“A true Hidden Gem”

Ranked #60 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“A true Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

There is so much I can say about this hotel but that would take hours and I only stayed for 1 Night! It is a beautiful little property situated in a quiet street no more than 150m from the Arc de triomphe! The welcome from the FO team was nice with the GM also coming to say hello! I was shown to the room with a little tour. My room was small but perfectly appointed and laid out well which was fine for my short trip. The raindrop shower was a real treat with fantastic water pressure.

There is natural wood and brick everywhere and the decor and furniture in the public areas are very comfortable. The beds and pillows are by far the MOST comfortable I have slept in and I have slept in a few! They are made with coconut husk apparently..... Who knew?! The free Wi-Fi was excellent and really fast making working an actual pleasure.

The staff are very friendly and very accommodating even when I showed up 5 mins late for B'fast the hostess was very kind and looked after me well. The bar was small but the little amuse bouche which were on offer and the friendliness off the barman made you forget the size. My drinks were mixed expertly and I enjoyed the warm nuts that were tossed in a secret recipe!

I have to visit again, if only to enjoy the bed again. A must if you are going to Paris!

Room Tip: There is a new wing which is accessed from the street next door to the main entrance but there are p...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear AHotelier,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Hidden Hotel. We are delighted that you had a lovely, though short stay with us.... and that you had a good night"s sleep in our coco-mat beds!

See you again soon at the Hidden Hotel!
Best regards,
Alinde Bittner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hidden Hotel for one week this past March and had an outstanding experience. From the moment we arrived until our departure, the staff were overwhelmingly helpful and accommodating. A few highlights:

1. Our transatlantic flight arrived at CDG around 7:30 am, so our arrival at Hidden Hotel was far before standard check in. We fully expected to leave our bags and explore the area. Instead, while a room was cleaned for our immediate occupancy, we were asked to enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet.

2. On the evening of our second night in Paris, we were suprised with complimentary iced champagne and chocolates.

3. Breakfast choices are amazing.

4. Though Americans traveling for the first time in Europe will probably find the rooms small, they are extremely well appointed, comfortable (and comforting), and luxurious. I don't recall having such peaceful sleep as on Hidden Hotel's bedding.

The only caution I would give is the location is not the most romantic in Paris. It is extremely close to the Arc de Triomphe (200 meters, perhaps?) and the Champs Elsyees. If I had my preference, the hotel would be in the Marais or Saint Germain des Pres. But the hotel is within easy walking distance of three metro stops. With that in mind, for me, the quality, service, and value far outweigh any negative aspects of the location.

Summary: The next time I'm in Paris, my hotel of choice will be the Hidden Hotel.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff about your personal preferences. My experience indicates they could not be more h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LRWanderlust,

The entire Hidden Team was also delighted that you have chosen our hotel as your base in Paris and are very happy that you have had a great time in Paris! We indeed try to make our guests' stay enjoyable.

Thank you so much for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor!

A très bientôt,
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here for the first time in March. Wonderful location on a very quiet street but just a block away from the Arc de Triumph and all that hustle-bustle. Many nice small restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. Check out their website - the rooms are truly unusual and amazing. A sense of peace falls on you as you enter... really! The entire experience there was wonderful. Two options for breakfast - one is cold but has extensive choices, and the other is hot - made to order omelettes, and lots of other goodies including fresh fruit, homemade yoghurt, pastries, cereals. Front desk staff are caring, friendly and wonderful. The only complaint I have - and it's not enough for me to lower their rating to 4 stars - is that in my particular room there was nowhere for me to put my suitcase to unpack it, except the bed. I've seen several of their rooms and they come in different sizes and configurations so this is only a minor concern. A great experience!

Dear tootallhiker,
Thank you so much for your excellent feedback on our hotel. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
I will share your comments with the entire Hidden Team and hope that we will be able to welcome you back during your next stay in Paris.
Warmest regards,
NS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at this great TA find in Sept 2012. This was last 5 days of our first European trip. We just came from being pampered at the ritz Carleton in Spain- so we where thinikning this would be let down. We where wrong first impressions mean a lot and the receptionist Daria- was terrific although room was ready she suggetsed a place for lunch and made us feel right at home! The location is jsut few blocks from the Arc de Triomphe and close to many great restaurants. The rooms although small are very charming and very clean- it was a very romantic palce to spend last 5 nites. The staff where terrific and very helpful. the breakfast each morning was terrific (pricey) but service from- Djallo made the cost worth it! The assitant GM - Rabih was of great assitance as his english was superb. This is charmign , clean and well priced Hotel. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiddenHotel, Directeur général at Hidden Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear gspfanns,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impressions about your stay with us on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and that the Hidden Team made your time in Paris even more enjoyable!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the City of Lights!

Warmest regards from Paris,
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is very nice : the design, the bed, the bathroom are of very good quality. The staff do its best to please the guests, to welcome him warmly. I spend a very restful night in a big bed, very confortable. I had a breakfast in the morning. I had time, so I could have a very nice and a very large breakfast. You can have everything you want, you have very good quality products, especially the coffee, which is often not good in hotels or restaurants. You can feel that there is someone behind the experience, someone though about the client experience and really wanted to make it unforgettable. Best place in Paris, for a very reasonnable price.

Room Tip: La rue est très calme, l'hotel parfaitement isolé. Pas de besoin de fuir la facade. J'ai dor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul,

We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our breakfast. You are right: we are using only selected high quality products for our breakfast and prepare fresh salads, home-made cakes, tarts and other delicacies on a daily basis for our guests.

A très bientôt at the Hidden Hotel!

Kindest regards,
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

we stayed here for the week end, the hotel is situated a short walk from the arc de triomphe. the room was very clean and beautiful all the bed was surrounded with linen curtains, all pieces in room were made from wood, linen or stone which added character. the staff were friendly and helpful. would love to stay here again, there is more information about the different types of rooms available on their website however it may be cheaper to book via a different site.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kelvin,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your week-end in Paris and that you had a lovely stay with us. ... and thank you so much for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor... !
By the way: if you compare rates for our hotel displayed on various booking websites, you will realize that the rates offered on our own website are very competitive indeed!

For your next stay please feel free to contact me directly on direction@hidden-hotel.com. I will be delighted to assist you.

Best regards from Paris,
Bluff, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a charming property just of Champs Elysees near Arc de Triomphe. Truly a gem and perhaps a hidden secret no more! Elegant boutique four star property with economical rates. Excellent breakfast buffet and the customer service is so attentive, considerate and helpful. My room has a lovely balcony, the bed is heavenly, the finest of linens and pillows, really everything one needs to be comfortable with a business or leisure trip in Paris.

Room Tip: Room 101 with the balxony is the room I shall request for future stays:)
Dear Charlie D,

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor! We are delighted that you had a fantastic stay with us and look forward to pampering you again soon at the Hidden Hotel!

Warmest regards from Paris,