“Great experience from beginning to end” 5 of 5 bubbles

Photo Tours In Paris
Ranked #133 of 512 Tours in Paris
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great experience from beginning to end”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I contacted Randy in May about organising a Night Photography Tour for Paris in September. All the arrangements went extremely smoothly, and I had no difficulty in meeting up with my guide, David, on the night. He was friendly and good natured, and skilled in teaching the art of photography.

I had a good time, and learnt a great deal about my camera. There were, however, a couple of instances where I felt like David was more focused on setting up for the shot than on imparting insights and knowledge to me. (Perhaps we were rushed because I'd spent too long getting the shot elsewhere.) There were also a couple of occasions where I felt we'd spent enough time trying for one shot, and David was persistent with "one more". (Maybe patience is a characteristic that explains why he's the photographer and I'm just a keen amateur! ;) )

I applied some of the skills learnt on this evening with David on the rest of my trip, and my photos were so much better as a result of that experience. I was very pleased with the best of my photos on the night (though did note that they look very similar to shots taken by other people who've done this tour...)

I recommend Photo Tours in Paris, and would have no hesitation in booking a tour in another European city.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank jeaneeem

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most challenging but rewarding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I took three photos tours last week in London, Paris and Rome. I had never shot in manual mode and after working with the three professionals I won't go back to the easy mode. David in Paris was outstanding and challenged me to be more creative and take the time to take great pictures I would highly recommend this if you want to improve your skills and see the little known secrets of these cities.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank mychowhounds
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked the AM and night tour in Prague and the AM and night tour in Paris and boy am I glad I did! The photographers are professional, fun and my photography knowledge has benefitted tremendously! I am a serious amateur and know my way around settings and exposure but have always struggled with developing the eye. I can gladly say that I have taken away advice that has elevated my photography to the next level. Regardless of your knowledge level, from basic to professional, they will accomodate you and teach.
Ivan in Prague devoted more than the allocated time of the tour and we saw so much of Prague! He is a great guy, fun, patient and taught me a lot and I am now able to create compelling images of buildings, statues etc.
David in Paris is also a great guy and likes to concentrate on creating a message in his photos. He helped tremendously on the more artistic side of photography.
My wife doesn't take pictures often and she accompanied me on each of the tours where both Ivan and David would take time and tell her items of interest and a pointer here and there.
Dealing with Randy was a positive experience. He is very responsible and professional. You need not be conerned that you are bign ripped off. This tour DOES exist and it IS fantastic!! When we go to Rome and Venice I will be calling Randy again and setting up some more tours!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Chad G
australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic night photography”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I concur with all of the previous reviewers and give this tour 5 stars (alhough it is a little dear). It was the best 3 hours that I spent and as with the others I learnt heaps from David not just about the technical aspect of taking a shot but more importantly the 'art of seeing'. He was knowledgable, enthusiastic and overall great guide. I was lucky enough to be the only person on the tour and got his undivided attention.

1 Thank perth_oz888
Melbourne, Australia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Worth every cent - such a great morning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We both learnt so much about our cameras, how to take good photos, and saw bits of Paris we never would have explored otherwise. We spent so much time taking photos, laughing, and really enjoying ourselves.

I really highly recommend this experience. Rachel is lovely and very knowledgeable. She taught us to look at the world in a slightly different way in order to capture great photos.

Visited August 2012