“Paris - City of Beauty”

and up
Champagne Region Private Day Trip from Paris
Ranked #57 of 558 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer since 2007 private day tours from Paris with premium guided tours to the following destinations: Paris museums, Paris walking tours, Versailles & Giverny, Champagne tasting tours in Reims/Epernay, D-Day Normandy private tours, Louvre, Orsay museum tours, Loire castles tours, World War One Tours, Fontainebleau & Vaux le Vicomte tours, Auvers/Van Gogh tours.
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I were in Paris in July 2011 - we had spent a week in Spain and went to Paris mainly to be participants in the final day of the Tour du France - July 24, 2011. Paris is where my husband proposed to me two years ago. There is so much to do - but we found the red bus tour - 26 Euros - good for two days an excellent way to see the city. We also bought Metro tickets and saw other parts of Paris - Place du Concorde has very beautiful gardens. The Tour du France was a "bucket list" item and we have a fantastic time. We had booked tickets through a company in the US. What an exciting day. We had followed the Tour on tv but to see the teams in person, cycling at a very fast pace on the Champs du Elysees will remain a magical moment forever. Food is expensive in Paris and be wary of pick pockets. The people of Paris speak very good English but if you have basic French, you will get by.

We love the city of Paris and will return - hopefully to see the north and south of France.

1  Thank Carol170981

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Best of France helped guide our family through Paris. The guides we used were very professional and had in depth knowledge of the sites. We had tours of: Walking tour of Le Marais, City tour of Paris, Normandy Tour, Versailles Tour, and a Tour of the Louvre. Each guide really helped to personalize each tour for our family. In particular, Philippe provided an amazing overview of Normandy. Truly remarkable historical insights that allowed us to get a full sense of how awesome D-Day was. Additionally, Michael make the Louvre come alive for us. While we are not truly museum people, Michael's combination of art and history knowledge, along with his passionate stories, made our tour fly by. We all learned so much and now have a greater appreciation for art. You must go to the Louvre with Michael! I suspect musuem visits, with great guides, will be on our future trip itineraries.

3  Thank KenHad
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Philippe is organized, punctual, full of knowledge and has a great sense of humor. Most importantly, he adapts himself and his message to the level, interest and scope of the client. He's a great tour guide,
Richard

2  Thank Richard T
Reviewed July 16, 2011

When my wife and I and another couple exited our Paris apartment at 7 AM in mid-June, there was Philippe, patiently waiting at curbside, eager to take us on our excursion to Normandy. Little did I know that I was about to embark on the most memorable and interesting day of our 4+ week vacation in Paris. He made the 3-hour drive to Normandy quite interesting as he related some of the history of the Normandy invasion. He took us to all the places we wanted to see: Omaha and Utah Beaches, Pointe du Hoc, St. Mere Eglise, and the German and U.S. cemeteries. And along the way he showed us several other interesting places, and related some historical and anecdotal information of which most people, including even some "lesser tour guides," are unaware. It is difficult to be an American (or, I suspect, a Brit or Canadian), visit the sites of Normandy, and not feel emotional. And being with Philippe definitely heightened the experience and brought the history to life. Philippe is not only very knowledgeable, but he also has a great sense of humor, and is an all-around good guy! I can't wait for my next trip to Paris to meet up with him again -- and see more of what Paris and its environs has to offer. In summary, on a scale of 1 to 10, Phillipe ranks an 11 !!!

3  Thank philandrews11
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Our tour with Philippe from Best of France was exceptional. We read the reviews and thought they were too good to be true...we were wrong! He exceeded our very high expectations. We highly recommend him.

2  Thank Powis08