As mentioned by other reviewers, it is difficult to imagine a better location for tourists in Paris.
I stayed in the one-bedroom apartment 305 with my family (I, my wife and two daughters - 1 adult and 1 children) during a week (9th-16th Feb 2012). The windows faced an open internal courtyard and the apartment was impressively quiet, considering the busy trafic in that area. Free wi-fi internet was fine. Bathroom was very good, including a heater that was valuable during that very cold days in Paris.
We didn't try the hotel breakfast (13 Eur), but prepared our own in the room with nearby bought delicious breads, cheeses etc.
Overall stay was very good and I would stay there again, despite some minor objections:
- furniture lacks pieces to support the bagages (we handled them on the floor).
- apartment lacks a safe to hold some valuable items (fly tickets, notebook etc).
- bed and sofabed were comfy, linen and pillowcases were good, but thin flocky pillows were unpleasant.
- the apartment kitchen is not functional: there is no microwave oven and no dish rack, coffee-maker cable is so short that it doesn't reach the electric jack, there are only 2 pans plus 1 frying pan, all of them so big that the stove does not have room to heat 2 of them simultaneously. Carpeted kitchen floor does not contribute to room cleanliness.
- Reception personel is friendly, but it was necessary to ask them about basic questions that the hotel should inform us anyway (where to dispose the garbage etc). I was also suprised that the the hotel desk was closed on that Sunday.
- apartments are not smoke-free. A message in the apartment requests that guests open the windows to smoke. Sometimes there was a very strong smell of cigarette in the corridor and lift hall.
- apartments are not cleaned during a less-than-a-week stay, what we were advised in advance and considered acceptable. But we had some difficulties in getting towels changed without extra charges (4 days after our arrival!).
- we asked the hotel desk personel to arrange a taxi to transport 4 people to Orly airport. The service was quoted 45 Eur, but at the airport the driver demanded 55 Eur, arguing that 45 Eur was the price for up to 3 people. So, either the initial hotel information was incorrect or the driver arranged by the hotel was not reliable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The residence 3 stars is located in the heart of Paris and overlooking the Opéra Garnier. The residence is just above the galleries Lafayette Maison. It offers an excellent quality service with its charming courtyard, breakfast room and meeting room. The hotel´s location is one of the most famous in Paris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Residence Orion Paris Haussmann reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Orion Paris Haussmann Hotel Paris