“Not impressed”

Ranked #1,076 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Very small rooms, representing prison cells in my opinion. Why do they not have any doors fitted to the bathrooms? If you share a double you are hardly going to want to use the toilet with your partner/husband etc in the same room as you? Had a nasty experience of a power cut whilst staying there and fell out of the shower as the rooms are practically in darkness to the back of the building. My accident was due to being unable to see and the staff did not seem at all concerned. So I am back home with a black eye, split head and a suspected cracked rib. Also, I was very concerned that there was no fire escape in the building. The instructions in the hotel do not help and apparently you have to shout out the window for assistance if you can not access the main stairs! I have taken note of the other reviews on this site and I am not being bitter due to a bad experience. Just feel that this hotel is not safe and is bad value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank penny m
0140290133, General Manager at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Bonjour from My Hotel In France Le Marais Paris,

Thank you to have send us your feedback on tripadvisor. I understand reading your message that some criterias were not been equal to your expectations. I am really sorry about that. Our hotel is in the real city center, some of our rooms are typical size as a lot of parisian hotel. Some others rooms are trully bigger. We are happy that you appreciate the location, the cleaness and also the service we proposee.

During your stay we are available 24 hours a day at the front desk reception, I attend every day too to make sure to provide better solutions when you have particular needs.

Do not hesitate to contact me personaly, I will be very happy to take care of your next stay .
Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A very good well situated hotel with metro only five minutes away.Rooms are small but well equipted with modern fittings.Quiet and a staff that are very helpful and frriendly. A plus is the breakfast inclusive and a free lunch box every day with a sandwich,bottle of water and an apple .Ideal for those wanting to have just a light lunch whilst visiting sights.No air conditioning but fans are available in every room.Spent hot August week their without any discomfort. Returning November for another week.

Room Tip: Go for a twin 5th or 6th floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mapmad_10
0140290133, General Manager at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Bonjour Monsieur,

We thank you very much for your message of encouragement. This is à really nice thing for us when you share your great experience in My Hotel In France Le Marais.

We will be very happy to welcome you again soon. Do not hesitate to contact us directly to take advantage of our best rates and conditions.

With our best regards Sir.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is nothing to write home about - its very functional and (most importantly) clean...but its main selling points are its outstanding location (right in the heart of the Marais) and the price. Rooms were comfortable and bathroom functional...small shower with shower curtain not to my liking but I stayed for one night so its not something to complain about. A bargain hotel which should be considered if you're interested in staying in the Marais.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side of the building will likely be noisier than those at the back (with no view...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
0140290133, General Manager at My Hotel in France le Marais by HappyCulture, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Bonjour Monsieur from My Hotel In France Le Marais Paris,

First we want to thank you very much to have taking time to share your experience of your stay with us. We are trying to do the best to make our guest happy.

We are all remaining at your disposal and we really hope to welcome you again..

Singapore
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel located near Marais area. The hustle and bustle of Marais is just a short walk away. Close to 2 metro stations which is a 5 min walk to both although walking back at night can be a little scary for some as it gets really quiet and deserted although I've not once encountered anything untoward despite walking back past 10 pm every night I was in Paris. Staff were friendly and the simple lunch box is a nice touch. Wifi connection is good even from the room and the fan is a novel inclusion for a room without air con esp during the sweltering heat of summer. But here's the problem. If you sleep with your windows opened, the noise from the traffic is gonna keep you awake at night and wake you up early in the morning. Hotel is close to the main bus line. So, it's a nice hotel in a nice and not-overly-touristy location but the traffic noise can be a problem for some.

• Stayed August 2012
Monsieur bonjour from Paris,

We are sincerely happy to read your feedback and we thank you very much to share your great experience in My Hotel In France Le Marais. We are trying to do the best to make our guest happy. Our hotel is really central in the Marais area and easy access to monuments and the real city center. Shops, restaurants, metro stations are all very close.

The Marais Area is a safe and secure district, really nice for family, business and tourism.

Hope to welcome you again soon,

dublin
Reviewed August 20, 2012

A gem of a hotel in Le Maris.After several trips to Paris,it was our first time staying in this neighbourhood.I'd certainly stay here and in this hotel again.
Only downside was that our 2nd floor room was street side so was a little noisy.I'd request a room at the back of the hotel in future.Other than that,no complaints...I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Bonjour from My Hotel In France Le Marais Paris,

Thank you very much to have share your nice experience in our hotel. We are really happy to read your feedback from DUBLIN !

Your message is really appreciate from all of us.
We will be very happy to welcome you again very soon, do not hesitate to contact me personaly for your next stay, I will be honored to announce you all our gratitude.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Rachid Oumakhlouf, hotel manager with My Hotel In France Le Marais Team
Venezia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel offers a very good location (2 minutes from froissart metro station) and it does include breakfast (although a really modest one) in the room's price, but our room was very small; the bathroom was even smaller and the shower doesn't have glass panels but only curtains. During the shower it's very easy to throw water out. The room also doesn't have air conditioning, but only a fan. It lacked even a fridge. Noises from the street can be very annoying, considering that in the street nearby there is a nocturnal line of the bus, so you hear rumbling motors all the night long. Noises came also from adjacent rooms.
Staff is nice and there is a computer near the lobby and wireless in the rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anthenores
Monsieur bonjour from Paris My Hotel In France Le Marais,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you also to have share your experience in our hotel.
We are happy to receive your message from your beautiful city Venezia.

All our team is remaining at your disposal and we really hope to welcome you again very soon.

Hotel manager
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Where to start? This isn't exactly my definition of a hotel. This felt more like a glorified hostel, than a hotel. The moment I stepped into the lobby, it really didn't feel hotel'ish. There was no air-conditioning. The lobby was cramped. And the lobby elevator could barely fit a luggage and one other person.

As for the room itself, calling it small would be an overstatement. It was TINY! Anything larger than a carry on luggage would have been too big. Of course, similar to the lobby, there was no air-conditioning in the room. We had a small little fan to keep us cool, but the room was unusually hot. I suppose that was to be expected considering it was summer. You could open up the window, but it was extremely noisy outside. We were on the 1st floor. I honestly did not get my sleep after the 1st night. Finally, what made me realize that it was time to switch was the roach we found in the shower. That was it, I had enough. We were suppose to stay there for 4 nights, but quickly cancelled after the 1st night and moved on to Novotel. Best decision ever!

This was bordering on a one star, but I thought that would be too harsh. Again, read the reviews, even the negative ones in great detail, because they do depict the reality of what the pictures do not show. I'm frankly quite shocked at some of the 4-5 star comments. I have no idea how ANYBODY could rate this a 4-5 star. It is NOWHERE close to that.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more and get a hotel with air-conditioning, especially during the summer.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Simon L
Bonjour Madame,

Thank you to have send us your feedback on tripadvisor. I do not ignore your visible disappointment but I do not understand at all. You would have to announce us your faintness, we shall have found the solutions to make your stay in better and good conditions. We are available 24 hours a day at the front desk reception.

Do not hesitate to contact me personaly, I will be very happy to find the best solution for your next stay.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels