“Sooooo good”

Les Fils A Maman Paris Grands Boulevards
Reserve with
Les Fils A Maman Paris Grands Boulevards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,327 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: Once upon a time there were Alban, Julien, Laurent, Erwann and Nicolas five foodies, five real foodies, of the worst kind (the one that would 'kill' for an old-fashioned Blanquette of veal with some homemade chips or a sweet Tarte Tatin decorated with whipped cream).Five gourmets, basically amateurs, but who knew WHAT IS REALLY GOOD. Five nostalgics with bittersweet memories of their mum's cooking, simple and tasty at the same time, the one with real products, the one that you long for, the one that tastes GOOD... Yummy yummy... In summary this is the story of five mothers' sons who, because they like to eat and to eat right, got together to give birth to THEIR own restaurant, the one where the food is SIMPLY GOOD. And if you need to check that our food is GREAT, those four mummys' boys invite you to join them at 7 bis rue Geoffrey Marie, 9th district. NB: Lovers of deep-frozen food and canned peas are not welcome. The gourmet and authentic food is more efficient than whichever time-machine, and dives into a wonderful nostalgia...
Edmonton, Canada
“Sooooo good”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nothing to complain about great food and even better service won't be disappointed with anything The special was great it was the duck and the second time it was lamb. 2 thumbs up both nights

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
“Have to try the eggs”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The food and service is great Try they ribs very tasty . Had all the deserts and all very good. The food was so good the first time we went a second and was not disappointed

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“If you're looking for something different”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Five friends got together through the mutual love for good food and this restaurant was born. Very eclectic decor inside, which features items that each one of the guys grew up with. Photos from old times, figurines from Manga cartoons, from 30-35 off years ago, number plates .. all sorts, but now to the most important thing.

The menu is not overly complicated, but what they do they do well. I had baby-bell croquettes to start, which where served in a cute little pot with a little nice salad to go with. Absolutely delicious! My main was equally good and I was here with my wife and four french friends of mine and everyone was well impressed with the quality. We made sure to squeeze dessert in, I really enjoyed mine, however one of my friends at the table pointed out that her starter considering the price they were charging for it was nothing too special.

All in all we had a very enjoyable evening. Food was good, wine list was pretty decent, with wines nicely organised on the list offering you a nice range for prices between 20-25EUR, 25EUR-30EUR and above.

Another unique feature of this restaurant is that the guys that set it up, invite their mums to cook on particular nights. You have to eat whatever is on the menu that night!

• Visited June 2013
Paris
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Raw chicken”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Raw chicken. The worst thing that can happen to you in a restaurant.
We both ordered the cordon bleu. My girlfriend's was flawless. Mine was pink to begin with, and unedibly raw towads the centre. No worries, Mistakes can happen. what I was nonplussed by, was the disgraceful way this was handled.
We called the waiter, and politely pointed It out. Not a word was spoken, he just took the dish back. I actually expected to be given the choice between a fresh helping, or a different dish. But no, after a few minutes the very same came back. I cut it in two, and it was still raw! At this point we called the waitress nearby and explained. She pulled a face like she was sorry, but the words didn't actually come out. Apparently the French find it hard to apologise. She did, however, ask whether I wanted my dish take back to the kitchen again. But I said no, and we asked for the bill.
Needless to say, both cordon bleus features on it.
I suggest to avoid this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank phxrld80
Victoria, BC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“On the decline”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

A sure sign that a restaurant has peaked is when it stops caring about its customers. This place was made by TripAdvisor and now is riding this wave. Indeed this is why we "tried" to eat here. Our family of three went early for dinner and arrived to an empty restaurant with the exception of a few isolated tables off the main area. I speak fluent french but addressed them in english and it always amuses me when they talk among themselves in french assuming that the rest of humanity isnt able to learn more than one language. I will spare you the details but suffice it to say my small family wasnt a big enough group to earn a table in an empty restaurant. We were told they were fully booked. We went instead to great place called Bistro Panorama which was amazing food AND service. Walking back after over an hour later; the 4 fils still had many tables open. So if you are the Brady Brunch feel free to bring your brood to this place. If you actually want to be treated like you matter; there are 8000 other restaurants in Paris to choose from.

1 Thank rgialloreto