpful and friendly. The website photos were accurate
and well shot. The renting process was easy, smooth and well thought out.
The location of our particular apmnt was
perfect. That street and that part of the Marais is what I would
call the quintessential Parisian experience…the scale of the street, the variety of shops and cafes and restaurants,
the easy access to 4 metro stations, the nearby shops and galleries and the general
“village-like” ambience of the northern edge of the Marais.
The apartment was well thought out, attractively furnished and
everything worked as it should. The 3 flights of stairs were challenging only because we had
too much luggage (never again!). The tv and wifi, which we consider as essential ingredients, worked v well.
We would stay there again and recommend to friends, although not too many, as it my never be
available again when we want it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim B
Dear Kim B,

What a lovely review! Thank you! So happy that you enjoyed the area and the apartment. Thanks also for recommending us to your friends.

Hopefully we'll get the chance to have you back some time soon!

Warm regards from Paris where the sun is shining at last!

John, Regis and all of the team at Special Apartments Paris
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Stayed in Rue St Honore within sight of the Louvre. One room apartment on the 6th floor but with elevator. Just perfect for a long weekend. Helpful company, welcome bottle of wine, well appointed apartment. Just ideal

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Derek_Law
Dear Derek,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment. We do hope to welcome you back some day!

Kind regards,