“Subtle perfection of French good cooking.”

La Brasserie du Louvre
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
La Brasserie du Louvre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #470 of 18,002 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: A bright and lively brasserie with pale yellow walls and dark wood with gold fittings, Brasserie du Louvre has a typical Parisian atmosphere. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are served daily. Traditional French cuisine with seasonal variations and a menu that changes monthly is created by Executive Chef Mehdi Corthier. The a la carte menu features fresh seafood and regional specialities. During the summertime the terrace is filled with flowers and it is possible to sit and enjoy the view from the Place de Palais Royal across to the Comédie Française and the Louvre Museum.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food was good, taste and quality was consistent. Has the French signature where it does not try to amaze, just that subtle perfection. My husband had the veal kidney which he wanted well done, but the head waiter suggested it should have a little pink. He was assured he could have it done more if he did not like it. The onion soup was the deconstructed one where I had to add in the cheese and croutons to the onion soup base. As for my entree of salmon with citrus sauce - it was perfectly cooked, flaking well, not dry at all, with the sauce tasting just perfect. The restaurant is quite well-appointed. And the head waiter was friendly enough - as well as a Parisian could be- and efficient.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

family gathering (6 of us) in June 2013.
service was abysmal. Slow, wrong orders, confusion, and the place was almost empty at 8 PM on a Monday night.
over priced for quality
do not order steak if you like American steaks.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is great for a night out in Paris. The food is great as is the service. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for in Paris. We had a lovely dinner and will definitely go back.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Ever since eating here my grandmother and I have compared every other meal AND MOST DEFINITELY every server to this meal. Benjamin was our waiter and he was so professional, kind, funny, on top of everything... Seriously amazing! We had the poached cod and it was fantastic and definitely not mushy! The tart was fantastic, too. Though the meal was an A+ on all levels, especially since we had just gone there as a fluke being we were starved from the Louvre, Benjamin really made it exceptional. He even tried to get us help from the concierge, Eric, who was unfortunately the opposite and I would never stay there because of his condescending ways. Enough said... Great meal and Benjamin needs to train others all over the world!!!!

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff was so accommodating with my food allergies. They made sure that my food was nut free and that meant going back and forth with the Chef. The Chef recommended a safe dish for me- Fish. The main course, wine, and dessert were devine! They went as far as charging my IPhone while I dined. I would recommend this place! My family and I, enjoyed our evening.