“Best Investment for Short Trip”
Review of City Free Tour

and up
Marais Walking Tour with Macaron Tasting
Ranked #18 of 544 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: City Free Tour is a small company which is organising free walks, private tours, museum visits, food tours, in order to show you the best of City of Lights. This season, Chris and other guides of his are offering you: Montmartre free tour, Historic Paris tour, Marais walk and macarons tasting, Louvre skip the line visit, Orsay skip the line visit, Half day tour, A Exclusive Paris Day tour. Montmartre free tour, every Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon at 10.30am -hidden in the North of Paris, Montmartre joined the city year 1860 and became the place for bohemians, artists and courtisans including Van Gogh, Picasso, Renoir, Degas… Notre Dame and Latin Quarter free tour Goes every Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon at 1.30pm Discover secrets of Notre Dame and stroll the Latin Quarter while visiting Sorbonne, Shakespeare and company, Panthéon, Saint Genevive hill, Cluny, Romain remains. Marais tour and macarons tasting, every Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon at 4pm -you cant come to Paris without visiting le Marais, they say. Seen as the most trendy area to live in the world Marais hides houses from the 17th century and the charming Jewish area and taste the best macarons in the world. Louvre skip the line private visit Orsay skip the line private visit Half day and Exclusive Paris Day Tour
Austin, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Investment for Short Trip”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked a very last minute trip to Paris, France, and we had only 3 days there. We knew that we would only have a couple of days on our own to explore the history-rich city. I contacted Chris at City Free Tour via e-mail the week before we went, and not only did we meet up with him for a group tour of Montmarte, he custom designed a private tour for us to immediately follow the group tour (through Marais and city center.) I told him what other parts of Paris we knew we would be visiting before/after our time with him, and he designed a tour to cover as many pieces of the city as we could without repeating anything we already had scheduled. We spent 4 1/2 hours discovering Paris with Chris. We saw things we never would have found without him and learned things that we certainly would have missed without him. He was professional, knowledgeable, flexible, welcoming, genuine, and helpful. He had an honest perspective of the city and the people that he willingly shared. We were hesitant before our trip, because we do not know French, but City Free Tour seemed like it would be a great way to learn about the city while also having a liaison. It turned out to be so much more than that. We felt like he was not only our tour guide, but a friend by the time we were finished. I know that if we needed anything during the rest of our time there (or on any future trip), we could call him.
I found City Free Tours via Trip Advisor, and I am so incredibly glad that I did! After falling in love with the city and the people (who were all incredibly nice), I definitely want to go back. We will be certain to call Chris when we do.

4 Thank TX_April_Dawn

Richmond, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Learned so much!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

In a quest to find the perfect tours for my family, which consisted of myself, my husband, my father, and two boys (ages 11, 8), I reviewed many tour companies. We were looking for private tours, who could keep us entertained while showing us the "must-do" sites of Paris. I found City Free Tours on Trip Advisor and sent them an email. Chris immediately responded to my emails and created a three day schedule for us including all of the major sites. I sent him a list of what we wanted to see and then he made some additional suggestions, including a day trip to Versailles. He always responded very promptly and answered all of my questions. It was liking having a personal concierge, which I greatly needed in planning this trip. I was able to email Chris while in Paris and he would answer any questions that I had regarding transportation, restaurants, etc.

His tours were so informative and laid back. Our tour of Versailles with Fabio was also phenomenal, even though it was raining and very cold. I couldn't believe they were able to keep the boy's attention and answer all of their questions. I would definitely use City Free Tours again, as not only did they provide excellent service, but were extremely economical and informative!

3 Thank Kimg10
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Short but sweet visit to Paris”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We enjoyed very much our walking tour with Chris and Tamara.
Both very professional and knowledgeable as well as reliable and flexible when we had to make a change in our schedule.
Although our hotel was well located at Blvd. St Germain the walking tour gave us a good sense of orientation and allowed us to go back to places of interest in the neighbourhood.
Highly reccomend them
Allan and Susan

2 Thank evam130
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“3 Tours, 2 days, #1 Guide-Chris”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We took 3 tours in Paris with Chris being the guide on all three of them. They were very informative, even better quality than the paid tours we took prior. Paris sells itself but Chris simply made the tour memorable. He is just a humble and pleasant individual and it felt as if we were good friends by the third tour. Also, unlike other free tours, he practically never even mentioned that he works on tips which is nice since others remind you like 4 times during a tour. Take the tours with Chris and you won't be disappointed.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank NYNYC
San Jose
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Superb and friendly”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

So sorry we did not discover City Free Tour until our last two days in Paris. We took the Latin Quarter tour with Tamara and the Montmartre tour with Chris. Both were excellent guides - friendly, and knowledgeable. They gave us lots of information as we walked in and around the areas. Wear comfortable walking shoes! We especially appreciated Chris's binder of goodies - pictures and maps that made it all the more interesting. Suggest that when you are in wonderful Paris that you don't waste your precious time - and your Euros - on the high priced tour companies (sadly we did). Instead, contact this superb team of young vibrant friendly folks at City Free Tour.

Visited March 2013