“Louvre Crash Course for Families”

Context Paris Tours
Ranked #53 of 549 Tours in Paris
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Context Paris organizes scholar-led "walking seminars" of Paris and excursions beyond. Walks are limited to six participants and held as an in-depth exploration of a given topic: French art, Gothic architecture, cuisine, the French Revolution, etc. The docents who lead the walks are drawn from local universities or are practicing architects, chefs, and other specialists.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Louvre Crash Course for Families”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am so pleased that we took this tour. My daughter, who is 7, loved it. Our docent, Lisa, could not have been better with her. She kept my daughter's interest and sparked her imagination throughout the tour. My daughter absolutely loved the sketch book that Lisa gave her, and has showed it to us and others over and over. The photos I have of Lisa and my daughter together, kneeling on the floor, pointing up at various items throughout the tour, are priceless. Thank you so much for making the Louvre come alive for my daughter on her first trip to Paris.

Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Can't go wrong”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We also did a tour on the Louvre and Ile de la Cite with Pablo. He was amazing with our kids (10 and 12), made it very engaging. Context can be pricey, but when I think about how much my kids came away with, I think it was money well spent! Highly recommend!

Visited July 2013
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Louvre Crash Course - Best bet for families”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Thank you Context for the best customized family tour of the Louvre. We provided advance information about our family of 5, including 3 teenage boys who didn't want to spend a lot of time in museums. Our guide Pablo knew about us before our arrival and planned an interactive walk which engaged our teens and led to a great time for all. Pablo was more than a guide, he was a great educator. After our 3 hour tour, he walked us to a nearby restaurant where we had a great lunch. We used Context in Italy last summer and decided to try again for the Louvre. Their guides are all highly educated individuals who love the topic that they tour on. It's not unusual for the guide to be a PhD who has written more than 1 book.

Palo Alto, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Touring with experts is great.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have used Context tours in both Rome and Paris. The guides have always been highly educated in their subject matter and able to discuss the sites in an in depth and interesting way. If I am going to pay for a tour I want to learn good information. I have always been satisfied with Context.

1 Thank DSK3some
Tucson, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“City Invented, Baguette to Bistro tours”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Both of these Context Paris walking tours were excellent, and I cannot recommend them more highly. The guides were very informative and personable, and it was a pleasure to spend a few hours with each of them. "City Invented, Haussmann and the Making of Modern Paris" was led by Gabriel, who teaches architecture at a local university. He covered the subject so thoroughly I could not think of many questions to ask! The tour gave me a new perspective on Paris. "Baguette to Bistro" led by Bryan was a lot of fun as we explored patisseries, cheese shops and other culinary delights. I got much more out of my visit because of the tours. The tour groups were small, no more than 6-8 people, which allowed lots of interaction with the tour guide.

Visited September 2012