“Value for Money”

Ranked #1,071 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Manchester
“Value for Money”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

First visit to Paris and MFIH offered value for money. Staff excellent, very helpful, especially Camille and Panduka. Clean hotel, good room service each day. Good location, near Metro and many god bars and restaurant within a few minutes walk. Breakfast, packed lunch both adequate plus 1 hour free WiFi, another bonus.

Down side to the hotel was the shower screen which resulted in very wet bathroom floor. Silly position of shelf/hanging space which meant we had to move bed to prevent banging your shoulder on the bed everytime you walked round the room. Biggest problem was lack of aircon and in temperatures above 30 degrees you needed the windows open at night, and busy road traffic prevented you from sleeping.

Would book the hotel again though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Diane ,

Thank for your nice comment about your stay in Le My Hotel In France Le Marais.
We are pleased to know that you enjoy your stay even if there was a problem with your shower.
We that the fact we don't have Air Conditionning is not really convinient especially this summer with the hot temperature in Paris at the moment.
We hope to see you again if you plan to visit Paris and will be so pleased to welcome you like we did it for your first stay.

Firdaous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
Auckland
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Which is the smallest room in the world, an ant would feel claustrophobic and even prisoners at Guantanamo Bay would feel the need to complain. BUT it is good value for money, good wifi, beds comfortable however no air con, noisy room, so it would be good in winter when Paris has a no cars day. Not very good for the Metro as only on one line.

• Stayed July 2013
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thanks you for your charming comment about our hotel. We will be pleased to welcome you again as soon as possible.

Moscow
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay at MyHotel Marais. So, thanks to junior manager Panduka hotels reputation was saved. Other staff doesn't afraid reviews, so, they are not right. Mr Panduka provide with better room - wifi connection was good, nothing, especially lamp above the bed, wasn't broken, it wasn't stinky, and even presented me a bottle of champaign for the rude speech of previous resectionist - so solid 3 points for 3 stars hotel. My advise - ask about rooms 62,52,32, and be very careful with all rooms on the 4th floor - the hight of ceiling there only 1.90 m. Room 65 is worth in a whole hotel. But - if you want quite - it doesn't working with this hotel, all rooms looking for the road, so it is noisy, especially at the evening and early night. Normal price for the room is 190 euro, I think even I paid over (it was 106 euro a night). They need refresh the building inside and do something with smallest shower.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Moscow
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

It was my first stay here. I chosen this hotel only by TripAdvisor ranking. But I was disappointed. This is not 3 stars hotel, 2 stars or even less. Smelt of canalisation and damp. Very small room - I was single but for 2 person it's...not possible stay there. Smallest bathroom, downhill floor, low ceiling, horrible bedding - all this created very bad experience. I don't know who make this good ranks, but I have been at different Parisian hotels from 2 to 5 stars, and this hotel is worth one.

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Excellent location, clean and comfortable hotel with decent breakfast. Reception and breakfast staff friendly. Best factor is central PAris location...Le Marais is a busy traditional Parisian sector within easy walking distance of Beaubourg/Pompidou Centre, Canal St Martin, Ile de la Cite/Notre Dame. But not that noisy at night
Negative....tiny, claustrophobic lift. Could be a problem for those on higher floors

Room Tip: Stay low and walk up stairs if you are claustrophobic
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Southseabeach
firdaous1, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your comment about your stay in our hotel.
It was a pleasure for all the staff to welcome and help you during this moment.
Sorry for the little lift in the hotel but it's convinient when your room is in our top level !
We will be pleased to welcome you again in the My Hotel In France Le Marais.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Reception staff were friendly but others not so.

I know Paris rooms are small, but the shower tray with a curtains around was very small - the sink overhung it. The room also slopped so as long as you like your feet elevated it was fine! Only one cup available for making coffee so we had to acquire one from reception EACH day. We quickly gave up bothering

Breakfast was not available on Saturday with no apology just a short "there isn't any"

No lunch for us available for our trip and the wifi didn't reach our room

All in all - ok but I wouldn't rush back. I'd look for better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look for better value elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your visit in our hotel. Also, we apologize for the different problems during your stay and we will fix it. You can also contact us about these issues in order to talk about it.

Tokyo
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the Paris Airshow on June17th and 18th, believing the good reviews in this and other sites. The day of our arrival was ok. Rooms are small and the building is old, but this is central Paris with great location.
The next morning I wake up to see insects crawling in my room. Their sizes varying from half inch to an inch, and brown. I put my glasses on to take a closer look, and I realize that they are cockroaches. They were on a desk, in bathroom, in my bed, in a tea cup, toothbrush... pretty much all over the room. I saw at least 10 of then in a span of 15 minutes. I have stayed in numerous hotels in my life - some were awful, like the ones in Bangladesh or Jakarta that were outright disgusting. But they did not cost 150 euro per night like this "My Hotel In France Le Marais".
So I took photos and complained, and the lady at the reception told me that I would get a call from the hotel manager since I had to go for meetings. I was waiting for that call all day at the air show but it never came. Upon my return, the hotel changed my room to an insect-free one. But there were no apologies nor a word from the manager. My colleague arrived later that evening only to check into the roaches infested room...
Highly recommended to those who love to sleep with insects.

Room Tip: ask for a room for normal people.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hungryman127
Good afternoon,

We are so pleased to know that you enjoy your stay in Paris in our hotel but we are also surprised by this incident concerning the insect in your room and we apologize for this.. Our team will fix it as soon as possible.
However, we will be pleased to welcome you again in the My Hotel In France Le Marais.

Best Regards,