“Raw chicken”

Les Fils A Maman Paris Grands Boulevards
Reserve with
Les Fils A Maman Paris Grands Boulevards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,868 of 18,218 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: Once upon a time there were Alban, Julien, Laurent, Erwann and Nicolas five foodies, five real foodies, of the worst kind (the one that would 'kill' for an old-fashioned Blanquette of veal with some homemade chips or a sweet Tarte Tatin decorated with whipped cream).Five gourmets, basically amateurs, but who knew WHAT IS REALLY GOOD. Five nostalgics with bittersweet memories of their mum's cooking, simple and tasty at the same time, the one with real products, the one that you long for, the one that tastes GOOD... Yummy yummy... In summary this is the story of five mothers' sons who, because they like to eat and to eat right, got together to give birth to THEIR own restaurant, the one where the food is SIMPLY GOOD. And if you need to check that our food is GREAT, those four mummys' boys invite you to join them at 7 bis rue Geoffrey Marie, 9th district. NB: Lovers of deep-frozen food and canned peas are not welcome. The gourmet and authentic food is more efficient than whichever time-machine, and dives into a wonderful nostalgia...
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Raw chicken. The worst thing that can happen to you in a restaurant.
We both ordered the cordon bleu. My girlfriend's was flawless. Mine was pink to begin with, and unedibly raw towads the centre. No worries, Mistakes can happen. what I was nonplussed by, was the disgraceful way this was handled.
We called the waiter, and politely pointed It out. Not a word was spoken, he just took the dish back. I actually expected to be given the choice between a fresh helping, or a different dish. But no, after a few minutes the very same came back. I cut it in two, and it was still raw! At this point we called the waitress nearby and explained. She pulled a face like she was sorry, but the words didn't actually come out. Apparently the French find it hard to apologise. She did, however, ask whether I wanted my dish take back to the kitchen again. But I said no, and we asked for the bill.
Needless to say, both cordon bleus features on it.
I suggest to avoid this restaurant.

1  Thank phxrld80

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

A sure sign that a restaurant has peaked is when it stops caring about its customers. This place was made by TripAdvisor and now is riding this wave. Indeed this is why we "tried" to eat here. Our family of three went early for dinner and arrived to an empty restaurant with the exception of a few isolated tables off the main area. I speak fluent french but addressed them in english and it always amuses me when they talk among themselves in french assuming that the rest of humanity isnt able to learn more than one language. I will spare you the details but suffice it to say my small family wasnt a big enough group to earn a table in an empty restaurant. We were told they were fully booked. We went instead to great place called Bistro Panorama which was amazing food AND service. Walking back after over an hour later; the 4 fils still had many tables open. So if you are the Brady Brunch feel free to bring your brood to this place. If you actually want to be treated like you matter; there are 8000 other restaurants in Paris to choose from.

1  Thank rgialloreto
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This restaurant is again one of those experiences I will not easily forget, but will most happily repeat on a next occasion : it's filled with a very lively buzz.

I realy appreciated its liveliness, its noise, but even more its food which reminded me of former meals with my kids, varying from hamburgers to roasted chicken.
The menu was presented on black/school boards on the walls, or in paper "cahiers".

If you can enjoy this environment, void of any pretention and nose-in-the-air attitudes, you'll spent a nice evening here.

Good value for money and an excellent service.

Reserve you must, eat well you will :-)

1  Thank Patrick G
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a very cool restaurant with nice staff and good food!
The most interesting thing is the decoration :)
Go there if you want to spend a nice evening with a glass of wine and a bunch of friends...

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Fully booked at our first try, but we were able to book for the next evening. A lively, noisy, crowded and popular spot, with friendly and helpful staff. Food was good and reasonably priced. A nice bottle of Bourgeuil and two courses for three at 120Eu. Duck breast was particularly good.