“Waiter Tried To Rip Us Off”
Review of Espace Petit Pont

Espace Petit Pont
Ranked #13,098 of 16,991 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Tallahassee, Florida
“Waiter Tried To Rip Us Off”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had a fairly good experiece here but then our waiter informed us his shift was ending and presnted us with our bill. It clearly stated service compris yet he asked us if we wanted to put a tip on it. I double-checked the bill and pointed out that it said service compris and he sputtered something and said he'd ask his Manager---clearly he knew we knew he was trying t shake us down and so left the bill and disappeared.

A sorry end to a fairly good meal--the pomme frits were the best of it, but after that experience, I would not recomment it to other tourists.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank tfrielin

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Charming”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

It was a lovely little brasserie, food pretty good, hot chocolate delicious. Hot apple juice cocktail far too sweet! Internet access / WiFi much appreciated.

£5 for a 50cl bottle of Evian, quite expensive we thought but in sight of Notre Dame.

If you want to avoid cigarette smoke it is just about possible inside.

• Visited February 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Christmas Eve Dinner”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We ended up stumbling into this restaurant randomly on Christmas Eve after attending a mass at Notre Dame De Paris. At first we were skeptical as it looks very touristy, but the price was right for 69 Euros for 2 people, including drinks. The meal turned out quite good! We had Guinea Fowl as the main and the mushrooms & sauce were to die for! My husband had the Fois Gras as the starter and he loved it, I had the raw salmon and it was quite good. The dessert was a trio and very sweet, I was so full at this point that I have to admit I didn't finish. Not a spectacular meal, but overall one of my favorite in Paris as the atmosphere was very fun and the food was solidly good. We found the staff fairly attentive and they were wearing Santa suits for the first half of our meal, a cute touch that made it more festive.

• Visited December 2011