WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #239 of 1,816 Hotels in Paris
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“Great Little Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We once again opted for staying at this hoyel based solely on the comments on Tripadviser, which as usual, were "spot on"! Whilst the hotel is small, and the rooms likewise, it is spotlessly clean, the staff at reception excellent and helpful [we need more Aurelie's at other hotels] and it is very centrally located.
On arrival, our room was not yet ready but as we had a lunch we needed to get to, Aurelie put us in a room set aside for special purposes just so we could freshen up and change - and delivered tea as well! When we eventually got back to the hotel, we found our room rather tight for space so Aurelie offered us another room which had a small extra alcove which made all the difference [Room 104]! Whilst the buffet breakfast was not extensive, it was adequate altho the cost may be a little expensive for what was available! But it is convenient!
If we return to Paris at any time, I would not hesitate in booking again at Hotel Gramont Opera - it's satisfying to find these little gems and when we do, they go in the "book" for future use and referral!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peter B
Gramont, Hotel Manager at Hotel Gramont Opera Paris, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to say a big "Thank You" for your sweet message about our hotel and about our staff !!! As we always try to do our best for our guests, it is a pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt comfy with us !!!
We will be very happy to welcome you here for your next trip ! Until this time, we wish you all the best !! Take care !!
Warmest regards from Paris !
Anne Flore, Tatiana, Florent and Benoit - Reception

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is in a great location and as we were only in Paris for four nights it gave us ample opportunity to explore without having to travel too far. The staff were all very welcoming and happy to provide us with plug adaptors (which we forgot), maps and directions.

The buffet style breakfast offered wasn't very good value for money compared to other places in the area, but it was nice food and much more convenient.

We stayed in room 402 - which sleeps four people, and were extremely pleased at having two bathrooms - this saved a lot of time in the morning!

Free WiFi was also a very big plus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank desori
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you for your nice review about us ! It was a pleasure having you with us during your stay in Paris and we are really happy to see that you enjoyed your time here with us !! We woould be happy to welcome you again ! Until this time, we wish you all the best for the future.
Kindest regards,
North Port, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed 6 nights, and were very happy with our stay. The staff is excellent. Benoit went out of his way to help us, along with Aurelie, with restaurant suggestions and additional travel plans for day trips out of the city. The room was a little tight for 3 beds, but that was expected. The beds were very comfortable. The location is very good, with easy access to the Metro, Galleries Lafayette, and not too bad of a walk to the Louvre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tdd_crrll
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind review about our staff and about our hotel !! It is always a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were really happy to help you during your stay with us !!! We try to do our best for our guest to feel like at home !
We will be happy to welcome you again ! Until this time, we wish you all the best for the future !
Very kind regards,
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have booked this hotel based on the large number of great reviews.
My fault, I didn't noticed it is a 3 stars hotel, but anyway the reviews do not reflect the true.
The hotel has a nice location, close to the Opera and the Galeries Lafayette.
The staff is courteous, but that doesn't mean professional.
I have arrived with my husband on October 20th and it was clear the receptionist (with no uniform - no one wears uniform) couldn't find our reservation. I asked if she wanted the confirmation number and she said it was not necessary, but as she kept looking her papers over and over I gave her the reservation voucher (booked with Agoda, paid in full) she asked me: "Have you checked in yesterday?" I was with THREE large suitcases, is it usual to walk around Paris with three suitcases and check in again and again? I answered NO and asked, can't you find my room? and she answered the obvious: My room has been given to some other guest! At first I didn't even know how much I would get back for the new room, and, her words "I swear It's gonna be around €100.00 a night" which obviously was not. "Swear" is not a very professional verb. There is never a manager on duty, if there's a problem, good luck...
She assumed a subservient role, apologizing all the time. To make it short I was given a way smaller room (505) with an unbelievable inclined floor (3% - checked on my iPhone - 4% is the maximum for a wheelchair user!), a "Kinder Egg" style bathroom with no space at all.
We were refunded €40.00 a night and received free breakfast as a compensation.
We also got a free bottle of Champagne with an ice bucket. We left the hotel around 10:00 AM to stroll around, so I hung the "Please make up the room" sign on the door knob. We had to jump over some bags with dirty towels that the staff left right by my room door along with the vacuum to leave the room. On our return at night the ice bucket was there with water inside to remind us of their generosity...
I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: A tip to choose a room: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Lu_Rio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We took the triple room which was located on the ground floor.. Easy access with no need to take the stairs or lift.. Room was very clean and extremely spacious for European standards. Bathroom was extremely spacious as well! Room was very well maintained and we really felt super comfortable throughout our 4 nights of stay..

