“A huge disappointment”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Le Petit Bordelais features regular in the restaurant columns of French newspapers and magazines. This chic fine dining restaurant is between les Invalides and the Eiffel Tower. The décor is sophisticated and the service warm and welcoming.There is a definate South West influence in the regularly changing menu, for example the side of beef in a Bordeaux sauce.
“A huge disappointment”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had booked this restaurant after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and was looking forward to a nice treat as it was my Birthday evening and I was in Paris. What a disappointment the food was though.
The wine was excellent and the starter was good but I ordered the monkfish for the main and my boyfriend ordered the lamb. The lamb came and was way overdone with burnt aubergine cannelloni too. The monkfish which was chewy and stringy. Who likes chewy fish?! Trying not to be disappointed we sent both dishes back in to the kitchen. My boyfriend's dish to the restaurant's credit was totally new and tasted lovely, but the monkfish had simply been tidied up on the plate and the same fish was brought out!!! Still grosse and over cooked.
We decided not to say anything else and enjoy the wine. No effort was made by the waiter to check on whether the meal was ok. I may not be French but I know when my food is overcooked and this was a bad dish.
The only redeeming factor of this restaurant was the great wine. I would not recommend coming here to anyone. We left without leaving any tip at all and I NEVER do that!

3 Thank Lenither

florida
“Fabulous food, pretty restaurant great service”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife. And I had a superb dinner this week at LPB. Started with Chantarelle appetizer followed by excellent veal. For dessert we had blueberry soufflé and tart tatin. Everything was excellently prepared. Chef Phillipe is extremely personable and takes great pride in his restaurant. Would definitely recommend.

2 Thank spinesrgn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our FAVOURITE restaurant in Paris!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away in a quaint corner of the septieme arrondissement, Le Petit Bordelais was the most wonderful surprise of our trip. We would never have found it but for the recommendation of our concierge.

Adorable atmosphere, impeccable service, good wine list and incredible food are guaranteed. The owner himself visits every table to make each guest feel at home. "Le fois gras de canard" was flawless and "Le Lapin" was one of the most inspired entrees of my life - rabbit done 3 ways with lovely sautéed chanterelles. Finish with a fresh-made soufflé and an evening stroll. Heavenly.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Justin H
Melbourne, Australia
“Must do in Invalides”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Chose restaurant from reviews and was not disappointed. Made a reservation for same night, and recommend you do this as many people were turned away. John Dory was the best ever had, if you are into fish please try this dish. Wine was recommended by waiter, could not fault it. The chef came to our table to chat and enquire if our meal was ok, this really added to the experience. And his complementary caneles are to die for.

Calgary, Canada
“a memorable anniversary dinner”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

For our 45th anniversary dinner we were at Le Petit Bordelais with friends. What a great dinner. The menu was varied and easy to find items which appealed to us. Service was excellent and the chef visited our table for some enjoyable conversation. The restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside but believe me, but if it's authentic French cuisine and service you desire the you owe it to yourself to make a reservation for a wonderful meal. We would definitely go to this restaurant again

• Visited September 2013