New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #564 of 1,810 Hotels in Paris
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“What a great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Needed to be in Paris for a few days for work. Tried to get a hotel in the business district of La Defense with no luck so the Champs Elysees area was recommended due to direct Metro link to La Defense. I have to say I'm really pleased I went for this choice as the Business District is really lack lustre, but here you have the best of both worlds being a minutes walk to the Champs Elysee, 10 minutes walk to the Arc de Triomphe yet only 10-15 minutes by Metro to La Defense.

Also this hotel is really individual and funky, certainly not what you would find in a regular chain hotel. It's all very clean and new. The staff are very helpful and didn't mind printing a boarding pass out for me. My only small gripe is that the breakfast was an average buffet style, for an extra cost and next time I might go to a nearby patisserie instead.

If you are coming here on holiday, then this is an ideal launchpad to the rest of the Paris sites ( I didn't get much chance for this myself).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DaveBush19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hummelstown, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I have stayed in the eighth more than 5 times for pleasure trips and this hotel worked very well for out 10 day recent trip. The staff was friendly and the location was perfect. One block off the Champs and right next to the Georges V metro. We had an issue with the room being very hot and that was never resolved. Bad planning from the design side I think. The room was not to small. We had number 45 and it was a "prestige" double. the bathrooom was small but acceptable. each room is different as I found out so it pays to ask for a floor plan. The front desk helped with making dinner reservations and were, as I said, friendly. Would I stay here again? Yes, if I couldn't find somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank HJPofi
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

My company's travel coordinator set up my recent trip 4 day trip to Paris where I had a delightful surprise staying at the Cristal; my room was very quiet, wonderful bed, soft yet crisp sheets; the bathroom was really lovely, too, everything was exceptionally clean. The entire room was designed remarkably, very stylish and ingenious use of space. I appreciated all the little touches and attention to details which takes the stress off being on a business trip; a very helpful and courteous staff, and good with recommendations for restaurants, cafes. The location could not be better, near everything. I look forward to returning to my Parisian discovery!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank la_russe
Glastonbury, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

The hotel is located right off the champs elysees and a very short walk to the georges V metro stop, and a short walk to the arc de triomphe. The location is fantastic especially when you consider the value pricing.

I stayed for two nights and didn't get breakfast at the hotel (other than coffee) so i can't speak for that. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful, and spoke english, which was good because my french is basically nonexistent. They supplied me with a power adaptor (free) and were helpful when i asked questions.

The location is on a small side street and next door to a cash machine, a small brasserie and a great small bistro/bar.

The rooms are small by comparison to US standards, but I've stayed in smaller rooms in europe before. More importantly, the room was clean and VERY quiet considering the location - bed was quite comfortable. The only complaint is that the free Wifi was a bit dodgy - seemed to lose the connection at random intervals which was a bit tough.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SupremeBurgerFan
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Great Location/ Super Clean Room, bed sheet, and bathroom. As other european hotel, size is not big. Really kind and helpful STAFF/ and Modern design (Maybe perfact for young couple) You can believe photos in their website.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EJLEE77
Fortaleza, CE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I have been at Cristal Hotel for 04 nights along with my wife, brothers, family. Hotel is so clean, very well placed and comfortable. Price is quite high for the size of offered room (small as mostly of Paris´s hotels), however, location, cleanness, bed, bathroom and staff offset the value. I´ll be definitely hosted at Cristal on my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Newton A
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I went to Paris for a one weekend stay and ended up choosing Cristal Hotel because of its location. Since I was traveling solo and coming from a train ride from Gare de Lyon, its nearness to an RER station (George V) was very convenient. It wasn't hard to find, and I like the fact that when I get out from the hotel to walk towards Champs Elysees, the LV Flagship store is right across :) As for the hotel, it's really small, just a lowrise building smacked along rue Washington. Receptionist was accommodating, spoke a great deal of English.

I got a "Privilege Room" (based from their website, as my room was colored purple), which is basically small in size, but I found it pretty and complete. Really couldn't complain much--bed was great, flat screen tv on the wall, minibar, safe, etc. I especially liked the bathroom, it also had purple floor tiles and a matching wall pattern. I guess the only thing I didn't like was the view from my room, not much to look at. And oh, the next morning, after buffet breakfast (not yet part of the room price), when I went back to my room, I realized my door didn't lock. I called to have someone check it, and apparently, it was broken all along, since the night before. But I guess the place was indeed safe enough, since I didn't miss anything or heard noises while sleeping and the fact I was still alive haha. All in all it was the ideal place for a solo traveler (female especially), but the price is still hefty. It's more expensive than the 5-star hotel I stayed at in Geneva, but then again, Paris is Paris.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo