“small but clean”

My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture
Ranked #1,025 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Room (and bathroom) was warm and clean but small.Hotel in a good location with many restauran and bisto near and very close to metro station (line 8), that drives you directly to sights like Eifel tower and opera.Staff was friendly and helpfull.Good breakfast but in small area.Also very small elevator.But generally i think that if you have an idea of hotels in the centre of paris,this one may be a good choice without any bad surprise.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dimrobo
0140290133, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Bonjour from Paris,

Thank you very much to share your experience in our hotel from Greece.

My hotel In France Le Marais Hotel is situated in the real city center. Next to main metro lines, fews steps away from monuments, restaurants, bars and famous places.

When you make your reservation in our official website you take advantage of packages and discount..Best prices and All For You offer.

Do not hesitate to contact us, we will be very happy to welcome you soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The location is good, 2 minutes from metro station.
The room was not as small as I imagined reading the reviews, we had a confortable double bed, a table with 2 chars, limited space to hang our clothes. No mini-bar and no seif unfortunatelly. The bathroom was of convenient size, the sink and bathtub were too small though, making the washing quite difficult. As there was no door to the bathroom, you could see your room-mate on the closet!!

The lowest point of this hotel is breakfast: we had the same old croissants and old bread all 5 mornings! Even though the menu was limited: just bread, croissants, cheese, butter and jams, it would have been OK if they were fresh, but not, they were serving the same croissants as the previous days. They do offer that lunch box, which is really nice but it does not compensate the bad breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dafyda

Bonjour,

Thank you to have taking time to send us your observations.

We are surprised about your feedback concerning the buffet breakfast we offer to you every day.
The majority of our costumers are enjoyed about our breakfast. We really recommend you to tell us direcly when something is not providing you entirely satisfaction our front desk reception is open 24 hours.

Every day our baker bring us fresh cooking french viennoiserie as croissant , pain au chocolat, pain au raisin with 3 different sort bread.

Do not hesitate to contact me personaly, I will be very happy to take care of your next stay.
Get the best prices on our official website.

Rachid Oumakhlouf hotel Manager, with all My Hotel In France Le Marais Team

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Yes, the wifi was excellent. Extremely poor soundproofing. Apparently, when in room 3, all waste water pipes pass through the paper thin walls of this room. All conversations were quite clear in the next room which I believe was number 16. Room is inadequately illuminated. Express breakfast is just a euphemism for a marginal breakfast. Not sure there is much point to handing out those mediocre lunches.

Room Tip: don't accept room number three unless you enjoy listening to running water.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David E
0140290133, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Bonjour,

Thank you to have taking time to send us your feedback.

Unfortunately your stay with us did not provide you whole satisfaction. We are sorry about that.
In any case of technical problem, someone is available 24h to find an adequate solution. Reparing, cleaning or changing room, we are able to do. The most important fo us is to satisfy you. There is no situation without solution, this is why our team is available at anytime.

Our hotel was under renovation from begining of January month, 8 more rooms was refresh with new bathroom. Guest we thank you in advance to inform us as soon as something feel wrong.
My Hotel In France Le Marais Paris is a comfortable place simple but full equipped and clean rooms.

Get the best prices on our official website.

Rachid Oumakhlouf hotel Manager, with all My Hotel In France Le Marais Team

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I cannot begin to describe how much I hated this hotel. We made our booking online ans when we got there Maurice could not find it in the computer. Twenty minutes later of making all four of us sweat he realizes that we are technically already checked in and thus why he couldn't find us. We had booked two doubles for 4 people. Maurice gave us a room with one bed barely larger than a twin bed (definitely smaller than a full size). According to him that was a double. When I went to complain he threatened me with 'do you want to switch hotels' knowing that at 11pm that was obviously not going to happen. I could have certainly done without the attitude.

Ultimately he had indeed given us a small room but because the hotel was overbooked and that was all they had left. This mistake forced us to change rooms the next night again.

The rooms leave barely enough room to walk around the beds. The bathrooms are SMALL and the bfast was very ordinary. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Roman A
0140290133, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Madame Monsieur bonjour,

First we are so sorry that your experience with us was not the quality one expected.
We want to apologies about the wrong attitude of one of our staff member who is not proved has a professional. I mean, we should be able to welcome our guest at anytime 24h/24h and also to provide the best quality of services.
We have different kind of rooms, single rooms, with big bed, double and twin beds rooms , also family room. We must provide to client, the rooms they booked.

We want to thank you also about your feedback concerning the situation and cleaning. You rate us 5 stars as the maximum, Merci.

I really hope to welcome you again soon to show you how we are professional and happy to meet and welcome people from all around the world.
I will be happy to welcome you by myself.

Best regards,

Rachid Oumakhlouf hotel Manager.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Staff at the reception - very friendly and helpful. This is a nice hotel for a reasonable price (especially when people are going to meet New Year) - very good location, just few steps away from metro station. Double room although quite small, was comfortable and clean, with shower and all basic equipment. Breakfast was OK. All in all, we recommend to anyone who is going to Paris and looking for a budget accomodation.

Room Tip: Room 31 was small but nice!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Iveta I
0140290133, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Bonjour from Paris,

Thank you very much to have share your nice experience in our hotel.

My hotel In France Le Marais is situated in the real city center. Next to main metro lines, fews steps away from monuments, restaurants, bars and famous places.

Book your hotel room in our official website to take advantage of packages and discount..
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will be very happy to welcome you soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited Paris for Christmas and stayed at My Hotel Marais for 5 nights. Whilst the hotel itself is quite basic/average, the staff really make the place. Throughout our stay we encountered very friendly and helpful staff who were always happy to help.
As others have said, the lift is very small - i.e. one person with one suitcase filled it. However the bedroom we had was a good size. Everything was clean as expected. We booked a double and received two single beds pushed together - I suppose this was acceptable, but I wouldn't normally expect this. The shower head was unfortunately broken from the handle attaching it to the wall, so we had to shower in quite awkward positions! On our final day we found there was a bit of an ant problem in the room as well.
We only had breakfast once and it was very good. However I would find that having it 5 days in a row would get a bit boring. We chose to eat on the go on the other days - there is a great little bakery next door.
The location of the hotel was something we had trouble with. It is a short walk to the nearest subway station, however it is only on one line and we found ourselves frustrated that we had to change at the next stop.
I would recommend the hotel for a budget, basic hotel. The staff will make your stay very good. Just make sure you are happy with the location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wombattoo
0140290133, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Bonjour from My Hotel In France Le Marais Paris,

We thank you very much to have taking your time to share your great experience in My Hotel In France Le Marais Paris. All our team is really happy to receive your feedback form United Kingdom.

Location : Our hotel is situated in the marais area wich is 5 minutes walk to the famous Place des Vosges, Bastille Opéra place, to enjoy a real parisian experience.

Do not forget to find our best offers and prices in our official website.

Do not hesitate to contact us, we will be very happy to take care of your next stay.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My son and I stayed at My Hotel in France le Marais for a week in November. As most reviews suggest, it is a small Parisien hotel, so one should be in no way surprised at the small rooms and the small lift. It's to be expected. The pluses are location and nice petit dejeuner. The boxed lunch is a bit silly in a place with amazing food like Paris all around you. Best tip is the patisserie next door with the almond croissants. Best thing I ate all week! And the staff are helpful for recommending and booking reservations nearby. Go and enjoy the city of lights!

Room Tip: Higher floors are farther from the noise on the streets
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
0140290133, Directeur général at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Bonjour Madame from Paris My Hotel In France Le Marais,

Happy New Year,

We thank you very much for your feedback, we are happy that you appreciate your stay in our hotel.

Do not hesitate to contact us for anything. Remember that best price and offers are on our official website.

We remain at your disposal Madam, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards.