“This class covered it all.”

Context Paris Tours
Ranked #48 of 563 Tours in Paris
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Context Paris organizes scholar-led "walking seminars" of Paris and excursions beyond. Walks are limited to six participants and held as an in-depth exploration of a given topic: French art, Gothic architecture, cuisine, the French Revolution, etc. The docents who lead the walks are drawn from local universities or are practicing architects, chefs, and other specialists.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We did the "Market to Market to Home" class, and while it was an amazingly informative market walk and cooking class, it encompassed so much more. Our docent, Alisa, was wonderful. She taught us about etiquette, language, history, traditions, and shared with us a wealth of cultural knowledge. It was intimate, fun, engaging, and really immersed us. We were Parisian for one beautifully, magical day. Thank you, Alisa!

2  Thank drc108

Reviewed December 29, 2012

During my recent trip to Paris I went on a Chocolate Tour through Context, the first time I have done so. We did quite a bit of walking, all within the St Germain area, and stopped at six different shops. I had seen some of these shops before, but I would not have tried the items that Alisa, our guide, picked out. It gave me a great exposure to what is available, that I didn’t even know existed. The best part of the tour was without a doubt the guide; Alisa has a vast knowledge of chocolates, and desserts in general. I wouldn’t hesitate to go on another of her tours. We sampled a variety of chocolate and macaroons, getting a sense for the qualities in each. One of the other people on the tour had done the Baguette and Bistro tour and mentioned that was also good. My only complaint was with the weather as it rained most of the time, but Alisa did a good job of carrying on with the tour and kept the inconvenience with the rain to a minimum.

1  Thank linda009
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was a great tour. Our group was 5 people, it was very personal and filled with great information. Our guide, Alisa, was amazing. She gave us great info we used on our own after the tour. The Macaroons and Chocolate tasting was tasty and interesting, the one on one of this tour can't be beat. I would do any Context tour in any city I visit.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Well I have to say I was duly impressed with the Chocolate tour I did with Context travel and in particular with Alisa as a guide. So much so, I will book another tour next time I head to Paris. I am not usually a tour person, I had been skeptical of doing tours but found this a pleasant experience and well worth it. I can honestly say it made a huge difference in my experience of Paris this time. There were only four of us on the tour. We walked through the streets in St Germain, the same streets I had walked up and down dozens of times before. The funny thing, Alisa took us into two shops in particular I didn’t even realize were there, even though I had walked right past both of them three times in the past day! Alisa was full of tidbits of information that were both amusing and informative. Another bonus was the shopping, walking and restaurant recommendations I got. It was just a lot of fun. I was also impressed with Context Travel’s organization. This was a short notice trip and they were very quick and efficient in getting the two of us matched up with a tour we wanted during our visit.

1  Thank d2deb
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Marie was our guide and she was full of energy and knowledge. We were a family of four and splurged for a private walk. We have done Context walks in Italy and they were also excellent.

Highly recommended! It makes such a difference to have a local expert speaking your language as you walk around these historical sites.

1  Thank bud4977