“Good value in good location”

My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture
Ranked #1,104 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Bloomington, Indiana
“Good value in good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Overall great value in a good location. The twin room was quite small for two people with luggage-- especially when we had to duck under the shelf with hanging rack to to walk around the bed. There was not really a place to put two small suitcases. The bathroom door did not close and the shower light did not work (and the only soap was in the shower). The room was clean and quiet and the shower worked well. The beds were comfortable. The front desk staff was mixed- some were very helpful and others were quite annoyed when asked for assistance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear guest,

First, we really thank you for your comments about our hotel.
We hope you enjoy your stay in Paris.
Sorry for some inconvenience and technical problems and we will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Do not hesitate to come back again so as to see the difference.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Greek first
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Got a great deal for two nights in March 2014. Chose this location due to proximity to locations near boutiques in Le Marais.

Clean room and friendly staff. One weird thing is that they request you to leave the room key when you leave the hotel for the day. Maybe they only have one set of keys for the guest and cleaning staff? We stayed on the top floor (6th floor) in room 61 and the small elevator which can either fit 2 people very snuggly or 1 person + 1 roller was usable.

Noticed that the room didn't have A/C, so I'm sure the room will get hot during the summer months, although the room did have a fan you could plugin.

Market is around the corner for groceries and there is a wonderful boulangerie right next door. I didn't opt for the breakfast (I believe they were charging 12euro per person).

Overall, I would stay here again for the price I paid.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Good afternoon,

We really thank you for your comments. It is really helpful for as to improve our structure.
About the key, it is more for security and safety. It enables you to not forget it somewhere.
For the moment, we do not have a A/C; but we will have one soon.
The breakfast is extra but if you make the reservation directly with the hotel we can include it in the price.

Feel free to come back again.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I would like to say THANK YOU to the amazing & efficient staff of My Hotel in France Le Marais (special to the manager, PANDUKA!. Efficient and welcoming staff, good English, very helpful whatever your request. THANK YOU!

Hotel is modern & brand new (compared to most hotels of the same price in Le Marais, best hotel for the price in the area, you usually get old, dodgy and tired rooms and hotels..), bed very comfortable, clean clean clean!

The PERFECT hotel for solo travelers or couples.

GREAT value for money, never got this before for that price in Le Marais (and I always book in Le Marais) and usually, for that price, you get old and tired hotels & rooms.

Very MODERN, brand new and very very clean room.

Comfortable bed.

Amazing staff, very helpful whatever the request (and time! ;-) ), especially the manager Panduka - special thanks! ;-) -. They would even let me use the kitchen appliances and store my food in the fridge! thank you again.

Location is amazing, in between Le Marais St Paul/Bastille & Republique. Also close to amazing shopping areas, best bars & restaurants and... best pastries and boulangeries in Paris (check the croissants & baguettes at 134 rue de Turenne, miles away from the hotel!) & chocolatier Jacques Genin, accross the street!

Convenience store opened until 3 am is located JUST down the building.

Perfect, thank you, would definitely recommend it to anyone willing an hotel in Le Marais. I will come back again next Summer!

Didn't get to try the breakfast but when in Paris, I would strongly recommend you to go grab a croissant in a local boulangerie :) (Yes, I am French by the way).

Room Tip: I didn't get to see any other room but room 62 was perfect :)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Good afternoon,

We really really thank you for your friendly and nice comments.
We are pleased to know that you enjoy your stay in My Hotel and you can see all the things you wanted.
Panduka appreciate your comments about him and he really thank you.

Do not hesitate to come back again and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours sincerely,
Mountain View, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Although it was very convenient to visit any central area in Paris, I was not happy to change a room because of blocked drain in shower. I should've stayed more decent hotels not to ruin my weekend away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SunSook
Hello,

We take note of your advice and we apologize for the technical problem,

We hope that you had a great trip in Paris,

Do not hesitate to come back again in our hotel and we will make a gesture for you,

Best regards,

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

My colleague and I stayed in this hotel while in town for a trade show and were both pleasantly surprised by what was on offer. The hotel is very conveniently located and the rooms were clean and comfortable. They are small, so don't think you're getting a massive suite, but this is in the heart of Paris so the compact size is to be expected. The staff were helpful and pleasant were all fluent in English which is a help when you only speak broken high school French. The breakfast isn't going to change your life, but it is convenient, and there are also lots of other decent restaurants in the area. All in all, somewhere I would definitely consider staying here again when next in Paris.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Good morning,

First of all, we want really to thank you for you great opinion about our structure.
We enjoyed that your stay in our hotel was good and we hope that you enjoy your trip in Paris.
Feel free to come back again !

See you soon,

Paris
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Good location and very tidy and nice room. Bathroom was very small and not very high.If you are over 180cm you cannot stand upright in shower.A short shower moistened the whole room and water was trickle down on windown in room, due to no properly door brw bathroom and room. Anyway I can highly recommend this room definitely value foor money.Nice people in reception and breakfastroom.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank your for telling your opinion about our structure. It really help so as to improve the quality of the hotel and its services.
We are sorry about the small size of the hotel but it usually the case for hotel located in Paris.
Feel free to come back again and you will see some differences.

regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights this past weekend. Clean and functional. The people at the front desk were very warm. It's very central, which is very helpful for getting around. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jonathan T
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your great opinion about our hotel and your stay in it.
I hope you enjoy your trip in Paris and do not hesitate to come back again at my hotel le marais.