“Fun but expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

we spent all day here roaming around. it was fun digging thru the old postcards, looking at fancy furniture & chandeliers, and digging through the albums. It is expensive. The postcards are like 5 euros. the vinyl albums were roughly 20 & up euros. nothing inexpensive and fun to take home. Chandeliers were extremely expensive, I can get beautiful new one that is wired correctly in the states. Walking around & window shopping was fun. it was supposed to be open until 6 but be advised by 5pm they were packing it in.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank pchess12345

• Korean first
travelmatters123
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Looked good but get there well before noon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We made the effort to visit this open-air antiques/bric-a-brac market but although we'd read it was running until 2 p.m. when we got there at noon the packing up was well underway. Next time we will get there earlier as there's nothing much else in the area. What we did see on the stalls looked interesting and definatley worth a visit.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank travelmatters123
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Only open weekends”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Went to shop here on a monday. It was closed. This is only a weekend thing. Wish I would have known before going

1 Thank rccompton
Manila
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Charming flea market”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Am not a professional "antiquer" but am always on the hunt for interesting and unique things when I travel. Porte de Vanves did not disappoint. It was small enough that you can go through everything in one morning and is not as intimidating as the big one at St.-Ouen de Clignancourt. I brought along my 10 year old daughter and she had fun browsing through the market as well. I thought that this was a more authentic flea market as most of the vendors were selling out of the back of their cars and were already packing up before 1:00pm. You can find anything and everything from paintings to vintage scarves to old keys to plates, silverware, jewelry, glassware, books, frames, tins, even antique guns! I got an old optometrist's lighted eye chart which I adore. Prices are not super cheap but when I saw a pair of vintage wooden shoe trees at a Paris boutique for 90 euros that I got for 10 euros at the Porte de Vanves market, that made me pretty happy. The atmosphere was lively, complete with a guy with a small mobile wooden piano playing in the middle of the market! Great experience, can't wait to go back! Tip: take the bus instead of the metro. Has 2 or 3 stops right where the market is, plus the ride and view is much better!

Visited January 2013
7 Thank ChrisLee33
seattle
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun Morning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

My daughter and I visited this Flea Market on an August Saturday morning. I had read here on tripadvisor that it was easier to navigate than St Ouen but was worried that it might not have anything we would be interested in buying. Wow, we were surprised how wonderful it was-we bought some old silver bracelets and a silver perfume bottle on a necklace, books, french pictures, religious medals, a large old key, a small antique pocket watch to wear on a necklace etc.. I think we had more fun shopping here than we did in the regular stores. We were able to negotiate with a lot of the vendors (who were very nice) and we don't even speak french (except for the usual greetings). My tip would be to get there by 9 am so you can see everything before a lot of vendors start closing up at lunch time.

Visited August 2012