Staffs were very friendly and all smiles and all ready to assist us with our every needs, shuttle, directions, cutleries etc..thank you Aurelie! And the boy mending the night shift at the reception..you all made our stay very enjoyable!

Location was superb! Very close to gallery Lafayette, lourve and opera house..you can also take a slow walk to the champs if you wish..it's also very close to a few metros.. If you're tired and don't wish to walk..metro is just within a few minutes away..

Breakfast is skip-able as selection is not a lot.. You can very well spend lesser at a cafe if your appetite is not that great in the morning..

There is a really awesome Japanese restaurant nearby and you HAVE to go there to have a meal!! It's superb!!! Best meal during our stay there! Kunitoraya at rue sainte anne.. There's always a queue so you cant miss it..not sure if they are open in the afternoon..but they open at 1800 and there's a queue even before they open for business.. So go try!

Would recommend this hotel to everyone!

4 Thank oo_pipi_liz
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you sooooo much for your sweet message about our staff and about our hotel !! We had the pleasure to welcome you and it was our pleasure to help you as much as we can during your stay with us !!!
Thank you again !!!
We would be very happy to welcome you again in our hotel next time ! Until this time, we wish you all the best for the future !
Warmest regards from Paris !
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Neat hotel, small, well situated, close to the Metro Opera, in a very quiet neighbourhood (business area at daytime). Very clean, with all the essentials,new,with many restaurants nearby.
Didn't include breakfast, as it's taken in the lobby area, and it's sort of continental, and there are many boulangeries and cafeterias close by.

Room Tip: We stayed in a quadruple room (as a couple with two grown up children), with a king sofa bed in one...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RosEli_12
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you very much for your nice review about us ! It was a pleasure for us to welcome your in our small hotel and we will be happy to welcome you again next time you will be in Paris ! We wish you all the best for the future !
Very warm regards from Paris !
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

First, I want to echo everything else that everyone has said about the front desk staff, especially Aurelie. She, in particular, was wonderful. I even gave her a hug when I left because she made such an effort to make me feel at home. I will always remember her kindness!

Now, the hotel and room. The location was perfect. Close to the Roissy Bus, which makes arriving from CDG super easy and economical. It's also a quick cab ride to Gare du Nord for anyone taking the Eurostar. The hotel is centrally located but not in the middle of Tourist Central (a plus, in my opinion) with superb access to several Metro lines. Location gets an A+!

I was in a single room on the fourth floor. It was small, but larger than I expected. Plenty of room to set a suitcase. An area for hanging clothes. A refrigerator, large safe, small desk, and plenty of shelf space. The bed was larger than a twin and a bit smaller than a double... but very comfy with plenty of room for a single person. The room was very clean and the maid service was excellent. The room was relatively quiet with regard to noise coming from neighboring rooms... however, if there's any noise in the hallway whatsoever, you will hear it. There wasn't much sound coming from the street below, but I would recommend having a handy ear plugs to anyone staying in a boutique hotel, because noise will always be a potential factor.

The bathroom was small, but not TOO small. Again, I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it was larger than I expected. I'm tall, and I found that the shower had plenty of room. It was rectangular in shape, not square, and had EXCELLENT water pressure from a nice big shower head mounted high on the wall (but could be detached and hand-held if you wanted). The toilet seat was a bit small but, again, not too bad. There was a large liquid soap dispenser in the shower that was always full. I brought my own travel hair dryer, but there was one mounted on the bathroom wall just in case. According to the reviews, those dryers don't work very well, so I didn't even bother trying it. More counter space and a more normal-sized toilet seat would've been the only things on my wish list.

The wifi ended up working fine after an initial hiccup. The signal was very spotty at first, but Aurelie gave the system a bit of a reboot, and everything worked perfectly after that. And it's all totally free!

There is breakfast served in the morning in the basement of the hotel. It's "open" from 7am to 11am, I believe, which is a really generous window. The breakfast offers a very wide variety of options for a reasonable price. If you're looking for restaurant style... keep in mind that this is more continental. Juices, coffee/tea, pastries, cold meats, cereals, yogurts... etc... etc... all self-serve.

I loved the lobby of the hotel. It was a nice place to relax with a book after a long day of walking.

There is a monoprix just a block away, which is very handy for change, snacks, or any extras you might need.

Overall, this was fantastic bargain on so many levels. And the customer service was amazing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
11 Thank ProducerKaren
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you a thousand times for your lovely message about our hotel and about our staff ! It was a real pleasure having you and helping you during your stay in Paris ! It is very important for us to do our best for our guests to feel like at home ! Thank you again for your kind words !
We would be very happy to welcome you in the future !! Until this time, we wish you all the best !! Take care !
Warmest regards from Paris,