“I will definitely NOT go back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Cosy

Hotel Cosy
Ranked #1,459 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Prague, Czech Republic
“I will definitely NOT go back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed in a double room with shared bathroom. The reason we did choose this hotel was despite having bad reviews, this hotel is in Lonely Planet. So, we took the chance and we regreted it. A lot of reviews mentioned about the noises because of the location of the hotel which is at the corner of busy roads and intersections. Actually, the noises from outside was nothing compared to the hotel's noisy doors.

Our most disappointed time with the hotel was one night in room #7. They gave us this room because we checked-in very late. Just out of courtesy, we emailed them to notify that we would be checking in late. So, they placed us in room #7 for one night. This room is probably worse than my storage room. It is located just above the hotel entrance. The room was small but we didn't mind about the size. It was soooo.... smelly, stuffy, dusty, dark. It was so bad that it gave us headache. Even the window didn't shut well. We had sleepless night. We didn't enjoy our first day in Paris. Even for my husband who is a fast and easy sleep, he had problem sleeping in room #7.

The next day, they moved us to a room on 3rd floor and looked like it was their standard double room. The bathroom was just in front of our room. The room was much better than room #7 (nothing can be worse than #7). They only had 2 showers in total; 1 shower on level 2 and 3, and one toilet on level 1, 2 and 3 which we shared with so many rooms. Sometime, we had to be in a long queue for the showers. Toilets were not clean, maybe because they only cleaned it once in the morning. The shower in level 3 was badly clogged.

Well, I guess for Paris with this price was an OK budget room, of course if you are not staying in room #7 (This room is charged the same as their other better rooms. Surprise surprise...). I prepared for the worse when taking the chance to stay here but it was just worse than what I expected. Definitely I will rather pay more than staying here again. Overall, my stay in Paris in this hotel was very tiring.

The only good thing is the location. It's very near to a metro station.

If you decide to stay here anyway (double room with lavatory - bathroom outside), here are my tips:
- Don't let them know if you will check-in late. If the rooms are full, they will give you room #7. This is the worse. Your trip in Paris would be a nightmare.
- When you make a booking, make sure you leave a message to NOT give you room #7.

Room Tip: Avoid room #7!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank arkzymug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Nicosia, Cyprus
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

the hotel was horrible!
the room small, smelly, no elevator, so it was a challenge getting bags to your room but most disgusting is the toilet was without a door!!! just with a curtain over it!
i stayed in the other hotel for the same price and they were 5 star quality compared to this one :(((

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank korova83

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

I spent 6 nights at the Hotel Cosy. I was fond of my cozy little room, which was conveniently located across the hall from the toilet and shower on the top floor (up a long, winding flight of stairs). The bedroom had a sink and mirror in it, which was nice. The toilet room was clean enough, the shower room is full of black mold...ick (seems common in Paris, though.) The staff, while friendly, was not too helpful with directions, etc.- perhaps due to language barriers. The hotel is located a good distance from central Paris - not so great - yet the neighborhood seems quite safe and pleasant, even at night. Noisy streets, bring earplugs for sleeping!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

Small hotel that is incredibly conveniently located right opposite an underground station. If you're planning to explore and not planning to spend all your time in the room, this is a great option.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Gold Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

The rooms are so small as are the showers and toilet you cant get past each other and we were upgraded to an ensuite room cant imagine what the cheaper rooms are like. Had to sleep with earplugs due to traffic noise to be honest We would rather sleep in our Citroen Picasso and spend $50on seeing Paris this is a DUMP

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank weststigers
ktsy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2009

On my way out the evening after my stay (they held on to my bag for me at no charge while I wandered about the city that day), I asked about the easiest way to get to the Gare du Nord. The gentlemen at the desk explained that if I had time, the bus would be the easiest way to avoid clambering up and down stairs with my bag, and then walked me out to the bus stop to make sure I was headed the right way! I as a little worried, given some of the reviews here. It's an inexpensive Parisian hotel, so that means no lift, small rooms, and thin walls, which I gather are the basis of most complaints. But my room was clean and bright, and ear plugs solved any and all noise problems. Perhaps not the best location for a first-time visitor to Paris, but I found it a pleasant neighborhood and very convenient, as it's located close to the Nation stop.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank ktsy
west virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

hotel cozy was an incredilbe dump! very disappointing t say the least! had to take luggage up dirty dark spiral like staircase to the first floor(which is actually the second floor) As soon as i opened the door me and my girlfriend were both amazed at what a dump the room was. floor was very dirty( had to wipe feet with washcloth after getting in bed). just a chair. no table,phone,etc. ALSO, the window was partially busted out and someone simply tried to put cardboard over it which left glass in the floor in the room and outside on the windowseal (i have pictures if you need them) heat did not work AT ALL. i woke up the first three mornings with such a sore throat that i couldn't hardly drink water or clear my throat! That's how cold it was!!! Had to sleep with sweaters,coats,etc. Then after about the third day i was told we had to move because they promised that room to someone else and delivered a matress on the floor in an adjacent room. no apologies,etc. then said that they would move our bags if we pack them, so we did. the next day the very rude french lady with dark hair in her thirties told us the other desk worker lied to us and we had to move our bags immediately! that room was a little bit better (still dirty floors,etc. also, no heat and windows had a 4 inch gap that still let air in, but at least it was not broken out. did replace towels about every day. bathrooms were dirty and dingy. people left it a mess or no one cleaned not sure, but was appalled when saw the deuche bottle left leaking on the sink!!!!!! not located near tourist sites or any restaurants. about a half hour away on metro! also, tried to overcharge me when they forced us to change rooms until i questioned them!!!!! i absolutely would not recommend this hotel to anyone and if you do choose it and it sucks then say to yourself,"hey he tried to warn me"!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple