“Disappointing”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Chez Pierrot restaurant in Paris, in a very typically Parisian quarter between the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides, fulfills every expectation you've squirreled away of what a real French bistro should be. From the curving red awning to the antique posters, the comfy banquettes to the red and white table linens covered with paper, it's all fabulously right, even a touch kitsch. The menu features cuisine de terroir, dishes like cream of asparagus soup with croutons, tripe ragout Lyonnais style, roasted goats cheese salad with pain de campagne. Wines are good, of course, but the house cocktail is the mojito. The service is precise and professional and utterly attentive. A great find.
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We rented an apartment in rue Amelie and read reviews of chez perrot so decided at the last minute to go out for dinner. It was our first night in Paris and although very tired ventured out to dine. Unfortunately big mistake as wanted authentic French meal . I ordered the chicken flamed in cognac which noted was a traditional Lyon dish . Arrived on a huge bed of pasta ( hardly French) and was probably the worst roast chicken I have ever had . No seasoning at all . My son had the confit duck which was dry and salty and the potatoes were overcoooked ( in duck fat ?) and soggy not the least bit crisp! The only redemption was my husband was quite happy with the scallops but these were served with basmati rice ( once again hardly French ) . Overall would not recommend if you enjoy good quality authentic French food as this does not live up to the previous reviews! A huge disappointment for our first night in Paris ! We can only do better tomorrow or I'll shopping in rue cler and preparing our own french meal !

3  Thank Ann C

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Just got back from a trip to Paris with a few family members. We went to visit my son who lives in Paris and his girlfriend who lives outside of Paris. I made reservations at this restaurant--one because it was close to our hotel and I knew everyone would be tired our first day in Paris and two--the reviews, on Tripadvisor, were outstanding. Now, one cannot believe everything they read but this restaurant did not disappoint!! Not one member of our group complained (a miracle, ha ha). The food was outstanding, the wine was wonderful and most important--the service was terrific. I had the best beef bourgionne (sp?) that I have ever eaten and the salads with the crispy goat cheese--spectacular. Although we planned to eat at different restaurants every night we were in Paris--we went back to Chez Pierrot one night. I wished that I could have gotten the name of the woman who waited on us. My husband was under the impression that she may have been the owner. I did have my son and his girlfriend translate for us to tell her we really enjoyed this restaurant. I will be returning to Paris within the year and this restaurant will be at the top of my list!!

Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Food was good. Not spetacular, but good enough. The place is small, cozy, a bit too dark, but with a pleasant atmosphere. What I didn't understand was that the set menu, which costed 18.50 for lunch, costed 28.50 for dinner, and there was nothing different to it. So, better go for lunch or else you'll feel stupid.

2  Thank Fernando M
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My wife and I dined here with another couple on our last night in Paris. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was only about half full around 7 to 8 pm. Most if not all of the diners were American. It appears the locals have almost entirely abandoned this restaurant or maybe they want to avoid the Rick Steves crowd. I have to admit there were two obviously American couples eating together that were obnoxiously loud at times in the little restaurant.

Overall, we all liked the food and would go back. One American couple that was eating there said they had eaten there the night before and thought it was so good that they came back the next night. There was a good collection of French items on the menu. The prices were reasonable for the quality. The wine list is limited and priced a little on the high end for the quality (IMHO).

The service was excellent. The waitress was on top of everything.

1  Thank kenbrumy
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Cosy atmosphere complimented by deicious french fare.

1  Thank KrazyCat_SA