“Perfect base”

Ranked #92 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
london
“Perfect base”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had a lovely time just before Christmas at Hotel Le Petit Paris. The room was perfect and the communal areas were very welcoming and comfortable. The room had everything we needed and the shower was possibly the best I’ve ever used! We booked a medium range room and it was perfect in size. The location is great and after being lured into too many touristy cafes Karim at reception booked us a table at a local restaurant which revived our belief in French cuisine. The location was perfect walking distance to Notre Dame and had a nice local feel with lots of interesting shops near by as well as the metro. I usually like to stay in different places if i return to a city but in this case me and my boyfriend felt so looked after we would definitely return given the opportunity. I really couldn’t fault to hotel or its staff - thank you for a perfect stay.

Room Tip: We booked a superior room and it was great
1 Thank PopiB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at Le Petit Paris in December 2013 (myself and partner plus my parents) and enjoyed every element. On arrival, the front desk was welcoming and friendly, and our rooms were excellent (we had the superior ones), and pretty spacious for a hotel in the centre of Paris!
We looked out over the street and there was no more noise than you would expect, being where it was lcated, but it certainly didn't wake us or disturb us.
Breakfast was delicious and a really good selection.
Location was great - the Luxembourg Gardens on Sunday morning were lovely to walk around and only 5 mins max from the hotel. There were lots of bars and restaurants nearby which was handy.
All 4 of us said that when we return to Paris, we will certainly stay there.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Our room was small but cozy. The bed was comfortable and the blankets warm.
the room faced the street and so I was concerned about noise at night. But from like 10pm it was very quiet. anyway it's a small street with very few cars driving trough.
the pantheon is in walking distance (2-3 min), the metro also within 3 minutes by feet. For the odeon or saint-germain de pres (dinner, lunch, shopping) you may walk a bit longer, about 15 to 20 minutes.

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, which we should have. if you think, that 15 Euros is too much for a breakfast, then I can tell you, that you won't get cheaper in any café. (you may pay for 1 glass of juice, 1 coffee, 1 croissant and maybe one bread with butter and jam (petite formule) about 11 euros)
Next time I would definitely take breakfast at the hotel, as it looks great and the atmosphere is too.

Stuff was nice and helpful.

1 Thank zbinistrini
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This boutique hotel is in an excellent area of Paris. As soon as we arrived, the staff were very attentive and helpful. We found this hotel spotlessly clean. All the bedrooms are decorated differently and, although our bedroom on the top floor was a little bijou, there is everything you can ask for. The bathrooms, also clean, are very romantic, with small lights in the ceiling and tiles and the sanitary ware is very up to date. The breakfasts in the lobby on the ground floor were first class. They have honesty bar facilities, which you can help yourself and hand a form into reception with what you have taken. There are free coffee, tea, mineral water facilities after 12pm until 11pm, which we found very useful. A hotel well worth recommending.

Room Tip: The rooms are larger on the lower ground floors.
1 Thank Jeannette A
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

After much research and looking at many reviews on trip advisor I took the plunge and booked Hotel Le Petit, I was not disappointed at all. The reviews were certainly accurate. This is a relaxing and very well thought out Hotel, the room was not big but extremely well furnished and finished to a high standard. Upon arrival we were greeted with warmth and smiles, just what we needed after the flight and train journey. Paris in December is certainly cold, but coming back to a cosy and warm hotel with complimentary hot drinks and an honesty bar is just what you need. This hotel has won awards from trip advisor and very well deserved as you will find out if you take my advice and stay here.

Room Tip: As with all my tips on hotels, book direct.
Trenton, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've traveled to 30+ countries, so have stayed in dozens of hotels. But the helpfulness, kindness, and courteousness of the receptionists at this hotel were truly outstanding. They went out of their way to anticipate my needs, and all in English! They exuded the attitude that they were there to make my visit to Paris as enjoyable as possible. My room was on the street, and I am a very light sleeper, but the rare siren awoke me in the night, when the street, because it narrows at the hotel, is quite quiet.

Pamela Morse

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Staying two nights at this hotel with my girlfriends for a girly shopping weekend. I was welcomed warmly by the hotel staff. I lost my luggage's key and the receptionist was so helpful to run around to find the tool to open it for me. You can find beautiful hotels everywhere, but to find a beautiful hotel with good personal service is not very easy and this hotel manages to offer both and much more.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends