“Best of France Tours provided a wonderful Normandy experience”

Best of France Tours
$473.43*
Paris 2h30 illuminations night tour
Ranked #58 of 560 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer since 2007 private day tours from Paris with premium guided tours to the following destinations: Paris museums, Paris walking tours, Versailles & Giverny, Champagne tasting tours in Reims/Epernay, D-Day Normandy private tours, Louvre, Orsay museum tours, Loire castles tours, World War One Tours, Fontainebleau & Vaux le Vicomte tours, Auvers/Van Gogh tours.
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Our day in Normandy was better than I ever hoped - as I had made the plans for the 4 of us! Michael picked us up at our Paris apartment at 7:30 AM - and returned us 12 hours later. The drive went past so swiftly because Michael knew so much about French history and current issues in France - never in an intrusive way either as we would not have enjoyed a babbler. Michael said most tourists want to grab lunch on the go - but we requested a leisurely lunch with charm - Sainte-Mere-Eglise's Augerge Le John Steele - wonderful food and more time to talk with Michael. We know we need more time in Normandy but only had the day to see a few of the WWII areas. We would highly recommend Best of France Tours and Michael! Ready to go again!

3  Thank DallasDixie

Reviewed January 25, 2010

Dear Philippe,
Seeing you as soon as we exited the secure area of CDG was such a relief! Having lost more than half of our layover to a mechanical problem, we doubted that there would be sufficient time for our previously arranged private tour of the city. We shouldn't have worried. You made full use of every available minute, and helped focus what could have been just a blur into a meaningful introduction to Paris. I was especially impressed that you took us by each of the interest areas I had previously identified, pointing out a ballet boutique and telling a related story at the opera house for my daughter's benefit.

Thank you for making our layover interesting, memorable, personal and easy. Thank you for getting us to our terminal in time, and for noticing the passport I dropped in your back seat: As much as my husband loved Paris, we were happy to have him with us for the rest of our vacation in Spain!

Sending our best wishes from New Jersey to you,
YK and family

3  Thank Y1K
Reviewed January 13, 2010

While planning our trip to Paris, we were anxious to travel to some of the sites, outside of Paris, without renting a car or traveling with a tour group. I found Best of France Tours and Philippe Brimont on the internet. (www.best-of-france.net) Hiring Philippe to take us to Normandy and Giverny was the best decision that we made for our trip!!

Philippe was wonderful from his on-time pick up at our rented Paris apartment until he brought us home at the end of each tour. He made the trips to the sites entertaining and educational by his ability to explain everything along the way. (His English is excellent!! He speaks 4 languages.) Once at Normandy, his indepth knowledge and descriptions made us feel as if we were on Omaha Beach during the invasion. It was a very moving experience. From the beach , to the German guns in the bunkers, to the cemetery, it was a trip we will never forget. The next day, Philippe drove us to Giverny for a trip to see the home of Monet. The home and the gardens around the home are beautifully maintained and make you feel as if you are in one of Monet's paintings. Once again, Philippe knew all the details and explained beautifully and sightfully the history of the home and the gardens.

Making our reservation for both tours was an easy task. His web site provided excellent and accurate information. His confirmation of our tours was prompt. Everything that is promised on this web site was delivered in spades. You cannot go wrong by hiring Philippe Brimont!!! We look forward to our next trip to France and we will certainly hire Phillipe again. (We want to tour the wine region).

4  Thank monopoly12
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I was looking for a dirver/tour guide to tour my wife, myself and our parents during a 11 hour layover in Paris. I needed someone that I could trust so i could feel confident, in turn our parents confidence in me would reduce thier stress level while traveling. .

I got exactly what I wanted. Philippe was awesome. He was prompt, accommodating, very knowledgeable, an excellent drive( a must in Paris) . We saw everything we wanted to see and more. I highly reccommend The Best Of France Tours for anyone that wants a customized tour of France..

Merci Philllippe

1  Thank RobinLS
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Ordinarily, if I were to go to Normandy, I would take the train from Paris and stay in one of the lovely towns up there for several days. But on this October trip, we had 2 elderly ladies with us (one 90 yrs old) and needed to simplify. After much research, we found www.best-of-france.net and booked a private tour (they also do standard group tours). It was easy to book over the internet, good email communication, and Philippe (the owner) was our driver and guide. Most of the tours from Paris normally do not go to Utah Beach, which we wanted to see for family reasons, as it is a little farther away. We also especially wanted to see the Bayeux tapestry, so our tour was customized to our interests. We also went to St Mere Eglise, Omaha, the American Cemetery and Memorial Center. We left our hotel at 7:30 am and returned about 7:30 that evening, a very full day. It was very nice being picked up instead of having to trek to some pickup point in Paris at 7am. Our only regret was that we did not have lunch in Normandy, as we would have loved some mussels and Calvados. But stopping at Bayeux added an hour to our trip, so we had a picnic at Le Merderet instead. Our van was an 8 passenger brand new VW van with leather seats, very comfortable. As for Philippe himself, well, what a treat! He is very knowledgeable, full of information and really interested in the topic. He is professional and a very good driver. His English is excellent and he is very easy to talk to. He is from the Champagne area himself, so I am sure his tours of Champagne are extraordinary! I would recommend him to anyone seeking a private or group tour in the Paris area - they do evening lights tours as well as Paris, Normandy, Loire, Giverny, Champagne, Versailles, etc. As we went off-season, we took advantage of a special rate, so check the website. I recommend them without reservation.

3  Thank mabz