“Good but not great”
Review of Frenchie

Frenchie
Reserve with
Frenchie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 17,420 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reno, NV
“Good but not great”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just got back from a week in Paris. We managed to score reservations to Frenchie for a table of 4 at 9:30 on weeknight. Due to the difficulty of getting said reservation, we had very high expectations. It’s good, but it’s not that great. For people living in Paris, the food may be revolutionary but we could easily name 4-5 restaurants in San Francisco with a similar concept and better execution of the food. The service was definitely cold and the least friendly we’ve experienced in Paris in our last two trips there. We had a lot more fun at Itineraires last year and Fish (La Boissonerie), Coq Rico and Lilane this year. We walked away with a meh and somewhat disappointed. My mother-in-law even went as far as to give it a 2/10!

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Great atmosphere, service!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We tried to make reservations for the 9:30 service but were put on a waiting list. Unlike so many other places, Frenchie actually called us back!

It's as good as everyone says it is. The staff was extremely helpful and the food was great. For around 45 euros we had a three course meal that consisted of creative dishes as well as classic French cuisine. We had our waitress recommend wine and were thankful we did.

Paris, France
“Creatively excellent and still simple”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

What an experience, restaurant like we would like to see many more. Simple, Creative and Excellent. Atmosphere of a Café Parisian, simple menu on prime quality products played with inventive spices... everything looks so simple but the flavors are exceptional, simply exceptional. Even the wine list is simple with the best wine makers such Pacalet... if the price of the menu make an amazing deal, the wine is (again) over priced! So, a must go! but good luck to get a table.

1 Thank Philippe R
Paris, France
“Decent food, but nothing special”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Frenchie has been on our TODO list of restaurants in Paris for years, and when friends offered us a reservation they couldn't use, we went. Densely set tables are about the only thing that separates Frenchie from NYC or SOMA restaurants - the clientele is 100% tourist as far as I could tell.

They headline a foie gras as an additional starter, and it was nice but nothing special.

The menu has two choices each for starter and main, plus desserts. At 45 euro, it's not out of line for Paris. There web site had the month's menu, so I don't think the menu changes more often, so you can see if it has something you want in advance. My pork belly starter was competent as was a roast chicken main. A few morels helped the main out a lot. Dessert for me was some wild strawberry, regular strawberry, glace combination that satisfied.

Competent and dressed up here and there with some wild strawberries and the morels. Service typical of Paris, English may be the only language you hear at Frenchie's. It has a robust wine list, a bit pricey.

So while I wouldn't hesitate to eat here, there was no WOW for me.

Now the bar across the street was packed, and looked like a fun place full of people wishing they were still in their 20s.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Frenchie Wine Bar, has great food and vibe”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a review for Frenchie Wine Bar...Don't go here is you are seriously claustrophobic. They really jam you into a very small space. I"m claustrophobic, but managed to get over it. Had lots of fun in spite of my affliction. If you goal is to avoid Americans, then I would, not suggest going here. As more than half of the clientele (if not more) is from the US. I'm an American, living abroad for many years. So, I feel I have the right to say this. Very long wait for a table. So be prepared. We put our name on the list, then went down the street, to rue montorgueil, for a drink. Came back more than an hour later. Got a table soon after. This seemed to work well for us, as I do not like standing for long periods. Food was really worth the wait. Would go back.

Visited May 2013