“An amazing and maybe the most special private guidance we have ever experienced!”
Review of City Free Tour

City Free Tour
Ranked #17 of 560 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: City Free Tour is a small company which is organising free walks, private tours, museum visits, food tours, in order to show you the best of City of Lights. This season, Chris and other guides of his are offering you: Montmartre free tour, Historic Paris tour, Marais walk and macarons tasting, Louvre skip the line visit, Orsay skip the line visit, Half day tour, A Exclusive Paris Day tour. Montmartre free tour, every Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon at 10.30am -hidden in the North of Paris, Montmartre joined the city year 1860 and became the place for bohemians, artists and courtisans including Van Gogh, Picasso, Renoir, Degas… Notre Dame and Latin Quarter free tour Goes every Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon at 1.30pm Discover secrets of Notre Dame and stroll the Latin Quarter while visiting Sorbonne, Shakespeare and company, Panthéon, Saint Genevive hill, Cluny, Romain remains. Marais tour and macarons tasting, every Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon at 4pm -you cant come to Paris without visiting le Marais, they say. Seen as the most trendy area to live in the world Marais hides houses from the 17th century and the charming Jewish area and taste the best macarons in the world. Louvre skip the line private visit Orsay skip the line private visit Half day and Exclusive Paris Day Tour
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I never wrote reviews any on TA even I find most of my travel tips here, but Chris deserves a great one. 10 days ago we had the most amazing time in Paris thanks to Chris. As we had only three days in Paris, we wanted to make the best of it so we needed somebody who knows the city and that way make it easier for our family of four.
After reading all these outstanding reviews about Chris I have contacted him and he responded the same day. As we didnt know what to do in Paris, he suggested some points and areas and the tour could start. Chris picked us up in our hotel and we started with an easy introduction of Paris and how to handle it. Chris showed us how to use paris tube, got us tickets, metro map and explained us how to use public transportation. After that we continued with Champs Elysees and paris major sights we had a lunch break. For the lunch break, we wanted to go in one specific restaurant which my mother visited years ago and she loved it. I have explained that to Chris in my previous emails and he made a reservation for us in advance. That was so nice from him.
After our lovely lunch Chris picked us up and he took us to see his beloved Montmartre area. We loved it! This part of the walk was something very special as this is the area where Chris lives and he showed us all off road of this hidden village. But story goes on! Not only Chris is a tour guide but he also runs his own little contemporary art gallery in Montmartre area which had an opening of the exhibition the same day when we were having our day with him. He then spontanuously invited us to come and join him and his friends for the opening. This was the first time in our life that we were invited for the art exhibition while traveling. We spent there about an hour, for a glass of wine, some nice to chat with local people.
Outstanding experience I would recommend to everyone!

Chris, thank you so much for this. It was supposed to be one regular day walk and turned out to be the best travelling experience ever.

3  Thank catherine P

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked a very last minute trip to Paris, France, and we had only 3 days there. We knew that we would only have a couple of days on our own to explore the history-rich city. I contacted Chris at City Free Tour via e-mail the week before we went, and not only did we meet up with him for a group tour of Montmarte, he custom designed a private tour for us to immediately follow the group tour (through Marais and city center.) I told him what other parts of Paris we knew we would be visiting before/after our time with him, and he designed a tour to cover as many pieces of the city as we could without repeating anything we already had scheduled. We spent 4 1/2 hours discovering Paris with Chris. We saw things we never would have found without him and learned things that we certainly would have missed without him. He was professional, knowledgeable, flexible, welcoming, genuine, and helpful. He had an honest perspective of the city and the people that he willingly shared. We were hesitant before our trip, because we do not know French, but City Free Tour seemed like it would be a great way to learn about the city while also having a liaison. It turned out to be so much more than that. We felt like he was not only our tour guide, but a friend by the time we were finished. I know that if we needed anything during the rest of our time there (or on any future trip), we could call him.
I found City Free Tours via Trip Advisor, and I am so incredibly glad that I did! After falling in love with the city and the people (who were all incredibly nice), I definitely want to go back. We will be certain to call Chris when we do.

4  Thank TX_April_Dawn
Reviewed April 8, 2013

In a quest to find the perfect tours for my family, which consisted of myself, my husband, my father, and two boys (ages 11, 8), I reviewed many tour companies. We were looking for private tours, who could keep us entertained while showing us the "must-do" sites of Paris. I found City Free Tours on Trip Advisor and sent them an email. Chris immediately responded to my emails and created a three day schedule for us including all of the major sites. I sent him a list of what we wanted to see and then he made some additional suggestions, including a day trip to Versailles. He always responded very promptly and answered all of my questions. It was liking having a personal concierge, which I greatly needed in planning this trip. I was able to email Chris while in Paris and he would answer any questions that I had regarding transportation, restaurants, etc.

His tours were so informative and laid back. Our tour of Versailles with Fabio was also phenomenal, even though it was raining and very cold. I couldn't believe they were able to keep the boy's attention and answer all of their questions. I would definitely use City Free Tours again, as not only did they provide excellent service, but were extremely economical and informative!

3  Thank Kimg10
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We enjoyed very much our walking tour with Chris and Tamara.
Both very professional and knowledgeable as well as reliable and flexible when we had to make a change in our schedule.
Although our hotel was well located at Blvd. St Germain the walking tour gave us a good sense of orientation and allowed us to go back to places of interest in the neighbourhood.
Highly reccomend them
Allan and Susan

2  Thank evam130
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We took 3 tours in Paris with Chris being the guide on all three of them. They were very informative, even better quality than the paid tours we took prior. Paris sells itself but Chris simply made the tour memorable. He is just a humble and pleasant individual and it felt as if we were good friends by the third tour. Also, unlike other free tours, he practically never even mentioned that he works on tips which is nice since others remind you like 4 times during a tour. Take the tours with Chris and you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank NYNYC