“My One Night in Paris”

Hotel Gramont Opera Paris
Ranked #366 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
“My One Night in Paris”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I had one night in Paris on my way back from a work trip and a co-worker that travels to Paris often recommended Hotel Gramont. I booked the single room, and was treated to an upgrade to a double (I was staying on a Tuesday so I am sure that had a lot to do with it). The hotel staff was amazing the moment I walked in the door. They were available to help confirm my walking routes through the city and were always welcoming and kind whenever I had a question.
The hotel was in a good walking distance to several major sights and shopping locations (which is what I spent my afternoon doing).
My room was typical European size, but it was beautifully decorated (I am bias since I had ballet pictures on the walls and I use to be a dancer and still love it), very clean and the bed was very comfortable. One specific item I was impressed with was the bathroom. While it was extremely small the designers were smart and gave the majority of the room to the shower. I felt for the size of the bathroom it was very spacious.
Overall I can't say enough and I hope I can return soon with my husband for a real Parisian vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you soooooo much for your lovely review about us !! It was a real pleasure having you and welcoming you ! We are very happy to read that you had a great time with us !
We would love to welcome you back next time you will be in Paris !!
Until this time, we wish you all the best for the future !
Very warm regards from Paris !
Anne Flore, Charlotte, Tatiana, Florent and Benoit - Reception

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ferndown, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Good: Reception staff were friendly and helpful, good location, clean, two bathrooms in our Quadruple room . Not so good: my wife and I had a fold-out sofa bed which gave inadequate support and gave my wife backache, which I thought was poor for the money.

Room Tip: If comfort and support are important to you, ask whether you get a proper double bed rather than a s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your message especially about our staff !
All our quadruple rooms have 2 twin beds and a sofa bed with 2 bathrooms with a high quality mattress in all our rooms.
We wish you all the best for the future !
Kind regards from Paris !
Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

When choosing this hotel for my recent short trip to explore Paris with my two boys (12 & 9), I was looking for central location, family orientation, cleanliness, good service. TripAdvisor ratings were very positive plus there was a good deal on Booking.com, so I chose this hotel. We were not disappointed and can confirm what other people have said about this cozy little hotel in the heart of Paris.
The room was spacious, the location perfect (2 min. to Metro; lots of restaurant & shopping options all around), the staff absolutely adorable. People can say what they want about French service or lack thereof, but at the Hotel Gramont they prove them all wrong.
We especially loved the cozy lobby with free coffee/tea/water, fresh croissants and pains au chocolat - very nice touch!
The only problems we encountered: some TV channels didn't work and staff didn't manage to get that problem fixed since they simply didn't know what to do -> needs process change by management. The other thing: mattresses are in need to be replaced as they are not that supporting anymore (at least, they weren't in our room 205). Lastly, it would be nice to get rid of cheap plastic cups in the rooms and replace them with real glass, but that's just a minor observation.
Overall, we were VERY pleased and certainly will consider this hotel in the future and can recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: No issue since the hotel is located in a quiet side street just a few steps off the Boulevard des It...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you very very much for your very nice message about us !
We were very happy having you with us and helping you during your stay !
We would be very happy to welcome you next time you will come to Paris !
Until this time, we wish you all the best !
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location is great, walking distance to several metro stops, nice restaurants in the neighborhood (brasserie Gramont is one), close to the Grands Magasins, friendly helpful staff.

The room is very small though! I know it's typical for Paris but I have to mention it, since we only had one medium-sized luggage and we could only fit it (closed) on top of a chair, but if we had a larger one or 2 pieces we wouldn't have anywhere to put them! Be aware of this if you're travelling with several luggage pieces. The bathroom was also very small (probably the tiniest bathroom I've had in a hotel room anywhere).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind review about our hotel !
We were happy to welcome you in our hotel and read that you had a good time with us !
We would be happy to welcome you again next time !
Until this time, we wish you all the best !
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I spent three nights late June 2013 and found the location perfect for our needs. Our room on the 5th floor was small but well laid out so that we could stow all things comfortably. The air conditioning worked very well and can be set to one's needs with the easy to understand controls.

The elevator is very small and slow, so we usually just used the staircase.

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast buffet consisted of top quality food and beverage items such as freshly squeezed orange juice, first class croissants etc.

The WiFi internet connection worked well for us using a Samsung tablet.

We would definitely stay in this small hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind message about our small hotel !! We are very pleased to read that you had a good time with us !
We would be very happy to welcome you again next time !
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is in great location, close to subway and shopping. The rooms are very small, but they are nice furnished and clean. What stands out at this hotel is the the lady at the reception desk (I have forgotten her name, but she is extremely friendly and helpful. My soon left his prescription glasses in the room when we checked out and they actually mailed the glasses to our address in the US. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to say a big THANK YOU for your nice review about us !! It was a real pleasure having you with us and helping you during your stay !!
We will be very happy to welcome you again next time you will be in Paris !
Until this time, we wish you all the best for the future !
Very warm regards from Paris !
Rome, Italy
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I really recommand a Stay in this small well located hotel de charme with an excellent service and an attentive femine staff. This due to Very good service, very clean, warm atmosphere and excellent location.

Room Tip: Last floor with terrace If available
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Stefania22_12
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you a thousand times for your very nice message about us !
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us !
We would be very happy to welcome again next time you will be in Paris !