“OUTSTANDING!!”

and up
Champagne Region Private Day Trip from Paris
Ranked #50 of 534 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer since 2007 private premium guided tours to the following destinations: Paris museums, Paris walking tours, Versailles & Giverny, Champagne tasting tours in Reims/Epernay, D-Day Normandy private tours, Louvre, Orsay museum tours, Loire castles tours, World War One Tours, Fontainebleau & Vaux le Vicomte tours, Auvers/Van Gogh tours.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“OUTSTANDING!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We have 3 teenage boys and decided on a half day trip to Versailles. We could not have been happier with Frederic! He was fabulous. He kept the boys engaged, interested and made our trip most enjoyable. In the end, we were sorry we hadn't booked him for the entire day. We would definitely recommend Best of France Tours. Thank you Frederic.
Debbie and John.

2 Thank jabrons

• Greek first
Carmel, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Paris and Versailles tour”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Long story short, my wife and I had the opportunity to stay in Paris for two nights on our way back to the U.S. from Morocco. We landed around 2pm on a Wednesday afternoon and departed at 11:20 that coming Friday. With the limited time frame, I wanted to make the most of our trip, even if it meant paying more than I typically would for this sort of thing. After all, I'm 35 and this was my first trip to Paris, so who knows when we will make it back...
Wednesday evening, we walked the Seine, toured Notre Dame and then grabbed dinner on our way back to our hotel in the 7th district. I only mention this because it freed up some time the following day for things beyond the main attractions along the river and also for additional time at Versailles.
On Thursday, Frederick picked us up at the hotel, and we hit all the main attractions along the Seine and several others that we never would have seen on our own. These included Le Jardin Du Luxemburg, Sacre Coeur, Palais Garnier, Place des Vosges (and the coffee shop across the street :) ), a well known Macaroon shop, and a local high-end department/grocery store. We never would have found these places on our own and they quite frankly made the day much more memorable and enjoyable for us. Had we been on our own, I'm sure we would have seen all the major attractions on the Seine, not really understood the historical significance of 99% of it, and never had seen anything "local" beyond a few cafe's... As for Versaille, that place is really amazing and I imagine even more so in the spring when the flowers bloom and they turn on the garden fountains...
The last stop and drop-off for us was the Eiffel Tower. We decided to climb to the second level, take a few pictures and then call it a day.
As for Frederick, he is a great and knowledgeable guide. You can tell he has a passion for the history, art and architecture in and around Paris and he made the day very enjoyable.

-Adrian

8 Thank Adrian R
Dallas, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“First class tour”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were extremely happy that Frederic met us at the gate at CDG. This was a ladies trip and we had many suitcases. The van was immaculate and comfortable. He also made sure we could check into our hotel since we were early. I highly recommend them for airport transfers. The next day we had a wonderful panoramic tour of Paris before arriving at the Louvre. Our driver and guide was Sandrine. She provided fascinating history and her english was perfect. We also traveled in a new Mercedes van so all the ladies were comfortable. The entire experience was First Class so the next trip we will book them for a different tour every day!
Philippe responded to my emails quickly and with details so the reservation process was easy too.

1 Thank kelly c
Nanaimo, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Day 2 - Paris, France”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This morning we are up early again to go to the Eiffel Tower and be the first to go up. Thanks to Bob and the Insight group for this coup. You would not believe the mile long line up at 8:30 a.m. to buy tickets and we got to go right through. We went as high as the 2nd level. This is high enough and you get a great view.

Now we leave there for the Louvre. We have been here before but it was good to go again. We had a light lunch (thank goodness) then we boarded the bus again and went to the Notre Dame Basilica (beautiful).

Having listened to a very knowledgeable guide, Nicolas, we then walked through the Latin Quarter. This is known as the student section of Paris.

Okay, my hip has now said ENOUGH. I barely made it back to the spot where we got on our bus. Now it is getting sad. We leave the group and have to say goodbye to our new friends, our guide, Bob and driver, Franco.

To make up for it, we go on the hunt for detergent to do some laundry and find a Bistro for a glass of wine. That now done, back to our hotel to do some laundry and get ready for dinner – just the 3 of us. Paris is now ours…..

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Bonnie W
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very professional and still friendly”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I am really glad I booked this tour as a surprise to my wife and our friends ( another couple).
The email correspondence was prompt and efficient and the rates fair.
Very knowledgable and professional driver and guide.
Highly recommended