“Good Choice”

Neighborhood: Trocadero
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Choice”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Oscar was recommended by friends and it is a good choice. The food is good and the service was excellent. This restaurant will likely not disappoint.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Under new ownership :-(”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

For well past two decades, Oscar was my "go-to" choice whenever I needed to impress French women / biz people with what would be a GUARANTEED great dining experience at a prix imbattable. Excellent menu, wine list priced to sell not impress, great service in a cozy atmosphere where the owner hung his son's drawings of the resto down on the walls in the lounges downstairs. Ranked here in the top 5% of all Paris eateries. THEN, I took some English friends, who always asked for it by name, and walking in sensed something was wrong: different hostess, goofy waiter, holding different menus... oh yeah and it was EMPTY at 9pm on a Thursday night!! "oh no" I whispered to my london foodies. "I think they've changed owners!!" Sure enough, prices were up, food was down and gone were the adorable drawings in the restrooms. C'est la vie moderne. If you have never been, it may pass muster. If you went before January 2013, you will only be disappointed.

Visited February 2013
beaugency
“A great little find in 16th Arrondisement”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A friend recommended this restaurant for lunch and my wife and I found it extremely good. Both of us took the day's Menu - my wife had lapin and I took the fish. Both were very good. The starter (a saumon tartare) was also very good. However my dessert, the pain perdu, was one of the best desserts I've eaten! Truly recommened.

The place is modern, nicely kept and the meals nicely presented. Our waiter was excellent - fast and very friendly.

My wife took the two dish menu option, I had the extra dish (with my dessert.) The total came to 52 Euros (we didn't have wine or coffee.) A very good price for a very good meal.

• Visited March 2013
Albany, GA
“Could have been a bad night”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

After reading all the great reviews we were surprised that the food here was not better than we experienced. The location is nice and the service was fine - but the food was not memorable. Could have been because it was December 29 and a number of places were not as full as expected. May give it another try next year.

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Finally some good service and food in Paris”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I dined in this fabulous French restaurant. We were so impressed with the contemporary look, the clean area, fast/friendly service and goodness amazing wine and food. For starters we had some wine, complimentary olives and very fresh baguette with olive oil. Then I ordered some ravioli with goat cheese and truffle oil. It was a bit on the dry side but the owner spotted the dissatisfaction and immediately just excused himself, took the dish and added some sauce :) he then poured some complimentary wine and off we were ;) our friends told us that it would be sooooo easy to find good fresh food in Paris but I would disagree! Next time I'm in Paris with my girlfriends I am taking them straight to Oscar's for an amazing first impression ;)

• Visited December 2012